Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
So I gather that you've already sorted out the app part. As for the website, it may be that you can only view your progress if you already have some kind of LT status? For me (and apparently others), if you scroll down in your account overview, there is a block for some kind of LT status (Silver, in my case). Then there's a little arrow over to the right that you can click to see the (hopefully) same info that's available in the mobile app.

On the bright side, the years (as currently counted - no doubt subject to change!) are at least visible. But no, it doesn't seem as though LT status is necessarily mapped to the nights/years reflected as yet - at least for some of us...

(But then again, as I recall, there was fair warning that some LT status - LTPP, in particular - wouldn't be conferred until Jan '19?)
I don't have a block with LT status on the website since I didn't have LT status before today. So a logical conclusion is that they haven't updated the LT status based on the new criteria. In my case, the years and nights are correctly shown in the mobile app - it's just that I still don't have any LT status even though I have qualified for LT Gold under the new criteria.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by naumank
I don't have a block with LT status on the website since I didn't have LT status before today. So a logical conclusion is that they haven't updated the LT status based on the new criteria. In my case, the years and nights are correctly shown in the mobile app - it's just that I still don't have any LT status even though I have qualified for LT Gold under the new criteria.
Seems right to me. No telling at this point how long it'll take before the LT sweep goes through...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
One question: If I reach 750 nights (Marriott + SPG), and qualify for 50 nights platinum this year (I already have 9 years as legacy MR 75 night platinum) by Dec 31, do I get LT PP?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Marriott IT merger definitely still in progress. I just DL'ed the Marriott and SPG app update. For SPG app it seems to be reflecting my SPG lifetime stats accurately though missing all my Aug SPG hotel stay info in the account activity screen so my SPG annual nights to date is incorrect.

Marriott app LT stats is wrong for me. Showing accurate 526 nights but 0 Plat/Gold years and only 3 Silver years. Interesting enough, the new Marriott app account activity seems to reflect all my latest Marriott hotel stays.

I was 75n Marriott Platinum pre-Aug 18 and it's still showing me as Platinum and not Platinum Premier on both Marriott/SPG apps as well.

I guess best to wait for IT migration to hopefully complete Mon and see if it is all fixed then. If not, Marriott/SPG combined customer service is going to get absolutely avalanched by members like me who want to correct all the stats prior to merging their two separate MR/SPG accounts.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
My status seems to be all over the map on both the app and website. I see Platinum as my status initially, but then scrolling over on the app or down on the website indicates Lifetime Platinum Premier. I'm confused on this one, and I did a screen capture of my lifetime points and nights before the old website went away. I am currently at 927 lifetime nights, 14 years as legacy Marriott Platinum Elite, and before the website update had well over 2 million lifetime points in legacy Marriott Rewards. I will call in on Monday morning and ask since I have a number of upcoming stays where I would like to get the 75% points bonus versus the 50%. Is anyone else seeming something similar to the below? I question what the hotel and Marriott are seeing as well. I am checking out of a Marriott property this morning, so I can check two things: 1) see if they can look up my status reflected in their system and 2) see what the earn rate is when the points post.

Mobile App:

Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Majuki
Is anyone else seeming something similar to the below?
Mine shows like yours but with different numbers. It shows I am LTPP but it shows Plat for my benefits and PP as my next level. It instructs me to click on the PP to see my next level of benefits. Is this is a mistake or intentional? Marriott has never published that LTPP gets all the benefits of PP. That is an assumption many have made, but it has never been in any of the promotional materials. Maybe we will only get Plat level benefits. We will have to wait and see.

ADDED: Nowhere in the Terms does it state LTPP receives PP benefits, but it does state this:
Lifetime Elite Status only provides a Member with Silver Elite, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite status and protection against the forfeiture of Points even if the Lifetime Elite Member is inactive. It does not prevent the Company from suspending Lifetime Elite Status or cancelling a Member’s Account. Lifetime Elite Members will receive the benefits of Silver Elite, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite Members, which are subject to change from time to time as described in section 4.1.

Last edited by CJKatl; Aug 19, 2018 at 4:45 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Majuki
My status seems to be all over the map on both the app and website. I see Platinum as my status initially, but then scrolling over on the app or down on the website indicates Lifetime Platinum Premier. I'm confused on this one, and I did a screen capture of my lifetime points and nights before the old website went away. I am currently at 927 lifetime nights, 14 years as legacy Marriott Platinum Elite, and before the website update had well over 2 million lifetime points in legacy Marriott Rewards. I will call in on Monday morning and ask since I have a number of upcoming stays where I would like to get the 75% points bonus versus the 50%. Is anyone else seeming something similar to the below? I question what the hotel and Marriott are seeing as well. I am checking out of a Marriott property this morning, so I can check two things: 1) see if they can look up my status reflected in their system and 2) see what the earn rate is when the points post.
Somewhat similar situation for me. I'm at over 1000 nights and approaching 3 million points with MR. I have less than 10 years of Plat (many more years of silver and gold). The web site simply lists me as "Platinum" at the top of the "Overview" screen. However, scrolling down under lifetime it reads "You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite". The app is behaving similarly, with "Platinum" listed on the "My Account" screen and "Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite" shown on the lifetime page.

Fortunately, I don't have any stays coming in the next 10 days, so I'm just going to sit on my thumbs for a while and let the dust settle.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Mine shows like yours but with different numbers. It shows I am LTPP but it shows Plat for my benefits and PP as my next level. It instructs me to click on the PP to see my next level of benefits. Is this is a mistake or intentional? Marriott has never published that LTPP gets all the benefits of PP. That is an assumption many have made, but it has never been in any of the promotional materials. Maybe we will only get Plat level benefits. We will have to wait and see.

ADDED: Nowhere in the Terms does it state LTPP receives PP benefits, but it does state this:
I get what you’re saying, but then what the heck is the point of the status if it doesn’t receive the benefits? It makes no sense. Your quote clearly explains that LT status in general may not actually be lifetime, but I think it’s a pretty safe assumption that as long as LT status and the current status levels exists, LTPP will have the benefits of LTPP (other than those which are achieved specifically by staying a certain number of nights).
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by GoPhils

I get what you’re saying, but then what the heck is the point of the status if it doesn’t receive the benefits? It makes no sense. Your quote clearly explains that LT status in general may not actually be lifetime, but I think it’s a pretty safe assumption that as long as LT status and the current status levels exists, LTPP will have the benefits of LTPP (other than those which are achieved specifically by staying a certain number of nights).
Can you find where it states LTPP gets PPE benefits? There is an assumption but nothing actually written. Benefits are not granted by assumption, they are granted by the written terms. The links on my account agree with what is written, not with the assumption. Maybe the links will change, but my immediate assumption that the links were wrong might not be correct; we may only be getting Plat benefits.

The point of the status was always to not give MR LTP the same status as MR LTG. The facts SPG members were not originally included and the lack of statement on the marketing materials that LTPP would get PP benefits despite clear statements for the other levels were pretty big clues.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Can you find where it states LTPP gets PPE benefits? There is an assumption but nothing actually written. Benefits are not granted by assumption, they are granted by the written terms. The links on my account agree with what is written, not with the assumption. Maybe the links will change, but my immediate assumption that the links were wrong might not be correct; we may only be getting Plat benefits.
So your argument is they created a status with literally no incremental benefits?
dsquared37, UA-NYC and phltraveler like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by GoPhils

So your argument is they created a status with literally no incremental benefits?

Except for the name it appears that might be the case. Can you show me anywhere it states there are additional benefits: the terms or the marketing materials? I have found nothing and the links as they appear seem to back that up, as they are showing Plat benefits and if I stay more nights I can get PP benefits and others are reporting the same. I would love to be wrong, but there is nothing in writing indicating we get PP benefits.

BTW, I did not have enough nights for Plat last year or this year so I am definitely riding on my LT status so it is not a question of the links showing an earned status.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Thanks. Showing a couple of years fewer than I was expecting.... It looks like not all Marriott status years were counted. That stinks.

For the record, it looks like buy-backs and soft-landings are not counted. I paid for the buy-backs, so that is more irritating.
Yes I think you are correct - I am showing zero Elite years with Marriott whereas I know I was elite in the 80's/90's so suspect there must be a cut off date they aren't telling us about it.

Now I look at the App - and not the web site - it shows this:

Last edited by Markie; Aug 19, 2018 at 7:11 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

The point of the status was always to not give MR LTP the same status as MR LTG. The facts SPG members were not originally included and the lack of statement on the marketing materials that LTPP would get PP benefits despite clear statements for the other levels were pretty big clues.
You are continuing to create unnecessary and un-factual FUD by suggesting that LTPP will not get PP benefits (SNAs excluded)

As the upgrade T&C brouhaha already suggested, Marriott doesn't have it's act yet together with updating T&Cs
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Yes I think you are correct - I am showing zero Elite years with Marriott whereas I know I was elite in the 80's/90's so suspect there must be a cut off date they aren't telling us about it.
On the other hand, the MR website just showed me as having Ambassador (which I don't), the SPG website let me in and now won't, and my husband, who had SPG gold through Amex, is now showing Plat on MR. Clearly they aren't done fiddling. An extremely slim hope that the couple of years of buy-backs and soft landings (which were relatively recent) will appear in a new sweep. If not, I think it's really low for Marriott to "strip" those years away when they were treated by Marriott as full status years.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
You are continuing to create unnecessary and un-factual FUD by suggesting that LTPP will not get PP benefits (SNAs excluded)

As the upgrade T&C brouhaha already suggested, Marriott doesn't have it's act yet together with updating T&Cs
There is a difference between your not liking the facts and the actual facts. I have seen what is on the site and have quoted the T&Cs, neither one of which back up LTPP getting PP benefits. Members.Marriott also starkly excludes this statement which is included for the other levels. Can you show me a single fact backing up LTPP getting PP benefits? Anything from Marriott making this promise? Anything more than your assumption? Or that you remember someone posting that a blogger posted she has a friend at Marriott who swears something is true even if you cannot find the post now?

I would be happy to be wrong here, but no facts point to LTPP getting PP benefits other than a shared name, and we know Marriott reuses names way too often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.