Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by nevansm
On rollover nights counting towards lifetime nights... I'm not nuts here, they're being counted twice, right?
To the first part of your question, I cannot give any assurances that you are not nuts. To the second part, though, I can give assurance that the nights are being counted twice: once when you earn them in 2016 and a second time when they become rollover nights for 2017.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by fivevsone
got lifetime Platinum with this years rollover of 83 nights.

Platinum Lifetime Status

Nights 764
Points 2,748,426
Congrats.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
I just hit lifetime Plat and while I didn't need the rollover nights to make it it appears that they were added to my total
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Is my math correct?

Sitting on 600 nights after 20 nights so far this year

For the purposes of this question:

• I've ignored last years roll - over
  • I assume LTP qualification will remain the same until the end of this year*
  • No potential for Credit Card nights (UK based)

So at 655 nights, I will "properly" re-qualify as Platinum for 2018

95 nights remaining before I would hit the "magic" 750 nights - the 2m points I will have by the end of April.

If I stay a further 48 nights - 123 total

Would that roll-over to give me 751?

All input greatly appreciated

* I know that's by no means certain
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Sitting on 600 nights after 20 nights so far this year

For the purposes of this question:

• I've ignored last years roll - over
  • I assume LTP qualification will remain the same until the end of this year*
  • No potential for Credit Card nights (UK based)

So at 655 nights, I will "properly" re-qualify as Platinum for 2018

95 nights remaining before I would hit the "magic" 750 nights - the 2m points I will have by the end of April.

If I stay a further 48 nights - 123 total

Would that roll-over to give me 751?

All input greatly appreciated

* I know that's by no means certain
If I follow all your numbers right, yes, you should end up with 751 nights AFTER they post the 48 rollover nights next year.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Question Why are they telling me this now?

Having had Plat Lifetime for over three years I was surprised to get an email today proclaiming "CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU'VE EARNED LIFETIME PLATINUM ELITE STATUS

You did it, John – Platinum Elite Status is yours for life. Here's to a lifetime of adventures together!"

Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Having had Plat Lifetime for over three years I was surprised to get an email today proclaiming "CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU'VE EARNED LIFETIME PLATINUM ELITE STATUS

You did it, John – Platinum Elite Status is yours for life. Here's to a lifetime of adventures together!"

Yes, I found the same email. Makes one wonder....
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Yeah, but it's not inaccurate. Just weird. A better one for us would be "you're still Life Plat, and please don't do a status match at Hilton or Hyatt and shop around".

Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AA - Gold; MR - LT Silver
Received Lifetime Gold status email

So this morning I received the Lifetime Gold congrats email, even though I am still 100k points short of the LT Gold levels. I look at my account information on the website and it still says LT Silver. Did they just have a hiccup last night or whats' going on?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Got my email today too. I've been LT Gold for quite a while now...

The email highlighted my three Gold benefits: bonus points, late checkout, and room upgrade. Considering they purposely left out the main Gold benefit - lounge/breakfast - and considering that room upgrades are almost never delivered upon, I'm a tad bit concerned at what Marriott is "priming" us for in the future.

A year from now, is Gold basically going to be bonus points plus a late checkout as long as the property isn't a "resort", convention hotel, art deco hotel, located in a historic district, adjacent to a highway, taller than 3 floors, painted red, or "just really busy this time of year"?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Something's gotta give and that sounds like the natural progression of things. They really can't cut the lounges back too much more, many are at the bare minimum of substance.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by joshua362
Something's gotta give and that sounds like the natural progression of things. They really can't cut the lounges back too much more, many are at the bare minimum of substance.
Bare minimum is better than the nothing I get staying at the Marriott in Visalia, CA, where the concierge shut down and now I just get certificates for their free crappy breakfasts. The concierge here used to serve really nice stuff during the dinner hours... I always enjoyed going up there for a beer before turning in for the night. Now... nothing. I'm afraid many other properties have followed suit here, and I'm not liking it.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by JackE
Yes; exactly that. It may be off-putting to MR members to see that they need 750 nights, never mind the points, while an SPG migrant gets MR LT after only 500 nights -- though Marriott nights are easier to acquire than SPG nights.

I agree that it would be a big mistake to only count available-to-transfer points. And that it would make sense to count nights only. But I think it should be at a 3:2 ratio to correspond to 750:500.

It's almost a moot point because everyone accumulates points alongside accumulating nights. My earlier point was that if they DO choose to track points, then SPG members should simply get proportionate credit. That's for pre-SPG-LTP'ers. Those who have crossed the SPG LTP threshold should simply be grandfathered into MR LTP. And similarly with SPG LTG and the corresponding MR level.
Hmmm, for me being a LTG with SPG having 800+ SPG lifetime nights and only 20+ MR lifetime nights this sounds to good to be true. In any case for me personally this would be very beneficial even if they come up with a new top-tier lifetime only level that would require 1K+ nights .... and water down the lower tiers obviously .... wonder how many 1K+ night people there are out there quite a few I guess ...

Anyway a night based system makes a lot of sense to me especially for us that are not based in the core market US. We cant leverage off the various CC in the same way as US based customers. I guess earlier with Mariotts (and for that matter SPGs) relatively small footprint outside US it could make sense to include points to incentivize people to use the CC and therefore increase that revenue stream. However nowadays even though the heavy footprint is still in the US, there is an increase in the ex US footprint and more importantly there is where a lot of the growth potential lies... maybe go down the route that some airlines have done and having different tier qualification levels based on residency ... which of course could be gamed...

Last edited by X-ON; Mar 3, 2017 at 8:00 am
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by X-ON
Hmmm, for me being a LTG with SPG having 800+ SPG lifetime nights and only 20+ MR lifetime nights this sounds to good to be true. In any case for me personally this would be very beneficial even if they come up with a new top-tier lifetime only level that would require 1K+ nights .... and water down the lower tiers obviously .... wonder how many 1K+ night people there are out there quite a few I guess ...

Anyway a night based system makes a lot of sense to me especially for us that are not based in the core market US. We cant leverage off the various CC in the same way as US based customers. I guess earlier with Mariotts (and for that matter SPGs) relatively small footprint outside US it could make sense to include points to incentivize people to use the CC and therefore increase that revenue stream. However nowadays even though the heavy footprint is still in the US, there is an increase in the ex US footprint and more importantly there is where a lot of the growth potential lies... maybe go down the route that some airlines have done and having different tier qualification levels based on residency ... which of course could be gamed...
I would bet that there are quite a few road warriors that have 1000+ nights... myself being one of them (~1200) ... I personally know a couple that are nearing 2500, and have seen a couple posts of people 3000+ ... I wouldn't want to see that tier for lifers set at anything less than 2000 nights... IMHO this would provide an exceptional level of service to the top 1% of MR/SPG customers. Maybe this tier would be Plat Premier .... and would be nice to see a few additional perks at this tier compared to the current PP program. This is all wishful thinking and pure speculation, of course.... and the opinion of one measly road warrior.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by jjmoore
I wouldn't want to see that tier for lifers set at anything less than 2000 nights... IMHO this would provide an exceptional level of service to the top 1% of MR/SPG customers.
You are confusing past business with present and future business. The Rewards program is a marketing tool to encourage present and future business, not reward past business or make people feel super-elite. Someone who has stayed 2k nights is more likely to be at the end of his/her maximum value to Marriott years. 2k may also be too lofty a goal to encourage many people to strive for LTP. There is little benefit to Marriott in waiting until someone has achieved 2k nights to start offering exceptional service. It would be a very targeted small marketing tool that would reach very few people, whereas Marriott appears to want an attainable goal in a marketing tool that reaches many people. Frankly, I don't understand the people that need exclusivity in their hotel marketing program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.