Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lovethoselegs
Once I have my stats planned for rest of the year I will do another UR move to confirm that is still a valid acrual method.
Thanks, I would love to get some recent confirmations of this, and I think others would as well.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by annerj
Points 1,969,888

30,112 points shy from lifetime plat.

Need to decide how hard I want to push to make it....
I seem to recall you already posted about this in another thread.

You can buy up to 50k points at 1000 points for $12.50. So it would cost a whopping $375 to get to lifetime Plat -> Plat Premier that way.

Or you can transfer from Chase Ultimate rewards, or you can transfer from United, or you can transfer from someone else (but their lifetime points total will go down by the amount yours goes up, so they have to not care about that), or you can apply for a new Marriott credit card if you don't have the same type aleady.

Or you could even a mix of those if you wish.

Plus, if you do any paid stays before the end of the year, those points will count too.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I seem to recall you already posted about this in another thread.

You can buy up to 50k points at 1000 points for $12.50. So it would cost a whopping $375 to get to lifetime Plat -> Plat Premier that way.

Or you can transfer from Chase Ultimate rewards, or you can transfer from United, or you can transfer from someone else (but their lifetime points total will go down by the amount yours goes up, so they have to not care about that), or you can apply for a new Marriott credit card if you don't have the same type aleady.

Or you could even a mix of those if you wish.

Plus, if you do any paid stays before the end of the year, those points will count too.
Thanks. I'll see what I come up with by July and probably purchase the rest!
Old May 2, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by CJKatl
So long as you are PP or P that will be your overriding status. You will not rely on LTP unless you fall below P, or under the new system in may be P75 where you will rely o LTPP. As a data point, I did not requalify as P for this year having stayed only a dozen or so nights last year. When I go into the site it states P, not LTP, even though I am only at P because of my LTP.
Are you clicking the word Details under the nights total on the Overview page? My wife is Platinum with 91 nights so far this year, but it clearly shows her Lifetime Gold status in the Nights Details pop-up window.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Has it been confirmed that transferring United Airline miles into MR do count towards lifetime status? If so, is there a maximum that can be transferred in a year? Is the ratio 1:1?
Old May 2, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ncgator
Has it been confirmed that transferring United Airline miles into MR do count towards lifetime status? If so, is there a maximum that can be transferred in a year? Is the ratio 1:1?
I can confirm it applies toward lifetime status. Can't confirm the max, but I believe it's 50K per year.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by ncgator
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I can confirm it applies toward lifetime status. Can't confirm the max, but I believe it's 50K per year.
Per the RewardsPlus terms:

Originally Posted by Marriott
  1. MileagePlus members who hold an active, validated account with Premier Silver, Premier Gold, Premier Platinum, Premier 1K, or Global Services status in the MileagePlus Program are eligible to convert MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points at a ratio of one (1) mile to one (1) point.
  2. A maximum of fifty thousand (50,000) miles, per member, per calendar year may be converted to Marriott Rewards points.
  3. Conversions require a minimum transfer of five hundred (500) MileagePlus miles.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Thank you
Old May 2, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
My assumption, though, was for purposes of determining status in the new program if you are presently both LTP and P or PP, while your status is considered a present P or PP you will be among those grandfathered into LTPP status so when you are relying on LT status you will be LTPP. Is there anything indicating that will or will not be the case?
Two different things, I was addressing what will be shown as your general status on the web.

As for the merge, your MR LTP status will determine if you will get MPG LTPP (as it stands now). I expect MPG to wise up and bring the numbers together before decided where people fall on the scale of status, both regular and LT.
CJKatl likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Michilander
Are you cliciking the word Details under the nights total on the Overview page? My wife is Platinum with 91 nights so far this year, but it clearly shows her Lifetime Gold status in the Nights Details pop-up window.
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but when I click Details it shows two columns. On the left column there are "Nights stayed" and "Bonus Nights" and "2018 Total" which is well below 75. On the right it shows my LT totals, which are double the nights and points required. The label shows "Platinum Lifetime Status" which I always assumed labeled the column, but are you saying that actually is reporting my status? Other than there, everywhere else it only states "Platinum Elite" and I had fewer than twenty stays in Marriott properties last year. I actually went places where Starwood had better choices (Prague, Bali) and made a mistake and stayed in the LM near Patpong in Bangkok which was okay but nowhere near as nice as the similarly priced Marriott options nearby which do not require walking past ping-pong bars to get to BTS. Heck, the CY is a better option as it has a CY, is in a quieter yet more convenient location and has a great staff, But I digress....

Is where I see LT on the details page where your wife sees Gold?
Old May 2, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but when I click Details it shows two columns. On the left column there are "Nights stayed" and "Bonus Nights" and "2018 Total" which is well below 75. On the right it shows my LT totals, which are double the nights and points required. The label shows "Platinum Lifetime Status" which I always assumed labeled the column, but are you saying that actually is reporting my status? Other than there, everywhere else it only states "Platinum Elite" and I had fewer than twenty stays in Marriott properties last year. I actually went places where Starwood had better choices (Prague, Bali) and made a mistake and stayed in the LM near Patpong in Bangkok which was okay but nowhere near as nice as the similarly priced Marriott options nearby which do not require walking past ping-pong bars to get to BTS. Heck, the CY is a better option as it has a CY, is in a quieter yet more convenient location and has a great staff, But I digress....

I'm not sure where the confusion is. Yes, you are Lifetime Platinum. By definition, that means that you will be "Platinum Status" for your lifetime. In other words... "Lifetime Platinum" is not an annual status... it is a state of perpetually being "Platinum Status". So, "Platinum" is all that you will ever see as your status. Make sense?
Old May 2, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

The title of the rightmost column shows your current status. There used to be a process in the mobile app to display your card and that would also show LT if it applies. I just tried doing that and don't see a way to view my card.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
The site is messed up though. It shows me on one page as Platinum Elite and on another page as Lifetime Gold. In reality I'm Lifetime Platinum Elite. And I was just mailed my new Lifetime Platinum Elite Marriott card. Go figure.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by dsperling
I'm not sure where the confusion is. Yes, you are Lifetime Platinum. By definition, that means that you will be "Platinum Status" for your lifetime. In other words... "Lifetime Platinum" is not an annual status... it is a state of perpetually being "Platinum Status". So, "Platinum" is all that you will ever see as your status. Make sense?
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The title of the rightmost column shows your current status. There used to be a process in the mobile app to display your card and that would also show LT if it applies. I just tried doing that and don't see a way to view my card.
Well I see it now, thank you, but given there are two similar columns and the left column has the title of what was listed my assumption was the similar right column was showing what was listed below it, too, which are my LTP Status totals. It seems a silly place to show status and if it is the status it means the numbers listed are untitled. While I see it now it is a very poor webpage design, or what I expect from Marriott IT.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I need ~40 elite nights to qualify for LT platinum.

Considering Marriott CC spend or meetings, but also considering booking 40 nights at a category 1 hotel somewhere probably using points. Is there a list of Category 1 hotels? Any of em near an airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.