Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
I have the opposite problem of most people:

Lifetime Status
Nights: 147
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:55 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I am at 854 nights and 1,253,906 points. I have the CC but only use it
at Marriott properties. I'm going to have to work on the Feb 2015 Megabonus, missed the last two, but completed the two prior. I felt it was more important to keep my Hilton Diamond status going the latter part of 2014, but Hiltonhonors keeps backsliding, so for 2015 I will focus on Marriott. My goal is to bump it from lifetime silver to lifetime platinum by using the card a lot more.

-outoftown, going to ANU tomorrow on vacation! Woo Hoo!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by outoftown
I am at 854 nights and 1,253,906 points. I have the CC but only use it at Marriott properties. I'm going to have to work on the Feb 2015 Megabonus, missed the last two, but completed the two prior. I felt it was more important to keep my Hilton Diamond status going the latter part of 2014, but Hiltonhonors keeps backsliding, so for 2015 I will focus on Marriott. My goal is to bump it from lifetime silver to lifetime platinum by using the card a lot more.
Your LT points seem low relative to your LT nights. Do you stay at a lot of inexpensive CY/FFI properties or on low corporate rates? If so, that'll make it a slower process to get to 2.0M LT points even if you do start using the credit card more frequently and hit the MegaBonuses occasionally. When I was traveling more frequently and paying street price at hotels I estimated I was earning upwards of 300k MR points annually including the credit card and promotions.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Your LT points seem low relative to your LT nights. Do you stay at a lot of inexpensive CY/FFI properties or on low corporate rates? If so, that'll make it a slower process to get to 2.0M LT points even if you do start using the credit card more frequently and hit the MegaBonuses occasionally. When I was traveling more frequently and paying street price at hotels I estimated I was earning upwards of 300k MR points annually including the credit card and promotions.
A couple of big rollover years could be the reason. It took me more than 1100 nights to reach 2M points. I had a couple of years with ~100 night rollovers.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Ugh so close

Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Amateurs...

Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Amateurs...

This is quite impressive
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Amateurs...

How many years did it take you to achieve this?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by sammyindc
How many years did it take you to achieve this?
About 20 but some years I had status with other brands due to corporate contract requirements, meetings requiring a specific hotel, etc. My Delta lifetime miles are almost as high... ~8 Million.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
Next week, the big 1000

997 nights. Next week, I hit 1000.

Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Balancing points with nights

The optimal ratio is 2,666⅔ Marriott Rewards Points per night, to achieve lifetime Platinum on target.

Of course, that would mean one earns lifetime Silver and lifetime Gold "late" in terms of nights, but reduces superfluous point accumulation.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
The optimal ratio is 2,666⅔ Marriott Rewards Points per night, to achieve lifetime Platinum on target.

Of course, that would mean one earns lifetime Silver and lifetime Gold "late" in terms of nights, but reduces superfluous point accumulation.
That would also assume exactly 75 nights per year, with no rollover nights, since rollover nights have no points associated with them.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
superfluous point accumulation
Huh. Them "superfluous" points have done very well by me, all over the world.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[If that were really true, which as pointed above it's not quite unless you earn exactly 75 nights each year, no matter many you actually stay:]

Which means that if every one of your nights is during a MegaBonus maxed out (but not gone beyond) a typical 50k for 25 nights (ie 2000 points per night from MegaBonus alone), you only need 666⅔ points before the MegaBonus, which means as a Platinum not using a Mariott credit card your room rate should be $44.44 at most properties, or $88.88 at extended stay brands like RI.

Good luck finding a $44.44 room rate consistently at Marriott properties, even with LNF.

But there goes the theory that you have to have paying high room rates to achieve lifetime status. If you can time your stays at Marriott to coincide with MegaBonus, and you always get or switch to a MegaBonus that works out 2000 bonus points per night, your room rates can be pretty low indeed, even at 5-pooints-per-dollar brands.

But if most or all of your stays don't earn any bonus, you need $177.78/night at most brands, and $355.56/night at extended stay brands like RI!

So as you can see, if you're staying at lower-priced properties and/or extended stay brands like RI, the key to getting to lifetime status is try to get maximum mileage out of Marriott bonuses. Without those bonuses, it's hard work unless your stays are not so cheap.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Took me 4 years to get LP can't imagine if I did this routine for 20 plus years. Probably die in a Marriott at that rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.