Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Amateurs!

-----

-----
You should be good for the afterlife as well.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Amateurs!

-----

-----
I bet those weren't BIB. How long have you had your credit card?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JackE
Does transferring United MileagePlus points to Marriott Rewards increase lifetime Marriott points? Logic tells me no, but....?
Thanks for bringing this up; I didn't know that United MP points could be transferred to Marriott.

Can anybody tell me how to make the transfer? I've clicked on just about every link in the United MileagePlus "use award miles" menu (logged in as United Gold) and can't figure it out! I tried googling it to see if one of the helpful bloggers would lay it out for me, but the bloggers all just say transferring from United to Marriott is a bad value so don't do it.

ETA I finally found a direct link on the 3rd page of my google search, but does anyone know if you can find it directly on the United site?
https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:58 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by ehallison
Thanks for bringing this up; I didn't know that United MP points could be transferred to Marriott.

Can anybody tell me how to make the transfer? I've clicked on just about every link in the United MileagePlus "use award miles" menu (logged in as United Gold) and can't figure it out! I tried googling it to see if one of the helpful bloggers would lay it out for me, but the bloggers all just say transferring from United to Marriott is a bad value so don't do it.

ETA I finally found a direct link on the 3rd page of my google search, but does anyone know if you can find it directly on the United site?
Yes it is a bad deal for the transfer. However if you need to get lifetime status for the merger it might could be worth it. Personally I would get a Marriott credit card and spend like crazy.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ehallison

I added it to my bookmarks. Easy-peasy.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Being from SPG I have a question to you marriott guys, just to satisfy own curiosity . In your Lifetime accounts what is the ratio of bonus/roll-over/cc nights to butt in bed nights?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by X-ON
Being from SPG I have a question to you marriott guys, just to satisfy own curiosity . In your Lifetime accounts what is the ratio of bonus/roll-over/cc nights to butt in bed nights?
The lifetime totals on the MR site don't break out bonus/rollover nights in the data (they break them out for the current year only), so it's difficult to give a precise answer.

I'm at about 1000 lifetime nights and I'd guess that 150 of those are rollover, cc, etc.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by X-ON
Having been a member for 25+ years, long before rollover and many years before the cc, my nights are mostly butt-in-bed. Its only a guess, but probably ~80-85% butt-in-bed.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by point_seeker
I bet those weren't BIB. How long have you had your credit card?
DL-Don already addressed this separately, estimating that 80-85% of his nights are BIB. Even so, 2800 BIB nights is not difficult for hard-core road warriors to accumulate. A traveling consultant can easily log 200 nights a year. With long projects and weekend stay-overs 300 is reasonable. 10 years of that puts you right in the neighborhood.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
DL-Don already addressed this separately, estimating that 80-85% of his nights are BIB. Even so, 2800 BIB nights is not difficult for hard-core road warriors to accumulate. A traveling consultant can easily log 200 nights a year. With long projects and weekend stay-overs 300 is reasonable. 10 years of that puts you right in the neighborhood.
Until I semi-retired, I was a PP for about 10 years. I often spent 75% of the time on the road and usually, when I had a choice, in a Marriott.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
just looked at my LT nights and it now says 418 I know for a fact it was more as I thought I should be able to hit 500 this year. Anyone else seeing a discrepancy?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cfischer
just looked at my LT nights and it now says 418 I know for a fact it was more as I thought I should be able to hit 500 this year. Anyone else seeing a discrepancy?
My LT night count is exactly where it should be, so no problems here.

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Aug 13, 2017 at 7:47 pm
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Platinum Lifetime Status

Nights 752
Points 2,526,312
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
On my current trajectory, I will match the number of nights in 5 years or so... which includes rollover nights. I stay 200 nights a year typically, which gives me around 325 nights a year with the rollover from previous year. It is certainly possible to hit these numbers in a relatively short period of time (10 years or so) being a road warrior. The exceptional points total means he was staying at the higher end Marriott properties compared to me (I'm a CY and FI monger for the most part). I will only have 50% - 70% of his points total when I hit that # of nights. This puts my approximate number of BIB nights at around 70% (based on current years, and some prior years where my total nights were 100% BIB nights).
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
I have lifetime nights=287 and only 5,098 lifetime points, presumably because i've enabled the immediate transfer to united miles. does this mean i can not obtain lifetime status? or is here a way to get my lifetime points recalculated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.