Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:13 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I was told yesterday (and was smart enough to get it in writing) that I would be renewed for PLT Premier even though I only had 88 nights last year.

I think that given how horrendous the economy was last year, that it will be very difficult for Marriott to justify demoting anyone at this time.

It simply would not be good business at all.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Don't I wish that we could take that to the bank! If Marriott were following best business practices for the 900 pound gorilla in the hotel business that Marriott is, they would not be cutting any benefits or services in a bad economy, they would be adding benefits and services in a bad economy, and marketing the heck out of those added benefits and services, because that is business 101 for adding market share when your weaker competition is not able to. The last couple of years would have been the perfect time for Marriott to increase Concierge Lounge service to 7 days, mornings and evenings across their full service brands to increase elite loyalty and business traveler bookings, but what did Marriott do? They went the other way, decreasing service in the CL's in some hotels to breakfast only, and eliminating CL's in some of their hotels entirely. Marriott totally missed the boat on that one, and in the process, for those of us who have been reading FT intently, we have seen ELITE FLIGHT from Marriott to Starwood, Hilton, and Hyatt, who have NOT CUT, but who have maintained or even added services and benefits in the poor economy.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:17 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by USirritated
...we have seen ELITE FLIGHT from Marriott to Starwood, Hilton, and Hyatt, who have NOT CUT, but who have maintained or even added services and benefits in the poor economy.
Your saying that Hilton is "adding" services and benefits? I thought Hilton has been trying to get the award for most devaluation of a program in the shortest period of time. Also, check out the recent SPG/Hyatt thread in the SPG forum plus there has been a few "what does Plat get us anymore" type threads in SPG recently. Heck, they've pretty much gutted most lounges out of Westins and made sure NOT to add them to their other brands (Sheratons maybe the exception to that.) So I'm not sure that a lot of people are saying SPG has been "adding" benes either.

So I'm not sure that Marriott is the only one "reducing" benefits in this current "bad economy".

Though I don't necessarily argue that your stated approach might very well get more business moving their way. I'm just not sure that all the other hotel chains are using your approach either.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I said adding or maintaining. As far as I know, Hilton has been maintaining, and Hyatt has been adding benefits.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Yahoo....

Finally hit Lifetime Platinum at Marriott....

Am now Lifetime Platinum at American Airlines and Marrriott.

My sincere Congratulations to all who have made it to Marriott Lifetime Platinum - it is a huge accomplishment.

I can finally rest at home..
Time to update your handle then.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:26 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I said adding or maintaining. As far as I know, Hilton has been maintaining...
You might want to check out the Official Post from Hilton HHonors, 2010 Hotel Category and Point Redemption Changes thread.

Also check out Consequence of HHONORS Devaluation: Commitments to Take our Business Elsewhere

Last edited by hhoope01; Jan 13, 2010 at 11:31 am
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Okay Moman, point taken, however, that is not what Marriott does, as per the conversations which I have had with them. They admit to having the history available to them, and can tally it up by hand, going year by yeara, and do so on occasion for research purposes, as I have asked them to do in my call on Monday, 1/11/2010. What they do is keep the history, and can look at it year by year, as the rep I was speaking with offered to do, if I wished to stay on the phone with her while she added it up laboriously, tediously, and wearily. Again, what amazes me is that they do not keep a simple running total, year by year, on a list, even if it is on a separate screen it would be better than what they have now. The rep I was speaking with was able to point out to me that I was not Plat for the entire 16 years since I first became Plat in 1995, which is true, and she was able to point out that I only had 46 nights for 2008, after counting it up, which is true since I was in the hospital 13 separate times in 2008 and had to restrict my travel (they kept me at Plat as a courtesy), and looked at one other year when I was low on nights and added that up too (I think it was 2003, which was low due to SARS), etc. The way Marriott does it simply does not make sense and is needlessly labor intensive.
My guess is that it is IT system driven. They'll pull up the current year score by looking up every stay that's recorded in a database. That database probably has stay by stay totals only going back a few years after which they'll have another file with yearly totals that's been ported across from a legacy system.

It'll cost them quite a lot to write a script to interrogate both systems and come up with a rigorously correct consolidated total so they do it by hand.

Sounds daft, but my experience of doing similar things with other IT systems is that it can be inordinately expensive to do these sorts of calculations.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:28 am

Every frequent program is devaluing points/miles, from Marriott to Hilton to Delta to American, but we were specifically speaking about benefits and services, which are entirely different than earning points/miles.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by thegoderic
My guess is that it is IT system driven. They'll pull up the current year score by looking up every stay that's recorded in a database. That database probably has stay by stay totals only going back a few years after which they'll have another file with yearly totals that's been ported across from a legacy system.

It'll cost them quite a lot to write a script to interrogate both systems and come up with a rigorously correct consolidated total so they do it by hand.

Sounds daft, but my experience of doing similar things with other IT systems is that it can be inordinately expensive to do these sorts of calculations.
Yes, I agree, but that is short term smart, long term stupid, because they will pay for it many times over in labor costs for the hours their reps will spend researching this type of question over the phone, etc.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like this move. Points are where I lack.

I just called (My last totals were from 2008):

As of 2010
731 nights
1.156 million points

12 years in 2012.

I probably won't hit 1000 nights until 2013 if my travel stays the same. I'll probably still be short on points. I need to start using my Marriott card.

these visa only bonuses are killing me since most of my travel is work and we are now amex only
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
The way Marriott does it simply does not make sense and is needlessly labor intensive.
Here's my view, also as an IT professional. It makes no sense to pre-build screens, which involve collecting requirements, designing UI's, developing html, coding javascript, coding pojo/beans, testing, bug fixing, regression tersting, performance testing, training, converting, etc., etc for every possible need that anyone can ever think of. That's what ad hoc query tools are for. I suspect that they receive very, very few requests for counts of stays by year going back many years. Why would anyone need to know that except in this specific scenario?

I'd be interested in knowing my stays, aggregated into monthly buckets, over the past 10 years to analyze my seasonal stay patterns. They're not going to build an app screen for that just because I would like the data. Again, ad hoc query tools are the proper tool for limited use, unique inquiries.

It may be labor intensive when the 10 people per year call to ask, but 15 minutes for 10 people at $8/hr CSR vs. the app dev costs (my current project is about $60-80K for a single screen/program of moderate complexity, full lifecycle) is a smart business decision. Even the cost of annoying a small percentage of those customers with a perceived customer service delay doesn't make up for tens of thousands of dollars.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by annerj
As of 2010
731 nights
1.156 million points
Wow, I thought my 2000 pts/night was low (Amex requirement here too). You must be averaging <$100/night.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
As of Jan 7, 2010

11 years
811 nights
1,689,468 points

American Express required card for a number of years
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
Here's my view, also as an IT professional. It makes no sense to pre-build screens, which involve collecting requirements, designing UI's, developing html, coding javascript, coding pojo/beans, testing, bug fixing, regression tersting, performance testing, training, converting, etc., etc for every possible need that anyone can ever think of. That's what ad hoc query tools are for. I suspect that they receive very, very few requests for counts of stays by year going back many years. Why would anyone need to know that except in this specific scenario?

I'd be interested in knowing my stays, aggregated into monthly buckets, over the past 10 years to analyze my seasonal stay patterns. They're not going to build an app screen for that just because I would like the data. Again, ad hoc query tools are the proper tool for limited use, unique inquiries.

It may be labor intensive when the 10 people per year call to ask, but 15 minutes for 10 people at $8/hr CSR vs. the app dev costs (my current project is about $60-80K for a single screen/program of moderate complexity, full lifecycle) is a smart business decision. Even the cost of annoying a small percentage of those customers with a perceived customer service delay doesn't make up for tens of thousands of dollars.
I have one phrase for you.........CRM SOFTWARE
Marriott does not have to build or reinvent the wheel, I am sure some CRM SOFTWARE provider has already designed exactly what is needed for the task, eazy, peazy, japaneazy.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have one phrase for you.........CRM SOFTWARE
Marriott does not have to build or reinvent the wheel, I am sure some CRM SOFTWARE provider has already designed exactly what is needed for the task, eazy, peazy, japaneazy.
Hmm, I'll check my Siebel manuals when I get in to work, as that's what I'm busy implementing. I don't seem to recall a "show hotel stays by year over history" in the OOB configuration, maybe I missed it. I know how to develop it, at the price mentioned, and know exactly the questions I'd ask (see above) to determine the financial sense it would make. I've already noted my professional opinion, FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.