Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So is this a done deal starting 1/1?

I have over 800 nights with MR. I'm already LT Gold, I have over 1.6M points obviously but < 2M. I also have the tenure down as well including years as Plat.

So now, I get to benefit assuming I can earn the points required. While It won't be easy or quick, its now pretty doable for me, or at least a lot faster than it was the current way.

What this has done is to make me a Full Time MR guy once again starting right now. I'm bailing on SPG (but I want to make it clear, they did not push me away, MR pulled me back) and Hyatt (they pushed me away). I know with my stay pattern the next year or two plus my CC useage, I am pretty confident I can 1. earn Plat back this coming year (13) and 2. earn LT plat in 2-3 years.

I would not have even tried had they not made this switch. I would have stayed at SPG and lived off my LT Gold with MR.

Anyone else in a similar boat as me concerning this LT plat and moving your stays back to MR?
I'm in a similar situation statistically, with slightly over 900 nights and 1.7 million points, already a LT Gold and an annual Plat.

I've not moved to another program (although I am annual Gold with SPG and nearly LT there, too, and annual Gold with HHonors) but because of my travel patterns do rack up nights and annual status in the three programs.

For me, personally, I think I would have made 1000 nights about the same time I made the 2 million points anyway, and maybe even a bit earlier, so the limiting factor in my case is still the 2 million points. Accordingly, the change does nothing for me.

I'll just keep plugging away at getting there. Only change might be to charge more restaurant meals on my Marriott Rewards VISA to speed up the point accumulation.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I have plenty of nights, but will be short of points.

I usually stay at government rate, and also have lots of long term stays at Residence Inns.

I do have the MR credit card, which helps.

Do purchased points (50k/year max) and transferred points (Chase Ultimate Rewards) count towards lifetime Marriott points total?

thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Do purchased points (50k/year max) and transferred points (Chase Ultimate Rewards) count towards lifetime Marriott points total?
yes
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I'm happy to say that my 823 nights and 2.3 million lifetime points at last gives me Platinum Emeritus status.

At this point, with the reduction of the # of nights needed, is it like backing into a baseball/football playoff spot??
Old Dec 28, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by NJTraveler
I'm happy to say that my 823 nights and 2.3 million lifetime points at last gives me Platinum Emeritus status.

At this point, with the reduction of the # of nights needed, is it like backing into a baseball/football playoff spot??
I don't think that you, or anyone, would want to be Platinum Emeritus, because Emeritus means "one retired from professional life but permitted to retain as an honorary title the rank of the last office held," and I think we all want something more than honorary Plat status!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Funny thing happened yesterday...

I called MR about something unrelated to lifetime status, but at the end of the call, having not discussed anything to do with lifetime status up to that point, the very helpful agent said, "I can tell you your lifetime points balance if you would like." Apparently, they have be inundated with calls asking for this.

1,998,600, BTW. Once the points that I was asking about post, I'll be across the 2m line. Now I just need four more stays, which will happen the first full week in January.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:33 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Question

My hunch is Marriott experts are looking forward to the changes in the coming and recent economy and are preparing for changes in the hotels utilization!
Can't blame them!

The restructuring in many businesse and our government are major!

Last edited by R&R; Dec 29, 2012 at 2:45 am
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by USirritated
I don't think that you, or anyone, would want to be Platinum Emeritus, because Emeritus means "one retired from professional life but permitted to retain as an honorary title the rank of the last office held," and I think we all want something more than honorary Plat status!
Give me all the benefits of Platinum status forever without actually having to do the work of staying 75 nights per year?

I'll gladly take that. YMMV, I guess.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by CPRich
Give me all the benefits of Platinum status forever without actually having to do the work of staying 75 nights per year?

I'll gladly take that. YMMV, I guess.
Not what I meant, I should have bolded HONORARY, meaning an honorary title WITHOUT the benefits, what EMERITUS would mean in that context.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Not what I meant, I should have bolded HONORARY, meaning an honorary title WITHOUT the benefits, what EMERITUS would mean in that context.
does it really make a difference?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
does it really make a difference?
Depends on how you look at it. For those who are unaware of LT status, yes, it could confuse them.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Depends on how you look at it. For those who are unaware of LT status, yes, it could confuse them.
I could see someone saying that it's a recognition of loyalty and a heck of a lot of room nights, ( I have 3190) and while I am still in Premier status this coming year I think I will be slowing down and then take the LT status. I am told that the card reads a far out date or expiration.

On the other hand status is status and I for one appreciate Marriott's efforts to give us something for all those nights!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I could see someone saying that it's a recognition of loyalty and a heck of a lot of room nights, ( I have 3190) and while I am still in Premier status this coming year I think I will be slowing down and then take the LT status. I am told that the card reads a far out date or expiration.

On the other hand status is status and I for one appreciate Marriott's efforts to give us something for all those nights!
3,190 is huge, over how many years did you accumulate so many nights?

Have you noticed a difference in how you are treated as a PP over what Plats are treated?

I wonder if they have a LT PP status? Since PP is basically a non-published status, it would make you wonder if they also have a LT PP status which is unpublished.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Have you noticed a difference in how you are treated as a PP over what Plats are treated?

I wonder if they have a LT PP status? Since PP is basically a non-published status, it would make you wonder if they also have a LT PP status which is unpublished.
If you do a search, you'll find some threads where most PPs report that there's little difference between reg Plat & PP in terms of treatment (or the FDCs even knowing there's a separate PP category). Also, Marriott discontinued some of the PP bennies this year, further flattening the difference between the 2 categories. So not sure, if a LT PP category actually existed, that it would be worth much.

Cheers.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you do a search, you'll find some threads where most PPs report that there's little difference between reg Plat & PP in terms of treatment (or the FDCs even knowing there's a separate PP category). Also, Marriott discontinued some of the PP bennies this year, further flattening the difference between the 2 categories. So not sure, if a LT PP category actually existed, that it would be worth much.

Cheers.
Actually, I have read several of those threads, and recall reading some posts where PP's mentioned little or no difference, and some posts where PP's said they did get better treatment, and with 3,190 nights, of course that is major big loyalty, and considering some of the comments I have received from desk clerks about my stay frequency (positive comments) and loyalty in years past, I wonder whether that huge number of nights would provoke a greater reaction from some of the people checking edgewood49 in.

Also, I was not aware that some PP benefits were taken away this year, does ANYONE know what benefits were actually removed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.