Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Originally Posted by Wisdom
Just checking to see if your Marriott accounts reads the same as mine. My account shows me as a Platinum Elite. Not Lifetime Platinum Elite. But I am. I have an email from Marriott from a year ago that congratulated me.
For those that are Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elites, does your account show that on the Marriott page of does it just say Platinum Elite?
If you click on "details" under your number of nights on the MR Overview screen, it will give you your Lifetime status.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by dsperling
If you click on "details" under your number of nights on the MR Overview screen, it will give you your Lifetime status.
Nights Detail

My email said You did it, ***** – Platinum Elite Status is yours for life. Here's to a lifetime of adventures together!

0 nights needed to renew Platinum Elite. Not sure why it says Lifetime Gold.

2018 total 110
  • Gold Lifetime Status
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:38 pm

Nights Detail

0 nights needed to renew Platinum Elite. Not sure why it says Lifetime Gold

2018 total 110
  • Gold Lifetime Status
FYI --

That lifetime counter is broken for some (including mine). They've known this issue since January-ish but have yet to fix it. If you call, they will have the correct lifetime status / count.
Wisdom likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
FYI --

That lifetime counter is broken for some (including mine). They've known this issue since January-ish but have yet to fix it. If you call, they will have the correct lifetime status / count.
Thank you very much. Will do.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Just checking to see if your Marriott accounts reads the same as mine. My account shows me as a Platinum Elite. Not Lifetime Platinum Elite. But I am. I have an email from Marriott from a year ago that congratulated me.
For those that are Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elites, does your account show that on the Marriott page of does it just say Platinum Elite?
General status on Marriott.com homepage while logged in is platinum, and just "Platinum Elite" on the my account page, but if I click the nights detail link on the account page it says "XX nights needed to renew Platinum Elite" near the top and "Platinum Lifetime Status" on the right side.
Wisdom likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Well, since we seem to be playing a CSR vs. CSR game, I will put Sarah J. into the ring. According to my chat with Sarah J. (below), we DO indeed have until the end of 2018 to achieve LTP and be grandfathered into LTPP. I've lost count of the two sides, but I think "end of year" is starting to pull ahead... ?

Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:08:19 PM): You have been connected to Sarah J. How may I help you?
Me (4/19/2018, 3:08:38 PM): Hi Sarah... this is Dan. I have a couple questions on my MR account.
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:08:47 PM): What can I answer for you
Me (4/19/2018, 3:09:26 PM): First, I heard somewhere that the "lifetime nights" counter on the website is sometimes wrong, so I would like to confirm how many lifetime nights I have. I show 723.
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:10:13 PM): To date, your Marriott Rewards account reflects 723 lifetime Elite nights and 2,713,508 total points accumulated.
Me (4/19/2018, 3:10:57 PM): OK, so my information is correct... thank you.
My next question is related to the changes coming in August... one which you've probably heard multiple times already...
Me (4/19/2018, 3:12:23 PM): I am obviously very close to Lifetime Platinum (need only 27 more nights). My question is... in order to achieve LT Platinum and then be grandfathered into LT Platinum Premier in the new program, do I have to achieve LT Platinum by August 1st or by December 31st. The materials are unclear. :-/
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:12:47 PM): You have until the end of 2018.
Me (4/19/2018, 3:13:55 PM): So, as long as I have my 750 nights by the end of 2018, I will be LT Platinum Premier going forward?
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:15:54 PM): Yes, you will have until December 31, 2018 to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds.
Me (4/19/2018, 3:17:38 PM): OK, but the published materials treat Platinum Premier differently because there IS no "previous threshold" for Premier... that's why there's so much confusion out here.
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:18:33 PM): The previous threshold will be the Platinum Lifetime level. If you acheive the Platinum Lifetime level you will then be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status.
Me (4/19/2018, 3:19:38 PM): OK, great to hear... thank you for the clarification!
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:19:52 PM): Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me (4/19/2018, 3:20:03 PM): Nope, those are what I needed... thank you!
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:20:26 PM): Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. If you have any additional questions, please contact us via the https://www.marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi link of Marriott.com.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by phltraveler
General status on Marriott.com homepage while logged in is platinum, and just "Platinum Elite" on the my account page, but if I click the nights detail link on the account page it says "XX nights needed to renew Platinum Elite" near the top and "Platinum Lifetime Status" on the right side.
Mine is all messed up. When I click on the details this is what it says...Nights Detail

0 nights needed to renew Platinum Elite

2017 rollover:108
  • Gold Lifetime Status
Just spoke with Marriott. They show me as a Lifetime Platinum Elite and said they will work on fixing it.

Last edited by Wisdom; Apr 19, 2018 at 1:31 pm Reason: Missed something
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:55 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dsperling
Well, since we seem to be playing a CSR vs. CSR game, I will put Sarah J. into the ring. According to my chat with Sarah J. (below), we DO indeed have until the end of 2018 to achieve LTP and be grandfathered into LTPP. I've lost count of the two sides, but I think "end of year" is starting to pull ahead... ?

Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:08:19 PM): You have been connected to Sarah J. How may I help you?
Me (4/19/2018, 3:08:38 PM): Hi Sarah... this is Dan. I have a couple questions on my MR account.
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:08:47 PM): What can I answer for you
Me (4/19/2018, 3:09:26 PM): First, I heard somewhere that the "lifetime nights" counter on the website is sometimes wrong, so I would like to confirm how many lifetime nights I have. I show 723.
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:10:13 PM): To date, your Marriott Rewards account reflects 723 lifetime Elite nights and 2,713,508 total points accumulated.
Me (4/19/2018, 3:10:57 PM): OK, so my information is correct... thank you.
My next question is related to the changes coming in August... one which you've probably heard multiple times already...
Me (4/19/2018, 3:12:23 PM): I am obviously very close to Lifetime Platinum (need only 27 more nights). My question is... in order to achieve LT Platinum and then be grandfathered into LT Platinum Premier in the new program, do I have to achieve LT Platinum by August 1st or by December 31st. The materials are unclear. :-/
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:12:47 PM): You have until the end of 2018.
Me (4/19/2018, 3:13:55 PM): So, as long as I have my 750 nights by the end of 2018, I will be LT Platinum Premier going forward?
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:15:54 PM): Yes, you will have until December 31, 2018 to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds.
Me (4/19/2018, 3:17:38 PM): OK, but the published materials treat Platinum Premier differently because there IS no "previous threshold" for Premier... that's why there's so much confusion out here.
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:18:33 PM): The previous threshold will be the Platinum Lifetime level. If you acheive the Platinum Lifetime level you will then be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status.
Me (4/19/2018, 3:19:38 PM): OK, great to hear... thank you for the clarification!
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:19:52 PM): Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me (4/19/2018, 3:20:03 PM): Nope, those are what I needed... thank you!
Sarah J (4/19/2018, 3:20:26 PM): Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. If you have any additional questions, please contact us via the https://www.marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi link of Marriott.com.

It is also confirmed on the website that you have until Dec 31:
https://members.marriott.com/benefits/
"You can also qualify via the existing criteria through December 31, 2018"
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Marriott Plat was 75 nights, SPG was 50

I hope that MR Gold will count as they are 50 nights but the document reads that it must be Plat

Hopefully we will get a clarification or reconsideration but the way I read it you would have zero Plat years but some towards LT Gold (although the bar has been raised)

SPG Gold years will definitely not count as they are only 25 nights

Don't know if they would count status match years
Frequent Miler has a Q&A that goes into those who won't qualify under the old program and that previous Marriott Gold years will qualify for the new Platinum once the new program starts:

• Q: In the new program, lifetime elite status will require a certain number of years of status. Will those years be additive across Marriott & SPG?
    A: Yes. To determine the number of years you’ve been Platinum, you would add up the number of years you were Gold or higher with Marriot plus the number of years you were Platinum with SPG. They even count both when you had elite status with both programs in the same year.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
I received the exact opposite response from the MR call center. I was told that there will be one time points conversion, and grandfather to Platinum Premier, on August 1st, if you have met the threshold for Lifetime Platinum in the Marriott program. Going forward you can still qualify for lifetime platinum in the new program using the old qualifications but it will only map to the lifetime tiers in the new program. The grand fathering to LTPP will be a one time event.

Unfortunately, this seems to make sense as there has been no mention of two points conversions.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:06 pm

where do you find on your MR web page how many years you have been Gold or Platinum? When you click on "Nights" it only shows number of nights and total points. While I'm asking, I have >750 nights but less than 2mm points so I'm a Lifetime Gold. Everywhere I read on the MR or FT websites, it says nothing about points. So, if I am greater than 750 nights, I should be a LT Platinum...in August, would this move me to LTPE?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by skaggman
where do you find on your MR web page how many years you have been Gold or Platinum? When you click on "Nights" it only shows number of nights and total points. While I'm asking, I have >750 nights but less than 2mm points so I'm a Lifetime Gold. Everywhere I read on the MR or FT websites, it says nothing about points. So, if I am greater than 750 nights, I should be a LT Platinum...in August, would this move me to LTPE?
The legacy SPG or Marriott Program rules counts for the conversion. Since you are a MR, you need 750 Nights and 2M points (no year requirement) for Legacy LT Plat to convert to the new LTPE.

The new lifetime program that begins on August 1st doesn't allow earnings to LTPE.

The big debate is when you need to achieve the legacy LTP. Some say August 1st while others say Dec 31st. Equally mixed messages are coming out from the call centers and chats so i'm just gonna wait until they clarify it on the website or something.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:57 pm

Agree. I just finished chatting with a MR CSR and she said if I get over 2mm points before 12/31, I would become a LT Plat and thus would then roll over to LTPE on 12/31. Of course, as others have stated, its a CSR vs. CSR tally now so we will have to see how it all works out!

I forgot to ask her before I ended the chat it my SPG points would combine to MR points to help me reduce the deficit and push me over the LTP and get me to LTPE. I doubt it but as a salesman, you have to look at every angle!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by sfosyd
I received the exact opposite response from the MR call center. I was told that there will be one time points conversion, and grandfather to Platinum Premier, on August 1st, if you have met the threshold for Lifetime Platinum in the Marriott program.
I've seen a lot of post referencing something happening to individual accounts on Aug 1. But don't we have to manually combine (even if already linked) our accounts ourselves? I think that the only thing that happens on Aug 1 is that new program policy kicks in. Sure, many of us will be queued up to also combine our accounts on that same day, but the notion of anything happening to individual accounts automatically in the background strikes me as somewhat dubious.

I personally will be thrilled if my SPG points convert 1:3 to MR points prior to consideration for LTPP - I will clear that hurdle easily, if so. I'm just not yet even remotely pursuaded that that's what's actually going to shake out (particularly since, for example, the MR table references lifetime status today vs. on Aug 1.

Obviously it would be exceptionally helpful were MR to release the actual formula that will be applied to the two accounts -- if they themselves even know what that is or will be up 'til now...
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jeanie
I have similar questions. I am short on points for LTP. If this points transfer in August from SPG counts toward lifetime points, then I am good to go. If it doesn't, then I guess I have until December 31, 2018, to earn those points from a different source. Right now, since SPG point transfers don't count, I need to assume that they won't count in August, either. But I don't know that for sure.
I hope they do, but I doubt it. There's always: transfer your SPG points to someone else, have them convert to MR and transfer those MR points to you. That counts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.