Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by CPRich
I guess I found the real answer. According to Customer Service in Feb I had 599 nights and 1.28M points. According to Customer Service today I have 598 nights and 1.42M points.

So it wasn't good corporate rates, or bonuses, or lack of a MR credit card - it was bad data.
And now it's 753 nights and 1.68M points. So I lost 1 night in 9 months, then added 155 nights in 13 months, even though I only actually stayed 75 nights last year. Maybe I should just stop asking.

Last edited by CPRich; Jan 3, 2010 at 10:56 am
Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:23 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Why isn't this on the Web Site?

Wonder why Marriott doesn't just put in on the Rewards Site.
On the airlines, I can see both current year and lifetime.

Seem to me that seeing how many nights I have stayed would encourage me to stay more.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps because it's supposedly only updated once a year. Though changing that certainly can't be that hard, and SPG now has lifetime totals posted.

Maybe if we continue asking, on a regular basis, they'll get the hint that it's important data. Of course, it may be only the single digit percentage of customers that are FT members that actually consider it important.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
My guess is that 90 % of Marriott customers don't even know that lifetime elite status exists at Marriott. They have given it away on a few occasions when MR has hit membership or anniversary milestones, but there is nothing written on marriott.com about emeritus status at Marriott. This is unlike UA's MP program where it is clear that million mile BIS milestones have certain perks.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
The lifetime requirements were changed this week to reduce the points threshold for Marriott Lifetime status. The change has been discussed on the MarriottRewardsInsiders.com forum by members and confirmed by Marriott Rewards representative Andrew. (No link here since you must be registered to read the MarriottRewardsInsiders website).

Years membership (12 or more)and qualifying nights are unchanged. Only the lifetime points threshold has been reduced.

You must achieve all three criteria levels for lifetime membership.

1) At least 12 years Marriott Rewards membership and achieved Silver, Gold, or Platinum elite status for one or more years.
(You can't earn lifetime platinum unless you have earned platinum elite membership at least one year in your Marriott Rewards membership. Same for Gold and Silver.)

2) Stayed at least 600 nights (Silver); 800 nights (Gold); 1,000 nights (Platinum).

3) Earned at least 1.2 million points (Silver); 1.6 million (Gold); or 2.0 million (Platinum).

Lifetime Points Threshold has been reduced. The old numbers were 1.5 million (Silver); 2.0 million (Gold); and 3.0 million points (Platinum).

Last edited by satori; Jan 8, 2010 at 10:29 am Reason: Add 12 years membership rule
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I sent an email yesterday asking for my lifetime totals, and I got back a reply that included the old point requirements for lifetime status. The new requirements are supposed to take effect in mid-January.

Last edited by VA1379; Jan 8, 2010 at 4:14 pm Reason: Clarification for info received from Marriott Rep
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, *wood-Plat, Hyatt-Plat, HH-Silver, Frontier-Ascent, Hertz-Prez0
Called and got my stats, won't be impressive to most but I am still in my 20's and starting my 3rd year of business travel so I am on course.

6 years with the program
215 nights
397,000 points

Assuming Marriott continues to treat me well I should do 100+ nights per year for the next 6 years and achieve lifetime gold at minimum.

kind of scary to think I will be spending 2 out of the next 6 years of my life in a Marriott property. Possibly time to re-evaluate some things.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by VA1379
My guess is that 90 % of Marriott customers don't even know that lifetime elite status exists at Marriott. .....
This statement applies to me as well. I certainly was surprised when the PlatLife card arrived some 6 years ago. All I know is that I spent a lot of nights in MR properties WW.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
Originally Posted by politicalhack2
Called and got my stats, won't be impressive to most but I am still in my 20's and starting my 3rd year of business travel so I am on course.

6 years with the program
215 nights
397,000 points

Assuming Marriott continues to treat me well I should do 100+ nights per year for the next 6 years and achieve lifetime gold at minimum.

kind of scary to think I will be spending 2 out of the next 6 years of my life in a Marriott property. Possibly time to re-evaluate some things.

I'm impressed ! We are retired recently, and only learned about the lifetime program a few years ago. My husband had about 100 nights, and now with our efforts and increased vacations we are approaching 200, but it will be a awhile to LT status. (We have the 12 years and the points - TS use - but just not the nights.)

I wish we had more awareness/knowledge about building travel status at a younger age - this is the time of life when we can especially enjoy them, in our travels. But, we are having fun working on them now. And we are passing on tips/working on points and miles, for our adult children too.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:05 pm

FWIW, my totals are:

7 (will be 8 in late Feb) years with Marriott
1.718 million points (I have bought 125K points from Marriott over the years)
647 nights (I presume that if you have nights rolled over for 2010 that they will count again towards lifetime status)

I was a bit surprised at my point total, but I forgot about all the stays that have occurred in the past 2 years (in addition to the 100K points that I bought in that period).
Old Jan 9, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
Thumbs up for this change. And here I was racking my brain trying to figure out how I can get over a million points. With the 50% plat bonus this makes it a lot easier.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm very happy with the change. I was way down on points per night compared to others, and figured Gold was the best I would get to, 2-3 years from now. With the new requirements, I'm over on points and should have the nights by late this year. And PLT is now nights-constrained, about 3 yeas away.

I was at the low end for points, and rooms are getting more expensive every year - is points ever going to be the limiting factor for anyone anymore?

Originally Posted by VA1379
(I presume that if you have nights rolled over for 2010 that they will count again towards lifetime status)
They don't count towards the 2011 roll-over, so they have a way of differentiating them. I doubt they can be double counted for Emeritus status. EDIT: OK, I'm wrong. Marriott clarified that double nights, roll-over nights, etc., do count. So I'm another 25 closer.

Last edited by CPRich; Jan 10, 2010 at 9:33 am
Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
A nice summary was posted today (Jan 8) in the Loyalty Traveler blog. He covers (1) elite rollover nights from 2010 to 2011 and (2) qualification criteria for lifetime elite status with Marriott.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...-elite-easier/
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A nice summary, but unfortunately not completely accurate.
"Elite rollover nights for 2011 means a member who earns 67 nights in 2010 earns Marriott Rewards Gold status for all of 2011. The 17 nights over the 50 night Gold membership threshold are rolled over for 2011 credit. The Marriott Rewards Gold elite member starts 2011 with 17 elite qualifying nights."
If the member was PLT for 2010, he/she would be Gold in 2011 but have zero roll-over nights.

Last edited by CPRich; Jan 10, 2010 at 9:41 am
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by CPRich
I was at the low end for points, and rooms are getting more expensive every year - is points ever going to be the limiting factor for anyone anymore?
It does seem that they have moved from making points the key factor in lifetime to nights. For people in the USA, UK and Canada who have a Marriott Rewards visa card, getting the points required will be easy. For those who don't have a MR visa, it seems to bring the points required more in line with the nights stayed.

Prior to this change, I was on track to have enough nights for Gold lifetime status once I hit 12 years, but be well short on points (as I only had the Canadian MR visa for a couple years before moving to the UK, where I haven't yet been able to get a MR Visa due to needing to build up a proper credit rating first). Now, that Gold lifetime status is quite do-able.

Interestingly, the reaction on the Marriott Insiders board seems quite negative - all sorts of sturm und drang about this being another devaluation of the program. Frankly, if someone has stayed 800 or 1000 nights, that shows a level of loyalty that I'm fine with being rewarded, even if those 1000 nights were at a $59/night Fairfield Inn.

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.