Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mav
Can someone please show me where Manufactured spend is? I have almost 500 nights and not even 500,000 points yet I have a looonnnggg way to go. TIA
Maria
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:52 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
thank you

Thank you for the info.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mav
Can someone please show me where Manufactured spend is? I have almost 500 nights and not even 500,000 points yet I have a looonnnggg way to go. TIA
Maria
FlyerTalk has a Manufactured Spending forum, which is in the Credit Cards section of Miles & Points. (The Credit Cards section is below the Hotel Programs section.)

The direct link to the forum is:

Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Additionally, I don't argue that there should be an additional award/benefit for surpassing Platinum status. I argue that there should be some sort of recognition for doing so by a great margin. Like say. . . 2xLTP. Every now and then I read about a traveler who is feted by a location upon reaching LTP status, and I think, "gosh, nothing like that has ever happened to me." Then I looked at my lifetime total and found that I had just passed 2xLTP and it got me thinking..., "Hey, I could have used my second LTP run to earn lifetime status with another company. How dumb am I?"
While earning that second program's status, you would have been staying at their hotels with lower status, getting fewer upgrades, fewer bonus points, fewer other benefits, etc. There's a real cost to that.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by qazw1
I personally do not view lifetime status as being that worthwhile that one should really pursue it.
Given the upgrades I get with Marriott (maybe it's just luck), I think it's worth $300/year to buy Platinum. Even valuing suite upgrades at the relatively low arbitrary amount I'd willingly pay, it doesn't take many to be worth that cost.

(The price of Platinum is based on the nights I already earn "legitimately", and is the cost of meeting nights I do purely for status.)

Lifetime status would avoid that cost and the effort involved, so it clearly has value. (Besides, one more 2-year Platinum purchase will give me enough nights for LP. I still need to work on points.)
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:31 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
While earning that second program's status, you would have been staying at their hotels with lower status, getting fewer upgrades, fewer bonus points, fewer other benefits, etc. There's a real cost to that.
But the cost may be fairly low.

I know with SPG, you can get a one-time status match. So with Starwood, you might not have to deal with more benefits rather than less. And you can get their mid-tier Gold status very easily. With Hilton, it is also very easy to get Gold status pretty quickly. Hilton Gold is similar to Marriott Gold where you get 90% of the top level's benefits. So no major loss there either. And IHG doesn't really give much in the way of "benefits" to their top level. So no major loss there either. (OK, I'll admit that RA is good, but that really only gets you "true" benefits at ICs and you have to pay to get into the Ambassador program.)

I'm not as familiar with Hyatt's program, but I'd suspect they have either a status match or a fast-track program for status.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You generally get second-highest status pretty easily.

My experience at Hiltons is that Diamond upgrades are a lot more common than Gold (and Gold doesn't get Lounge access unless upgraded to an appropriate room, Diamond always does).

Starwood Gold used to (15 years ago) get me great benefits, not so much any more.

IHG Platinum hasn't gotten me much either.

But in any case, the points bonus multiplier is lower for the second-highest tier than the highest. (And the relative value of points varies a lot, too.)
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Lifetime: Nights v. Points ratio

Right now, I'm at 735 nights, and 1,174,000 points. I'm thinking this must be low, because I almost have enough nights to be LT Plat, but I'm still 25k away from LT Silver.... Looks like it works out to 1,597.28 points per night, which is the equivalent of $106/night @ 15 points per dollar - but I stay at a lot of RI, so could be a bit more.

I'd be interested to see how I compare to others in spend/night ratio.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Right now I'm at about 2200 points per night.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Apparently I am on the other end of points vs nights - 3800 points per night.

It also helps that I have/had the Marriott and Ritz credit cards and have transferred points from my Wife's account to mine to redeem several awards.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by nissan720
It also helps that I have/had the Marriott and Ritz credit cards and have transferred points from my Wife's account to mine to redeem several awards.
That means you spend too much $$$ at hotel, especially if you transfer points in from your wife... that means as a plat (at a non residence inn) you are paying $253/night, probably a lot more given your wife + bonus promotions, etc. - how are you spending so much, or am I missing something?

Edit: Oh nevermind, if you transfer points in, that would raise it, without you paying more

Last edited by Tedgrrrr; Oct 10, 2015 at 11:12 am
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
846 nights

2968 points/night average

Its all convuluted though. Rollover nights. Bonus points (50% premium because I am platinum etc.) 15 nights/year for the CC. Very tough to unwind and see what my average/night for a stay really is.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Platinum Lifetime Status
Nights 1,035
Points 2,414,069
2,332 points per night.

As noted above. I paid well below $233/night due to PLT bonuses, mega-a nd other bonuses, etc., etc.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
dupe.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:26 pm

i'm not intelligent enough to figure it out, is it better to have a low dollar/nights ratio? or a high one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.