Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
From the FAQ:

Members will have until year-end 2018 to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG.
So that confirms the December deadline for the legacy driven LT status in the combined program.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, United - Gold, Marriott - PP, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Platinum, National - Exec Elite
Question Lifetime Status - Suite Nights

Good Evening,

A busy day in the Marriott world for sure. Has anybody been able to get confirmation as to whether lifetime members will get a "choice" benefit of Suite Nights? This one seems to have two different schools of thought as to whether lifetime members will get them. I am also curious to your opinions of this pro or con.

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:36 pm

Lifetime status question

So I’m at 850 nights and 1,942,000 points for my lifetime status. I saw that the new lifetime achievement is looking at years as that status. It also looks like if I achieve platinum by the end of 2018 I’m good for receiving lifetime platinum. How are the lifetime points counted? Is it just stay points or all points accumulated during a stay? for example does food count toward that? If everything doings I should hit the needed 60,000 points needed without a problem by the end of 2018. August would be difficult but December should be OK. Can someone help clarify for me please.
Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mmagee
So I’m at 850 nights and 1,942,000 points for my lifetime status. I saw that the new lifetime achievement is looking at years as that status. It also looks like if I achieve platinum by the end of 2018 I’m good for receiving lifetime platinum. How are the lifetime points counted? Is it just stay points or all points accumulated during a stay? for example does food count toward that? If everything doings I should hit the needed 60,000 points needed without a problem by the end of 2018. August would be difficult but December should be OK. Can someone help clarify for me please.
Thanks
Marriott Rewards lifetime status is based on all points earned. I would try to do it by August just to be safe. I earned a lot of my points from Chase credit card spend. I have MR Lifetime Platinum which will become LTPP which will be a grandfathered level that won't be available in the future.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:55 pm

So bonus points and everything?

Originally Posted by AAdmiral
Marriott Rewards lifetime status is based on all points earned. I would try to do it by August just to be safe. I earned a lot of my points from Chase credit card spend. I have MR Lifetime Platinum which will become LTPP which will be a grandfathered level that won't be available in the future.
i bonus points count I’ll make it by August without problem.
Thanks for your reply
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Lifetime members will get them when they stay the requisite number of nights in a year but not in years when they don’t meet the threshold.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
Originally Posted by getagb
Lifetime members will get them when they stay the requisite number of nights in a year but not in years when they don’t meet the threshold.
I don't know if this is fact. I think it's a question we will know later.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, United - Gold, Marriott - PP, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Platinum, National - Exec Elite
Thank You both for the quick reply. It seems to be one of the TBD pieces for sure. They also state that Suite nights will be an option within choice benefits. I have not seen anything else listed today, however I assume that to mean that we will have multiple options to choose from. Feels like they took a page from the Delta playbook here, even the verbatim name. While certainly different programs I think that lifetime medallions can still choose annual choice benefits. Selfishly I would like to be able to choose an option annually as I have amassed 1400 nights and this will help to keep me loyal since the Ambassador level will likely not be attained for me.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Glad I read this thread, I was already trying to figure out how I would get 45 nights by August
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Originally Posted by sfosyd
As far as I can tell, the only way to get this is already be a Marriott Platinum Lifetime member. Currently, I'm 50 nights away from Lifetime Marriott Platinum with 54 nights currently booked at SPG properties. Based on today's announcements, it seems I need to move all of my SPG stays to Marriott properties to get grandfathered in.

Do we have until August 1st or January 1st to lock up our lifetime status at Marriott?

Do SPG stays/points count for anything regarding grandfathering to Platinum Elite? I have 937 nights at SPG and 12 years.

Currently staying at a W hotel and considering cancelling and moving to Marriott's to lock this up if that is what needs to be done.

Advice? Thank you.
As others have said, it looks like you have to 12/31/18 to qualify. Assuming you are fine reaching 2MM points, here are a couple pieces of advice to accelerate your Marriott night accruals:

1. Get the Marriott Credit Card ASAP and starting charging all your hotel charges on it. You get 1 night credit with each $3K in spend. Also you get 15 nights credited towards elite each year (although I am not 100% sure if these would show up this year).
2. Switch to the Ritz Carlton Rewards program ASAP and book as many nights into Ritz's as possible as you get double night credit at Ritz.
3. In a worst case scenario, if you come up a few days short at the end of the year, you can use points at a low cost Marriott limited service property to near home/office to generate reward night credits a as low a point cost as possible.

FWIW, I've got to think there's a decent chance that Marriott will eventually come to their senses and give SPG LTP's with +750 nights the same grandfathered Platinum Premier status as Marriott LTP's, but then again better not to leave anything to chance.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:43 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
I'm currently Marriott Lifetime Gold, but will end the year with over 2M points and ~630 lifetime nights. I also have 75 SPG nights total accrued. Am I understanding my options correctly as follows:

1. Do nothing and I automatically convert from Lifetime Gold to the new Lifetime Platinum?
2. Reach 750 Marriott nights by 12/31/18 and I convert to the new Lifetime Platinum Premier (which is arguably only marginally better than LP because no suite nights)?
3. I cannot combine the 75 SPG nights with my Marriott nights to get closer to the current Marriott qualifications for LPP (I'd be about 45 nights short in this scenario)?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
From the FAQ:

So that confirms the December deadline for the legacy driven LT status in the combined program.
Pretty clear goal for me. 2.32M points, 722 night after a few this week. SPG nights won't matter.

I guess for LT PP, people will get higher priorities for suite upgrades. This would be great providing sometimes I don't even get anything when I book rooms last minute.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Apr 16, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ENycSea
This is incorrect. Marriott LTP is LTPP in the new program. LTG and LTP aren't both being moved to the same level in the new program.
Are you sure if you hit the old Marriott LTP after August 1 but before December 31 you will still get grand fathered into the new LTPP? It seems to me that the exception is going to be a one time thing and either you are already LTP (thus getting the bump to LTPP) before August 1 or you aren't. If I'm wrong that would be great news as I will hit it organically about October but will have to hustle to get there by July 31st... Once the dust settles I'll email Marriott and see if I can get a hard answer in writing...
jeanie likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
My question regarding LT status is how MR could've spent all of this time working to combine the programs, and yet still be unprepared to announce how LT status will shake out based on combined earnings of nights+points+years of status??
Mmagee likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
What status counts for calculating years in new LT tiers?

Forgive me if these questions have been answered, but I've read extensively in this thread and in the MR announcement and can't find the answers:

(1) Given that current Marriott LT Golds will become LT Platinum Elite under the new program -- and that the reason for this is that current MR Gold is roughly the equivalent of the new Platinum Elite -- does this mean that pre-2018 years in Marriott Gold status count toward the "Years in Platinum Elite" required for that new status? In other words: suppose someone has 600 combined nights already, but (say) 5 years of MR Gold Status followed by 5 years of MR Plat status?. Will that person become an LT Platinum Elite in the new program soon after it begins, or will he or she have to earn the new Platinum Elite status or higher for 5 more years starting in 2019? [EDIT: I now see that someone else has asked this question and that another member has provided a quick answer, but I'm not sure I agree with that answer so would appreciate any further thoughts, and particularly any information, that anyone might have.]

(2) Can past years in SPG status and in MR status be aggregated to meet the 7 or 10 year status requirements? In other words, if someone has 600 nights and was an SPG Plat for 5 years and an MR Plat for those same 5 years, does he or she have the necessary 10 years in Platinum Elite status? I can imagine that the answer to this question might be "Yes, but not counting 2017 or 2018 if your sole reason for having status in one program was that you had linked your status in the other program." But has MR given any information on this, or any hints?
WoodyWindy likes this.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; Apr 16, 2018 at 11:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.