Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by chongl
Yes...you can use a dummy booking to get over the 50,000 point limit per year. When you cancel, points remain in your account and go towards the LT points pool
I had some points transfered and used from my wife's account in order to fullfill a reward booking, the points did not update my lieftime total.

Do I need to cancel this booking to update my lifetime total with these points?
Old May 23, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by navatwal
I had some points transfered and used from my wife's account in order to fullfill a reward booking, the points did not update my lieftime total.

Do I need to cancel this booking to update my lifetime total with these points?
No, the points should have updated your LT points. Some have reported LT points are not showing new activity on the web but the CSRs see them. Give them a call and see what they show on the back office system. Lots of things going on and not everything is being updated, especially if it's slated to go away in August.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by getagb

the lowest I’ve found is $100/meeting. Do you think LTPP is worth $2400 though?
not for me, upgrades are going to be hard to come by anyways... and even the 4pm checkout won't be guaranteed everywhere. Since you need actual stays to get the suite nights...I'd say if I could do it for $500 or less it would be worth it but I don't see any real benefit except united...which is only a benefit if you use them and I don't.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by getagb
the lowest I’ve found is $100/meeting. Do you think LTPP is worth $2400 though?
Try playing through a few numbers. If you figuring on using it for 20 years, $2400 is $120/year. It could easily be worth that depending on how you value things like free breakfast and CL amenities. When I was staying at full-service properties frequently I got way more than $120/year value out of those benefits. Of course, I was staying often enough to earn the status....
Old May 24, 2018, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I wouldn't spend a ton of cash out of pocket for LTPP.

Without getting carried away with a discounted-future-LTPP-value-flow-analysis, which would easily be the travel-nerdiest thing ever, I simply don't want to place that big of a future bet using my 2018 dollars.

Will Marriott still have these levels 5 years from now, with their benefits largely intact? (Probably.)
Do I expect to ever be a frequent-enough guest that I'm at the top of the suite upgrade list compared to other yearly PP's or PP Ambassadors? (No.)
Do I get much value out of "mini-upgrades"? Non-suites with slightly more floor space, actually being *on* the C-level, etc. (Not really.)
Will my preference and need for Marriott still be what it is today, 5 years from now? (Maybe.)
Will the entire hotel industry evolve to where there's some other kind of lodging I like a lot better 5 years from now? (Maybe.)
Will I care as much about lounge access and free not-so-great breakfasts at hotels 5 years from now? (Maybe not.)
Will I still be doing as many leisure trips to places where Marriott is the best choice? (Probably not - as the kids move on to college, we have a list of destinations where Western hotels aren't a likely choice.)

I suspect I'll always like and somewhat favor Marriott if I have LTPP, but would bet a couple grand in today's dollars that I'll get a huge amount of value out of it many years from now.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Just called MR CSR and that was like pulling teeth
t appears they've moved the call center to Karachi.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I hope that they keep the SPG guy instead of the MR lady. He seemed way more confident than she did in the numbers being provided.
Sort of like on FT with Starwood Lurker who is always here vs Marriott Concierge with her annual cameo "enhancement" posts.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by RogerD408
No, the points should have updated your LT points. Some have reported LT points are not showing new activity on the web but the CSRs see them. Give them a call and see what they show on the back office system. Lots of things going on and not everything is being updated, especially if it's slated to go away in August.
This is so annoying... they used the points to generate certificates for award bookings, somehow they didnt update the LT Points counter on the front end!
Old May 24, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by navatwal
This is so annoying... they used the points to generate certificates for award bookings, somehow they didnt update the LT Points counter on the front end!
We will see many more "glitches" like this as they migrate to the final system. Everyone is screaming for data so they can't just wait until all the decisions are made and they release a system that covers all the needs. I predict this will go on through the end of the year, and maybe a month or two past that. This is a massive change for their operation.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Lots of things going on and not everything is being updated, especially if it's slated to go away in August.
which part is going away in August?
Old May 24, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsauch
which part is going away in August?
It's a moving target still, but:
10 nights for meeting rooms.
night credit for up to three rooms.
as starters. We will see many more changes throughout the year.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
It's a moving target still, but:
10 nights for meeting rooms.
night credit for up to three rooms.
as starters. We will see many more changes throughout the year.
The SPG status challenge is also going away before August.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Lifetime Points

Has anyone else looked at their profile and noticed their Lifetime Points disappeared. Mine have been gone for about a week now. Have not called yet to see what’s the story.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:46 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Please try this. This page shows your lifetime totals:

Om the main page, click on the "Menu" button on the top left. The follow the links as follows:

Menu --> Marriott Rewards --> Marriott Rewards Overview

And then login. Then click on "Nights" and you should find your lifetime totals.

Shortcut: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
Old May 26, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yrs
Please try this. This page shows your lifetime totals:

Om the main page, click on the "Menu" button on the top left. The follow the links as follows:

Menu --> Marriott Rewards --> Marriott Rewards Overview

And then login. Then click on "Nights" and you should find your lifetime totals.

Shortcut: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
Sorry no dice, in fact it doesn’t show Lifetime Totals at all, just Status, Points and Nights. On the same page I tried to register for the MegaBonus, so will call customer support.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danola

Sorry no dice, in fact it doesn’t show Lifetime Totals at all, just Status, Points and Nights. On the same page I tried to register for the MegaBonus, so will call customer support.
Just followed the directions in the Wiki and got:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.