Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by tods27
My years look right in the app, but still can't see the lifetime year counter anywhere on the website. According to the App data (725 nights, 14 Years Plat), I should now at the least be LTG (based on LTG with SPG) and probably LTP (based on new qualification criteria), but no love yet. I'm guessing that there is still some batch run to check for that qualification.
This well may change going forward, but for me it was the act of combining the accounts that kicked in the new LT criteria. I was at legacy LT Silver due to lack of points (about 100k short of Gold, obviously well short of Plat), but within seconds of combining accounts the website and the app showed me as LTP.

As for where to find your nights on the website, if you at least have LT Silver you should be able to scroll down to that area of your Overview and look for a tiny arrow all the way over to the right. This is where you can bring up a LT Status popup (they're going to need to work on this going forward, maybe just make "You are Lifetime XYZ Elite" clickable.

Edit: In hindsight, this was a poorly constructed post on my part; the message I was trying to get across is that I met new LT Plat requirements (nights+years) in legacy MR alone - I did not require any nights or years from SPG, but regardless it took the act of combining the accounts to kick in the new criteria.

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Aug 21, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bosman
While I agree with the sentiment, I don't see MR LT points shown in the new web/app interface, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Thus, I presume we will need to manually keep track of any "legacy MR" points earned after our last pre-conversion LT Status summary (and presumably, Marriott will do a year-end sweep to see if the post-conversion legacy activity pushes anyone into a higher LT tier). Anyone have a better solution?
Lots more work to be done.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
I thought I had 4 years as MR Gold through the UA match. Now I have been credited for 2 of those towards LT status. 2 further years where I had MR Gold have not been counted because I linked accounts as advised by Marriott. As I was SPG Plat the system shows me as having matched status so the MR Gold doesn't count. It's a pity as with those 2 years I would reach LT by the end of this year, As it is I am 2 years closer than I would have been otherwise so I should be grateful for small blessings. If I hadn't linked accounts last year, however, then I might have been OK. Oh well.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I didn't get the infinity symbol either, until I just linked my accounts. SPG only gave me 8 nights and 200 points, but now my profile shows LTG. I was at 417 nights with 10/8/7 SGP/GP/P, and now I've bumped all the way up to 10/9/7. Glad to get lifetime gold, because I doubt I'll ever earn a higher status again.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:33 pm

I was at 850+ nights, 1.96 million points (all Marriott), and I merged my accounts. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake as I can't find my lifetime points anymore... I should have waited until I was confirmed over 2 million points, if only to save me some worrying.

The website shows I'm lifetime platinum now with 9 years of platinum (which doesn't seem like the right amount of years.. should be more like 6).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Degerminator
I was at 850+ nights, 1.96 million points (all Marriott), and I merged my accounts. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake as I can't find my lifetime points anymore... I should have waited until I was confirmed over 2 million points, if only to save me some worrying.

The website shows I'm lifetime platinum now with 9 years of platinum (which doesn't seem like the right amount of years.. should be more like 6).
Why are people in such a rush to merge their accounts? Yes, you're going to want to do it by end of year. But there's no reason to do it right now versus two weeks from now. Let the system quiesce and don't tempt fate IMO.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt

Similarly, I'm at 480+ lifetime nights and 1.58 million lifetime Marriott points (just shy of the 500/1.6 that I need -- and will get by year-end -- for old lifetime gold/new lifetime platinum) and I merged my accounts today. I'm also wondering if it was a mistake. I suspect we'll end-up okay; but, we may need to follow-up with MR several times to have the lifetime status qualified under the old rules effected.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Why are people in such a rush to merge their accounts? Yes, you're going to want to do it by end of year. But there's no reason to do it right now versus two weeks from now. Let the system quiesce and don't tempt fate IMO.
I'll be honest, curiosity killed the cat for me, particularly wrt to LT status. But I also have an upcoming award stay at a Marriott, and I wanted to see if my ambassador could do something to help me apply my SPG SNAs to the stay vs forking over the $500 asking price for a decent room upgrade (he asked that I check back next week, as they are having issues on that front). Not sure that will be possible in the end, but pretty confident it would've been more of a challenge to apply those SPG SNAs to a Marriott stay with un-merged accounts. In any event, my MR status didn't change to reflect Ambassador until combining, and that may have a small influence in the upgrade process if it has to wait until check-in?

It's also nice having all of my points parked in one app and at one website, although that's admittedly a pretty weak factor to take into consideration.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

Won't do much...I waited until I was over the 2 million point hump today (already had the nights) before merging and I still show as LTP rather than LTPP. I'll have to wait for the end of year sweep at this rate
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Curiosity is fickle and fun sometimes.

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Similarly, I'm at 480+ lifetime nights and 1.58 million lifetime Marriott points (just shy of the 500/1.6 that I need -- and will get by year-end -- for old lifetime gold/new lifetime platinum) and I merged my accounts today. I'm also wondering if it was a mistake. I suspect we'll end-up okay; but, we may need to follow-up with MR several times to have the lifetime status qualified under the old rules effected.

As an update, I called in (and waited on hold for 45 minutes...), but the agent was able to see and confirm that my lifetime points total was 1.96 million, and also confirmed that if I break 2 million by year end, I will be grandfathered in to LTPP. So I feel a bit less nervous now.
I do see a lifetime points total in the app by clicking on my current status level, but right now it's sitting at 0. The agent said that should update "soon".
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by SomeGuy
I didn't get the infinity symbol either, until I just linked my accounts. SPG only gave me 8 nights and 200 points, but now my profile shows LTG. I was at 417 nights with 10/8/7 SGP/GP/P, and now I've bumped all the way up to 10/9/7. Glad to get lifetime gold, because I doubt I'll ever earn a higher status again.
Well, it does look like combining accounts triggered an update to lifetime status. I now see the infinity symbol by my name and on the profile page, I get the link to see my lifetime nights and years. It shows me as LTP now instead of Plat. I didn't get the option to combine until this afternoon.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by chongl
I'll have to wait for the end of year sweep at this rate
Well we're only about 100 hrs into this thing, so hopefully all is not lost already. But then again, it's possible that only those who already had LTP/2M points prior to 8/18 will be candidates for "instantaneous" LTPP, and all of the rest of us will be relegated to Jan '19. If I read your post correctly, you were ever so shy of 2M (and thus existing LTP) as of 8/18?

I put those parentheses up there because I know that some 8/18 LTPs are now seeing LTPP, whereas some are not. Suspect that'll get fixed relatively quickly.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Well we're only about 100 hrs into this thing, so hopefully all is not lost already. But then again, it's possible that only those who already had LTP/2M points prior to 8/18 will be candidates for "instantaneous" LTPP, and all of the rest of us will be relegated to Jan '19. If I read your post correctly, you were ever so shy of 2M (and thus existing LTP) as of 8/18?

I put those parentheses up there because I know that some 8/18 LTPs are now seeing LTPP, whereas some are not. Suspect that'll get fixed relatively quickly.
Yes, I was about 3k short before the transition. I'm PP for 2019 already, but LT status has yet to update
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by chongl
Yes, I was about 3k short before the transition. I'm PP for 2019 already, but LT status has yet to update
Well if you're PP for 2019, then you must be the same for 2018, so likely will not really matter even if you do have to wait for the Jan '19 sweep, no? But I'm in the same situation - I'd rather see it made official sooner rather than later, so I do understand your perspective.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Well if you're PP for 2019, then you must be the same for 2018, so likely will not really matter even if you do have to wait for the Jan '19 sweep, no? But I'm in the same situation - I'd rather see it made official sooner rather than later, so I do understand your perspective.
Right...doesn't matter in the short term, but I'd like to see the update reflected so I can stop checking over the next few months.
bresnab likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.