Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
I have the opposite problem of most people:

Lifetime Status
Nights: 147
Getting LT Plat nights in just over a year and for ~$2K is easy. Even if you have 0, you can get the 750 needed by getting the Chase Marriott card and hosting 39 $50 meetings.

Year 1: (39 x 10 EQN per meeting) + 15 (annual CC nights) = 405
Year 2: 330 rollover nights + 15 annual CC nights
TOTAL: 750 nights
Considering the annual CC fee that will kick in for the second year and assuming your meetings were $50/each, that's about $2K in cost.

Points are another matter. You could spend $1,270,000 on the CC to get those same 390 nights, plus the ones you get for the card in the first and second year, and also wind up with 750 nights plus $1,270,000 points (assuming all spending is via MS or your business or whatever... no bonus points for Marriott spending), but that still leaves you short of the LT Platinum requirement by 730K points.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:42 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by mooper
Getting LT Plat nights in just over a year and for ~$2K is easy. Even if you have 0, you can get the 750 needed by getting the Chase Marriott card and hosting 39 $50 meetings.

Considering the annual CC fee that will kick in for the second year and assuming your meetings were $50/each, that's about $2K in cost.

Points are another matter. You could spend $1,270,000 on the CC to get those same 390 nights, plus the ones you get for the card in the first and second year, and also wind up with 750 nights plus $1,270,000 points (assuming all spending is via MS or your business or whatever... no bonus points for Marriott spending), but that still leaves you short of the LT Platinum requirement by 730K points.
Technically, you are not supposed to get the 10 EQN if the meeting included no booked rooms. Read the term fully. That it works is an error.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:45 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

I wouldn't count on the 10 EQN being a given. The T&C state that the meeting must result in 10 nights booked, although some people are still having success with individual hotels providing the nights.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I wouldn't count on the 10 EQN being a given. The T&C state that the meeting must result in 10 nights booked, although some people are still having success with individual hotels providing the nights.
There are two different programs. One is credit for nights booked (with the guest and travel planner both getting credit) and the other for meetings. Yes, it's confusing, but they are different and proper planning can cause it to happen.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:59 am
NDN

Originally Posted by RogerD408
There are two different programs. One is credit for nights booked (with the guest and travel planner both getting credit) and the other for meetings. Yes, it's confusing, but they are different and proper planning can cause it to happen.
I read the terms fully. It actually says meeting with 10 nights booked, but perhaps there is another one?

How about this part:

A signed group or catering contract with the hotel sales department is required and must include the Member’s Rewards Program Membership Number.

Last edited by NDN; Jan 27, 2015 at 9:06 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by NDN
I read the terms fully. It actually says meeting with 10 nights booked:
Yes, that is ONE of the two programs. A post earlier this month in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24114214-post872.html shows no rooms needed.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
But why???

I'm not asking to be flippant, but why would anyone wast $2k for LTP? If you aren't staying in Marriott enough to be Plat, how and why would LTP be worth $2k? What would be the point?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJKatl
But why???

I'm not asking to be flippant, but why would anyone wast $2k for LTP? If you aren't staying in Marriott enough to be Plat, how and why would LTP be worth $2k? What would be the point?
... because you can?

Making sense out of what an FT'er will do will only frustrate you! hehehe

I know what I have done does! WHY?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:15 am
NDN

... because you can?

Because you can expense the meetings maybe as legit? It could be used to supplement to get platinum and help out on lifetime platinum
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
... because you can?

It doesn't frustrate me in the least. Rather, I'm curious why anyone would want to do this. I really want to know, because I'm not seeing it. LTP gives not additional benefit above Plat. If someone isn't staying at properties enough to warrant being Plat, I'm not seeing what benefit would be worth $2k that would cause someone to pay for LTP. It seems easier and cheaper to just purchase Concierge access. The additional points don't seem to warrant this, as if you aren't staying enough to collect meaningful bonus points.

Again, I'm not frustrated, but curious. Maybe you're seeing something I'm not. If you share that, I can learn and possibly benefit under similar circumstances in the future. Rather than being frustrated, I'm looking to possibly learn something new that can only be seen from a different vantage point.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:46 pm

I know this is hypothetical but I would check the rollover thread, don't think you'll get any rollover nights in this instance.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It doesn't frustrate me in the least. Rather, I'm curious why anyone would want to do this. I really want to know, because I'm not seeing it. LTP gives not additional benefit above Plat. If someone isn't staying at properties enough to warrant being Plat, I'm not seeing what benefit would be worth $2k that would cause someone to pay for LTP. It seems easier and cheaper to just purchase Concierge access. The additional points don't seem to warrant this, as if you aren't staying enough to collect meaningful bonus points.

Again, I'm not frustrated, but curious. Maybe you're seeing something I'm not. If you share that, I can learn and possibly benefit under similar circumstances in the future. Rather than being frustrated, I'm looking to possibly learn something new that can only be seen from a different vantage point.
To put it more directly: Glory hounds. Just like some people will put more money into their cars than their homes since more people will see them in the car. Give something a title (LTP) and assign some sort of price (500 nights, etc.) and people will go for it. Just start a line anywhere and see how many people will queue up just because it's there. I believe Candid Camera did something like that ages ago (for those that remember the show).
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle

Maybe this person is looking to stop traveling for work, but would still like Platinum treatment for the rest of their life. So LTP is great for that.

I would like to achieve LTP one day because knowing that I will always be platinum is nice. One day I will get off the road so having that status for whenever I take a vacation is a big plus.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by NDN
Technically, you are not supposed to get the 10 EQN if the meeting included no booked rooms. Read the term fully. That it works is an error.
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Terms require a contract (though you can risk it and usually get away without having one), but they do not require booked nights. See this brochure (right hand side says nothing about rooms being required) and the second to last point on this page (says a meeting is needed... the rooms just get additional points or miles). In short, you need rooms to earn the points/miles, but you don't need rooms to get the EQNs.

Originally Posted by nova08
I know this is hypothetical but I would check the rollover thread, don't think you'll get any rollover nights in this instance.
EQNs from all sources count. Assuming you didn't have status when you started, every night past 0 would roll over.

...why would anyone wast $2k for LTP? If you aren't staying in Marriott enough to be Plat, how and why would LTP be worth $2k? What would be the point?
If you're never (or rarely) going to stay, then a great point. But for someone who will stay a few or maybe even a couple dozen times per year and wants all the top perks without having to worry about the qualifications to renew status ever again, it is a wonderful thing. A fitting example would be someone who once stayed often (for work, etc.), didn't reach LT status, and is now planning to decrease but not cease their stay frequency.

Originally Posted by alrvd83
Maybe this person is looking to stop traveling for work, but would still like Platinum treatment for the rest of their life. So LTP is great for that.
Exactly.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...EQNs from all sources count. Assuming you didn't have status when you started, every night past 0 would roll over.
Actually it's status by the end of the year that counts. So someone earning 75 nights the first year in the program would get zero rollover nights.

I think they hired people to come up with the rules just to confuse not only us but themselves as well. Many MR people get the formula wrong too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.