Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by davidsc111
I've followed this reasonably closely as I'm at 715 nights and 1.9m points.... so i'm close enough to get there before 12/31. I just got an email from Marriott and after clicking through came across the following...

"In addition, members that achieve Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum under the legacy requirements by year end will also be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status. And, don’t forget that we’ll combine Lifetime activity across both Rewards and SPG toward qualification when members combine accounts in August. Beginning in 2019, qualification into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status will not be available."

https://members.marriott.com/benefit...&lk=1000277374

The bolded part seems new to me...This paragraph is exclusively about the LTPP. Am I reading this correctly that my SPG nights are going to be combined with MR nights in August towards LTPP?
This is direct from the Marriott website:

=====================

THE FASTEST WAY TO ELITE: ADD UP ALL YOUR NIGHTS.

Starting in August, you can combine all your Rewards and SPG nights back to January 1, 2018, to achieve one of our six Elite status levels.

=======================

The way I read this is that if you have 500 Lifetime Marriott nights and 2000 Lifetime SPG nights, but none of those SPG nights is in 2018, then your combined SPG + MR is 500 nights.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JackE
This is direct from the Marriott website:

=====================

THE FASTEST WAY TO ELITE: ADD UP ALL YOUR NIGHTS.

Starting in August, you can combine all your Rewards and SPG nights back to January 1, 2018, to achieve one of our six Elite status levels.

=======================

The way I read this is that if you have 500 Lifetime Marriott nights and 2000 Lifetime SPG nights, but none of those SPG nights is in 2018, then your combined SPG + MR is 500 nights.
Apples and oranges here. The notice is talking about regular elite membership and not lifetime. If you end the year with 500 MR LT nights and 2000 SPG LT nights, you will have 2500 MPG LT nights. Now should you have over 10 years of Plat status between the two programs as well, you will be granted LTPP status.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by JackE
Can you clarify what that means please?
(Based on everything that's been written thus far)

750 combined nights, 10 years combined Plat (or old MR Gold) by 12/31 = LTPP

750 MR nights, 2 million MR points by 12/31 = LTPP

750 combined nights (but less than 750 MR), 2 million equivalent MR points (and less than 10 years combined Plat) = not LTPP

Last edited by GoPhils; Jun 6, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by jeanie
OK, so I'm in the home stretch of getting my 2 million points. I check into a full service Marriott today, and they don't have a lounge. I am told that I can get breakfast in the restaurant. But I remember something in the back of my mind that I read on FT. I end up finding this link

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...s/guarantee.mi

I call down to the front desk, and am told that this hotel doesn't offer a choice between 750 points or a free breakfast. The room has a fridge, and I have left over pizza from tonight. I would rather have 750 points and cold pizza for breakfast. So I grab my laptop, and go down to the front desk and talk with the manager on duty. I show him the link above. He obviously has never seen it before. Then he finally says I can have my 750 points instead of breakfast. The funniest part is that he blames it on the operator saying that she didn't know about the policy when he didn't know, either.

Small victory!

edited to add: Come to think of it, I have probably missed out on a few thousand points by not catching this in the past. At least I caught it this time.

Well, I ended up having to email the hotel to get my 750 points. Luckily, I had received a welcome email from the hotel, and responded to it with the link above and the name of the manager that promised me the points. After emailing, it was posted in a couple of hours.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:02 pm

So do I understand correctly, should I stay 50 spg nights and 50 non-spg Marriott nights in 2018 (until December 31st), I get credited 2 platinum lifetime years? If this is true, I might actually change some of my stays to non-spg Marriott properties to make it.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by federer
So do I understand correctly, should I stay 50 spg nights and 50 non-spg Marriott nights in 2018 (until December 31st), I get credited 2 platinum lifetime years? If this is true, I might actually change some of my stays to non-spg Marriott properties to make it.
Yes, if you earn SPG Plat and MR Gold, you will be credited with two Plat years when the accounts are merged.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, if you earn SPG Plat and MR Gold, you will be credited with two Plat years when the accounts are merged.
Well, more precisely I wonder whether it is sufficient to complete 50 spg nights and 50 non-spg Marriott nights by December 31st 2018 to get credited 2 platinum years. IIRC the accounts are merged in August already.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, more precisely I wonder whether it is sufficient to complete 50 spg nights and 50 non-spg Marriott nights by December 31st 2018 to get credited 2 platinum years. IIRC the accounts are merged in August already.
They have not released what exactly will happen when we go in to merge our accounts starting sometime in August. Our best guess is there will be activity to track what happens in our legacy account from the time of merge and the end of the year. We have been told that activity may increase our status after the end of the year. Lots of grey areas to navigate still.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Apples and oranges here. The notice is talking about regular elite membership and not lifetime. If you end the year with 500 MR LT nights and 2000 SPG LT nights, you will have 2500 MPG LT nights. Now should you have over 10 years of Plat status between the two programs as well, you will be granted LTPP status.
That would be great! Thanks.

Last edited by JackE; Jun 6, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
If you do a bunch of one night stays, you can do as little as 25 SPG nights this year to get that year of SPG Plat (last year you can do that). Or you can do 50 nights.

Let's just say there is a healthy debate going on if one needs 50 or 75 nights to get a Marriott Platinum year this year, for the purposes of LTPP...I will be doing the latter based on the information I have received.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
If you do a bunch of one night stays, you can do as little as 25 SPG nights this year to get that year of SPG Plat (last year you can do that). Or you can do 50 nights.

Let's just say there is a healthy debate going on if one needs 50 or 75 nights to get a Marriott Platinum year this year, for the purposes of LTPP...I will be doing the latter based on the information I have received.
You only need 50 Marriott nights this year. This has always been clear, as Marriott Gold will count towards the ten years. It is equivalent to SPG P50. The SPG Lurker has updated the answer on the SPG Wiki to take away anyone's confusion.

Do years of Gold in the legacy MR program count as a year of Platinum in the calculation for LTPP?
Yes, your previous years in the Marriott Rewards Program that were Gold Elite will be counted as years at Platinum Elite in the new program. These years are your Lifetime years and will be counted towards any of the lifetime requirements, including Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite. If a member has combined 10 years of Platinum status and 750 combined lifetime nights by 12/31/2018, they will earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status. <further clarified by Starwood Lurker 06Jun18>
This answer should put the issue to rest.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I certainly hope that all years as Marriott Gold count. (I had it by Amex Platinum for a lot of years.) That will make me LTPP as soon as the nights get added together.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by CJKatl
You only need 50 Marriott nights this year. This has always been clear, as Marriott Gold will count towards the ten years. It is equivalent to SPG P50. The SPG Lurker has updated the answer on the SPG Wiki to take away anyone's confusion.

This answer should put the issue to rest.
So are you saying/quoting that under the old/current MR program - Years obtained as MR Gold will count to the NEW MR LTPP status?

example: if someone was the OLD/Current MR Gold [but never old/current MR Plat] for 10 years [including having 750+ nights total] - they would qualify for the NEW MR LTPP?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So are you saying/quoting that under the old/current MR program - Years obtained as MR Gold will count to the NEW MR LTPP status?

example: if someone was the OLD/Current MR Gold [but never old/current MR Plat] for 10 years [including having 750+ nights total] - they would qualify for the NEW MR LTPP?
That's correct, based on everything I've read.

Old MR Gold level was 50 nights. 50 nights is also the start of the "new" Platinum level. In addition, 50 nights was one of the Platinum levels at Starwood. Therefore, if in the past you qualified via 50 nights at Marriott for Gold status, those years at MR Gold will count as years of Platinum when the programs get combined. If you have 10 years of old MR Gold, and 750 nights, you will be new-program LTPP.

-mvitale
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
I cannot discern whether the agent with whom I spoke this morning either had more information than was public about future changes to the program or whether she just was very confident in her lack of understanding of the future changes. If what she is saying is true, my disappointment in Marriott will increase. Her information was that once all three programs come together, we will be sent an email in coming months to ask us to choose a program. Just as Ritz Carlton and Marriott are under the same umbrella but separate, she said that we will be choosing one of the three programs, and that our status will only be good for that one program that we choose.

So, those that earned platinum with Starwood and Marriott will be able to select only one. Those of us who will be grandfathered into LTPP will be that in only one program. I guess eat and drink and be merry today enjoying platinum benefits across properties in both programs today, for tomorrow . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.