Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Works for me. (What's kind of amusing, and maybe an artifact of the as-not-yet-complete switchover, is I'm "51 nights to Platinum Premier" )
Attached Images  
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Works for me. (What's kind of amusing, and maybe an artifact of the as-not-yet-complete switchover, is I'm "51 nights to Platinum Premier" )
I've seen both MR & SPG insist I have x nights to Gold when I am already LTG. Just a quirk in their systems. And with the new tiers, actually getting 50/75/100 nights in a year will produce more benefits.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
How did you guys log into the system? I no longer see an option to log in on marriott.com.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I've seen both MR & SPG insist I have x nights to Gold when I am already LTG. Just a quirk in their systems. And with the new tiers, actually getting 50/75/100 nights in a year will produce more benefits.
mine shows correct #s .
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by naumank
How did you guys log into the system? I no longer see an option to log in on marriott.com.
Getting into my account didn't last long. I was logged in and then I wasn't. "Upgrade In Progress" is all I get.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by naumank
Login availability is being rolled out by status

(... but on the real, it's hit-or-miss; I couldn't get in the first couple of times either. As a software professional I know better, and really should leave their systems alone 'till they're actually greenlit to be up, but I couldn't resist looking.)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by cfischer
mine shows correct #s .
That's expected. Doing the math the OP has probably 24 nights YTD that would put him 51 nights away from earning Platinum Premier, however, on second thought it should be showing 1 night away from Gold. The process is not over yet. I can't get to a login screen yet on either site (expect SPG to be a while).
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
OP has probably 24 nights YTD
Yeah. What's interesting is I've got 24 nights SPG YTD too, and am waiting for my total to update. I am a little concerned about seeing an offer to link my (long-since-linked) SPG account, but again, probably a switchover artifact.

So do I get (my first) SNAs at 50 combined nights or at 75 (which I'm sure to hit before 12/31)?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
I managed to login half an hour ago (not working anymore). I saw on the 'Overview' of my account that I have '3 years of Platinum'.
I qualified for Platinum first in Dec 2015, then in 2016, 2017, and a couple of months ago in 2018: should it say 4 years of Platinum instead of 3?
The first year (Dec 2015) I was with Ritz Rewards, so I wonder if that is the reason.

This is relevant to me as I need to decide to merge with SPG, where I have 6 years of Platinum and would reach 10 years.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by josep
I managed to login half an hour ago (not working anymore). I saw on the 'Overview' of my account that I have '3 years of Platinum'.
I qualified for Platinum first in Dec 2015, then in 2016, 2017, and a couple of months ago in 2018: should it say 4 years of Platinum instead of 3?
The first year (Dec 2015) I was with Ritz Rewards, so I wonder if that is the reason.

This is relevant to me as I need to decide to merge with SPG, where I have 6 years of Platinum and would reach 10 years.
unless you will reach Plat twice by 12/31 with SPG and Marriott there is no reason not to merge the accounts.
Nobody knows for sure how they count years in status. I am sure once we see how this gets combined for many of us we can probably figure it out ... till then ... not so much.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah. What's interesting is I've got 24 nights SPG YTD too, and am waiting for my total to update. I am a little concerned about seeing an offer to link my (long-since-linked) SPG account, but again, probably a switchover artifact.

So do I get (my first) SNAs at 50 combined nights or at 75 (which I'm sure to hit before 12/31)?
The program reads 5 SNA at 50 nights and another 5 at 75 nights. Story is you must cross 50 & 75 to get the SNAs, so if you have more than that now or when YOU combine your accounts (MPG is not doing that for you), that does not count. Some are arguing that's unfair but I don't see it that way, the rush of SNAs would be massive and what do you do with the SPG folks that already got 10 SNAs for choosing before 7/17? And if you do the numbers, it's possible to get 25 SNAs this year, IF you did 50 SPG nights before Aug and chose 10 SNAs, then get another 5 SNAs for crossing 75 SPG nights and, if you haven't combined your accounts you could get another 5 SNAs for crossing 50 & 75 each in your MR account!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:28 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
I just got in...PP with AMB..
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:32 pm

Does anyone see a count of lifetime plat years?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Lifetime Platinum! 906 nights and 12 years Platinum. Was nowhere near it on points under the old system.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Does anyone see a count of lifetime plat years?
You can view it if you have the just-released app update. Swipe right on the semi-circle showing current year progress, then tap on the text about years as a silver elite or higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.