Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 18, 6:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FindAWay
Wiki Link
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Dec 19, 12, 12:55 pm

Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Originally Posted by GrizShel View Post
Are you referring to the rollover nights double-counting for both the year they were earned in and in the next year they are rolled over to in terms of lifetime night credits?
If so, under what circumstances do they still double-count? Two years ago I had 150 nights, 75 rolled over, and I stayed an additional 75 nights last year. All 75 of those rollover nights were dropped off from my account this year and they did not add to my lifetime total (but the rollover nights did double-count for lifetime status 2 years ago, but I thought that was a one-time exception sort of thing).
Even this year, rollover night counted again towards lifetime totals. (The one-time exception was rollover nights rolling over again.)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I would think that with this reduction in requirement they may stop the rollover program... pure speculation of course.

Decided to check with MR on my status. I was coming up on the lifetime gold level and would probably get to lifetime plat in another couple years.
To date, your Marriott Rewards account reflects 11 years as a member, 781 lifetime Elite nights, and 1,943,251 total points accumulated.

In my case, the change will certainly help since I'll now qualify for lifetime plat, even though I think there should still be a program member duration requirement, and I also think it is a little low on the nights requirement for the lifetime plat level. 300/600/900 may be more appropriate for s/g/p.

Last edited by rylan; Dec 19, 12 at 1:12 pm
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by rylan View Post
I would think that with this reduction in requirement they may stop the rollover program... pure speculation of course.

Decided to check with MR on my status. I was coming up on the lifetime gold level and would probably get to lifetime plat in another couple years.
To date, your Marriott Rewards account reflects 11 years as a member, 781 lifetime Elite nights, and 1,943,251 total points accumulated.

In my case, the change will certainly help since I'll now qualify for lifetime plat, even though I think there should still be a program member duration requirement, and I also think it is a little low on the nights requirement for the lifetime plat level. 300/600/900 may be more appropriate for s/g/p.
It's already been announced in the past few days that roll over nights are becoming a permanent "feature".
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by oxfordjames View Post
It's already been announced in the past few days that roll over nights are becoming a permanent "feature".
Forgive me for asking, but when and where was this announced?
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated View Post
Forgive me for asking, but when and where was this announced?
It's was announced by Michellel over on insiders on Monday, buried in the thread about rollover nights.

Hi everyone! Here is some new copy that is about to hit the newswires. We are making the benefit PERMANENT (yahoo!) and will use this thread as the foundation for new FAQs that will be available right after the first of the year.

• NEW Elite Rollover Nights now applies every year.

Any nights you earn above 75 count toward next year’s status.
Learn more at MarriottRewards.com/rollover.
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
It's was announced by Michellel over on insiders on Monday, buried in the thread about rollover nights.
That's great, thank you.
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Angry

It's too bad the link doesn't work... MR at it's best I guess.
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
"Hi everyone! Here is some new copy that is about to hit the newswires"

I think all of these changes have been referenced for wide publication on December 20, isn't that also true?
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:43 pm

for new FAQs that will be available right after the first of the year.
Old Dec 19, 12, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by USirritated View Post
"Hi everyone! Here is some new copy that is about to hit the newswires"

I think all of these changes have been referenced for wide publication on December 20, isn't that also true?
I have no clue. I choose to not subscribe to Marriott Insider and feel angry MR is no longer feeding such items to FT theselves. But instead they built their own board apparently so they can better control what is posted. I do appreciate those that cross post, but wish they would include the link for those that wish to do further research, especially when the OP is lacking any detail like this one.

But there is still no excuse for any posted link/address, in MI or FT, to not be valid!
Old Dec 19, 12, 2:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I have no clue. I choose to not subscribe to Marriott Insider and feel angry MR is no longer feeding such items to FT theselves. But instead they built their own board apparently so they can better control what is posted. I do appreciate those that cross post, but wish they would include the link for those that wish to do further research, especially when the OP is lacking any detail like this one.

But there is still no excuse for any posted link/address, in MI or FT, to not be valid!
The marriottrewards.com address takes you to Marriott's reservation website. Not sure when the MR.com site will go live, but it would be nice if Michellel would make sure the links work before posting them.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Dec 19, 12, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Plat, DL Plat somehow, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer View Post
Even this year, rollover night counted again towards lifetime totals. (The one-time exception was rollover nights rolling over again.)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Which makes sense I think for lifetime nights as that would be a very generous policy to continue. It's a little unfortunate though for those rollover nights in effect to have no benefit on status requalification whatsoever if you stay 75 nights the next year - they disappear without ever being used. However, as MR has explained to me, they have an unpublished policy of taking all of those past extra nights into account and often comp-ing members Plat status in future years where they fall short - so I guess unofficially those extra nights do still have a potential future benefit.
Old Dec 19, 12, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Interesting that so many see a greater number of LT Gold or Plat as an issue.

Quite honestly, I am not sure one will notice the difference in the CL's. If you ARE a Plat or Gold you would already be there, and once you drop below the nights required...you won't be around enough to crowd the lounge, even with your new LT designation.

As far as those who have already gained it resenting the change - I have had it for several years, and I could care the least if you get it too. It's Marriott's program, this is only one of many changes I have experienced in it. If one's life is so charmed resentment can be directed at a Loyalty program, you are one lucky person.

It does seem rather generous on Marriott's part. I hope it is the holiday spirit and not a portent of things to come...like elimination of rollover nights, credit card nights, or a reduction in earnable points, etc.
Old Dec 19, 12, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GrizShel View Post
Are you referring to the rollover nights double-counting for both the year they were earned in and in the next year they are rolled over to in terms of lifetime night credits?
If so, under what circumstances do they still double-count? Two years ago I had 150 nights, 75 rolled over, and I stayed an additional 75 nights last year. All 75 of those rollover nights were dropped off from my account this year and they did not add to my lifetime total (but the rollover nights did double-count for lifetime status 2 years ago, but I thought that was a one-time exception sort of thing).
When I last asked, which IIRC would have been spring/summer 2012, my lifetime nights number surely included a bunch of rollover nights. When I looked at my account yesterday, the number displayed for my elite nights this year includes rollover nights from last year. I assume that lifetime nights (for Marriott lifetime status) must be the sum of these for individual years.
Old Dec 19, 12, 6:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM; UA Silver, Marriott LT Plat Premier, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I was thinking about cancelling the card as I no longer travel for work (have a stupid Marriott TS - but I digress). With now only about 160 nights short of LT Plat, I guess I will keep the card as I figure the 15 nights credit + the 7 nights for TS stay, I should be at LT plat within 5/6 years assuming nothing changes.

On a different note, am I the only one who has never gotten any rollover night credit?

Last edited by jamflyer; Dec 19, 12 at 6:25 pm

Search this Thread