Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
I'm so confused by all this. I have been Lifetime Platinum with Marriott for some years and now the front page on my Marriott and SPG app says PLATINUM ELITE with 36 nights this year and 40 nights to Platinum Premier Elite, yet scroll right and page 2 says LIFETIME STATUS - Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite with 1,034 nights , 14 years. If I click on the Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, it takes me to a page that gives me info on LIFETIME ELITE and not Premier Elite.

I realise there is a changover but is it likely that accounts will be sorted out soon and what will hotels know about me - Platinum Lifetime Elite or Platinum Lifetime Premier Elite
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by platinumstar
I'm so confused by all this. I have been Lifetime Platinum with Marriott for some years and now the front page on my Marriott and SPG app says PLATINUM ELITE with 36 nights this year and 40 nights to Platinum Premier Elite, yet scroll right and page 2 says LIFETIME STATUS - Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite with 1,034 nights , 14 years. If I click on the Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, it takes me to a page that gives me info on LIFETIME ELITE and not Premier Elite.
Same here. We're pretty close in stats. I'm 14 years and 1,006 nights.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez

I realise there is a changover but is it likely that accounts will be sorted out soon and what will hotels know about me - Platinum Lifetime Elite or Platinum Lifetime Premier Elite
These are the chickens come home to roost for Marriott's singular fixation with the word Platinum and all others that begin with the letter 'P.'

As for what hotels know about you, it's highly unlikely that in the short term they have any care between Plat and Plat Premier - an Ambassador tag may or may not have an impact. The main difference probably has to do with points earnings, and that's infinitely fixable even if initially incorrect over coming days and even weeks.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver

same issue that I have!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Why are people in such a rush to merge their accounts? Yes, you're going to want to do it by end of year. But there's no reason to do it right now versus two weeks from now. Let the system quiesce and don't tempt fate IMO.
Because we're trying to apply SNA's to our Marriott hotel reservations
That....are occurring at the end of August. So, I need the SNAs to appear in my 'merged Marriott' account ASAP.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

You will be a LTPP. With lifetime PP benefits (sans SNAs). All will be good.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just did the merge. Instantly recognized the SPG nights that bumped me up to 449 + 10 years Gold/Plat (and 7 at Plat) to give me the LTG -- should end the year with another year of Plat (and at least 480 nights), will eventually make my way to LTP.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by s0479

same issue that I have!
Well, you're one step ahead of what I am seeing. The Marriott app is reporting me as Lifetime Platinum Elite on the first page and the same when I swipe right to go to page 2. 849 nights and 14 years as Platinum elite. I don't get it.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:37 pm
alc

Originally Posted by alc
......Just did some quick math for myself and I will be about 70 to 80 nights short if this is really the case. But I don't know how many combine Platinum year though. Need to decided if I should do some meetings before Aug 1st.
So my combine years now show only 5 years of Plat and 11 for both Gold and Plat, but I thought there were some discussion that the old MR Gold will also count as Plat. After some careful planning since my post above, I did a few more stays and I might end up just under 15 nights short to hit 750 nights (combine Marriott + SPG) while I do have over 4MM+ LT points. Hence, if I suppose to have "10 years of Plat", I will try to get those 15 nights somehow in order to get LTPP.

Hence, I was wondering if someone clarify for what was "suppose" to count as Plat year? Want to see if I do have a case with Marriott to ask for an audit.

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
In any event, my MR status didn't change to reflect Ambassador until combining, and that may have a small influence in the upgrade process if it has to wait until check-in?
I have not combined my accounts and both my SPG and Marriott accounts show me as "Platinum Premier Elite + Ambassador". FYI, I never had status with Marriott other than the gifted Gold status from being UA 1K and the matched Plat status from SPG.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
I had 9 years as Marriott PLAT and 4 as SPG PLAT and a combined total of 1,139 nights but did not have a lifetime status in either program prior to merging the accounts, Combined the accounts this morning and all the combined totals look fine and my lifetime status instantly changed to LTP.
I am assuming that on Jan 1, 2019 and hopefully sooner, it will change to LTPP.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Retired FF
I had 9 years as Marriott PLAT and 4 as SPG PLAT and a combined total of 1,139 nights but did not have a lifetime status in either program prior to merging the accounts, Combined the accounts this morning and all the combined totals look fine and my lifetime status instantly changed to LTP.
I am assuming that on Jan 1, 2019 and hopefully sooner, it will change to LTPP.
That is quite an achievement 1139 nights and no LT status... You are winner in this merger congratulations
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by X-ON
That is quite an achievement 1139 nights and no LT status... You are winner in this merger congratulations
I'm also going from no LT status on either side to LTPP. My numbers are not quite that high, 700+ MR and 100+ SPG = 800+ combined. On the Marriott side, a decade of the credit card counts for 150 of those nights, and for the rest, my average rate was probably only $100/nt, with probably about 200 at Residence Inns that only generated half the points. So even with all those nights, I was hundreds of thousands of points short for even old LT Silver.

Last edited by swag; Aug 22, 2018 at 7:38 am
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by X-ON
we have owned a few Marriott timeshares for the past 20 or so years and we get stay credits when we use them which gives us almost 30 nights per year, so almost half are though the use of time shares which get NO points or spend credits. While I had the nights, I did not have the lifetime points to give me a LT status. I am delighted that this will finally payoff as LTPP
Jiatong likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:42 pm

Which years count as "Platinum"?

I see the regular 50+ nights at Marriott. Wondering about the year that was Gold from "Taste of Gold" challenge and the year where status was bought back with points.
Presuming 2018 is counted as status was earned last year?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.