Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by calitequilasippergirl
IF this is true, it's new this year. I received my lifetime platinum card and my annual card (Platinum Premier) last year
Yes, some have reported getting them many have not. MR seems very inconsistent in this. I hope it changes sooner than later.

And for <self redacted>'s sake, I did run this post through spell checker.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Motorskills
Where can I find my cumulative points and nights total?

(All I think I can see on Account is my current balance).
If you look at your account summary you will lifetime nights. Lifetime points is still missing, hopefully soon. eMail or call MR for lifetime points.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
My father just hit LT Platinum last week. He had way more trouble with the nights than with the points; he's got about 600K points in his account right now.

I hope he gets the LT Plat balloons when we go to Toronto in a few weeks; they can double as birthday balloons for me.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by CPRich
Requests for on-line points access have been made and are in the works.
That will be most welcome, finally!
Originally Posted by RogerD408
If you look at your account summary you will lifetime nights. Lifetime points is still missing, hopefully soon. eMail or call MR for lifetime points.
Being able to see on profiles cannot come fast enough!

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, some have reported getting them many have not. MR seems very inconsistent in this. I hope it changes sooner than later.

And for <self redacted>'s sake, I did run this post through spell checker.
^

Originally Posted by longwaybackhome
My father just hit LT Platinum last week. He had way more trouble with the nights than with the points; he's got about 600K points in his account right now.

I hope he gets the LT Plat balloons when we go to Toronto in a few weeks; they can double as birthday balloons for me.
I hope that you realize, the balloon post a while back, which I responded to, was a joke. Marriott does not have balloons and celebrations set up for people checking in and becoming LT with that stay do not happen. Some hotels do notice and might give you a restaurant coupon, which I have gotten twice, for making 75 nights at that hotel when the manager was checking me in, and commented that it was noteworthy, and the hotel was honored I made my Plat quote while at their hotel. I was so surprised, you could have knocked me over with a feather!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I was hoping to make Premier Platinum with my 197 nights last year but no luck. I did hit Lifetime Plat. My latest card has a date on it but I am thinking they sent it well before my lifetime hit.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by repcool
I was hoping to make Premier Platinum with my 197 nights last year but no luck. I did hit Lifetime Plat. My latest card has a date on it but I am thinking they sent it well before my lifetime hit.
How do you know? Did you call MR and ask whether you are being invited into an unpublished tier?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How do you know? Did you call MR and ask whether you are being invited into an unpublished tier?
your "home" page with Marriott will tell you when
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by edgewood49
your "home" page with Marriott will tell you when
Yes, it will tell you when you have made PP, but if you are already Plat and still see Plat, how do you know whether no decision has been made yet, the website hasn't been updated, or MR has decided not to make you PP this year? If rollover nights haven't yet been done, PP levels might not yet be reflected on the website either.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
It is still too early to know if you will be PP yet. They don't decide until later in January to allow missed stays to post. They use some unknown mix of criteria to pick people.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by repcool
PP is not night based. It's the top 2-3% using some super-secret formula MR does not disclose. They can choose to make the appointment at any time, but most likely about now as they are reviewing accounts.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by VA1379
It is still too early to know if you will be PP yet. They don't decide until later in January to allow missed stays to post. They use some unknown mix of criteria to pick people.
Not true, I've called the PP line and they confirmed my PP status renewal for the next year.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by PHLphan
Not true, I've called the PP line and they confirmed my PP status renewal for the next year.
So, let me double check with you about this. You are sure, with no doubts whatsoever, that Marriott makes decisions about all of the PP members in the entire MR program, worldwide, on the very same day, correct? There are thousands of PP members, but because you called about you, that not only did you speak with a MR authority on PP, who was not playing TELEPHONE ROULETTE with you, that all of the PP evaluations were also prepared/completed on that same day, is that right? Oh, and before you answer, you should know, there are people at MR who do not know about Lifetime elite status. So you are sure that whomever you spoke with actually understands what Platinum Premiere is?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This method makes me a bit nervous in that if MR were to increase the requirements for lifetime status before one drops status levels enough to need the lifetime level, one would have no real proof of having actually been awarded the lifetime status. At that point, MR could say that one hasn't met the current requirements for lifetime status, so you don't have it and never really did.
I seriously doubt that after lowering the requirements for the first time, Marriott's going to turn around & increase them shortly afterwards.

And if you've already qualified for LT it's in the system re: if you're a higher level on a yearly basis. It doesn't disappear.

Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This method makes me a bit nervous in that if MR were to increase the requirements for lifetime status before one drops status levels enough to need the lifetime level, one would have no real proof of having actually been awarded the lifetime status. At that point, MR could say that one hasn't met the current requirements for lifetime status, so you don't have it and never really did.
If I was so nervous about a vendor making unannounced changes (which is in the T&Cs for MR) that negated my benefits, I'd be taking my business somewhere else pretty quick. MR has pulled the rug on some features and will do it again, I'm sure. It's my bet that it will be awhile before MR tries to pull something like bumping the requirements after just lowering them.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
....snip....

AFAIK, Marriott has not increased the LT requirements, however, Marriott has two or three times relaxed or decreased the LT requirements. However, this recent decrease is evidently the first time that Marriott has put their LT requirements in writing.

IMHO, I kind of doubt that Marriott would increase requirements after consecutive decreases in requirements, at least not unless Hilton, SPG, Hyatt, etc. were to increase their LT requirements to numbers high enough that Marriott is conspicuous in how low its requirements are in comparison.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I seriously doubt that after lowering the requirements for the first time, Marriott's going to turn around & increase them shortly afterwards.

And if you've already qualified for LT it's in the system re: if you're a higher level on a yearly basis. It doesn't disappear.

Cheers.
Sharon, please note, the LT requirements were not lowered for the first time two weeks ago, it was at least the second time for lowering the requirements, and it may have been the third time that requirements were lowered. Does anyone else know whether it was second or third time reducing requirements for LT status? Please see above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.