Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I think MR would have a PR nightmare if they take away already-gained lifetime status when the program changes. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be worried about that, nor would I change my stay habits for such.
Agreed. My concerns are what will be going forward. DL changed "lifetime" to "annual complimentary" status. I would not be shocked if MR did that as part of its change, but those who already qualified could be left at "lifetime" status.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
If only they could keep the current solution. Linked accounts,two separate programs. SPG loyalists are happy,Marriott loyalists too. IHG and Kimpton, Accor and Fairmont.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Just passed 2MM points. LT nights are 534. Of those (and I know this will strike a cord with some FT'ers), 210 are either CC or Rollover. If my plans don't change, I will hit 577 nights at year's end, with 196 rolling over for a January 1 total of 773 Marriott nights. So I will have made LTP with LESS than half of the required nights spent on a Marriott mattress.

Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
how many

So lets get to the biggest number. I will assume I'm in the middle.
Platinum Lifetime Status

nights1,621

Points3,665,922
Just retired, looking forward to using all those points I saved!

We need a Premier category that actually benefits our loyalty!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Hey, MIFlyer, you and I have almost the same number of lifetime nights (I'm currently at 1,658) but I'm way ahead on lifetime points (6,145,204). So I hope there's a premier category that rewards "big spenders"! *lol*
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:17 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Hey, MIFlyer, you and I have almost the same number of lifetime nights (I'm currently at 1,658) but I'm way ahead on lifetime points (6,145,204). So I hope there's a premier category that rewards "big spenders"! *lol*
WOW!!!! to the last 2 posts! I can only dream Congrats on your achievements!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by MIFlyer
So lets get to the biggest number. I will assume I'm in the middle.
Platinum Lifetime Status

nights1,621

Points3,665,922
Just retired, looking forward to using all those points I saved!

We need a Premier category that actually benefits our loyalty!
Sitting on 1,500 nights and 3,000,000 points lifetime after 7 years... 38yrs old, and still have 25 years of this left in me... will be interesting to see where I end up.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I didn't realize MR counts annual rollover nights toward LT nights, essentially double counting a lot of nights for some. That makes it impossible to compare SPG LT nights with MR LT nights. CC churn can generate significantly MR points towards the LT MR points requirements as well.

MR LTP requirements may actually be significantly easier for some people to achieve than SPG LTP which also has 10 years Plat requirements.

Last edited by CIT85; Oct 17, 2017 at 8:00 am
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by CIT85
I didn't realize MR counts annual rollover nights toward LT nights, essentially double counting a lot of nights for some. That makes it impossible to compare SPG LT nights with MR LT nights. CC churn can generate significantly MR points towards the LT MR points requirements as well.

MR LTP requirements may actually be significantly easier for some people to achieve than SPG LTP which also has 10 years Plat requirements.
Not at all. MR (and SPG) has the numbers, they just choose to not publish all the details. Just like how they determined the 3:1 ratio for moving points.
Wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of teams crunching numbers from their systems to try to find a common measure to determine how to rank people in a new system. Just mashing the programs together will be a total train wreck. All we can do is wait to see what they come up with. At that point we decide to stay or go.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA

In my case, it was significantly easier to achieve LT than any other major hotel program.

Before securing a guaranteed rate at my hotel of choice, mid-August of 2016, my LT totals were 78 nights, 570K points. 500 days after, I will hit LTP.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Not at all. MR (and SPG) has the numbers, they just choose to not publish all the details. Just like how they determined the 3:1 ratio for moving points.
Wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of teams crunching numbers from their systems to try to find a common measure to determine how to rank people in a new system. Just mashing the programs together will be a total train wreck. All we can do is wait to see what they come up with. At that point we decide to stay or go.
One thing I have been told from SPG directly is that they do not have a complete trajectory of all the points accumulation from hotel stays and otherwise for accounts of a certain age. If your account is 15 years or older those points is purged ... I found this out since i could not balance my SPG master statement and after a lot of back and forth (several months) I got back from SPG IT that only 15 years of point accumulation would be covered in their system ...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Me too!

Nights 2,829
Points 9,240,386
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
Count me in as well:

Lifetime nights:1962
Lifetime points : 7,487,223
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if MR retains LT BIB (Butt in Bed) nights?

SPG LT nights may be slightly skewed by the 5 night credit per year for SPG AMEX, although I'm not certain if those nights counted toward LT nights.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I wonder if MR retains LT BIB (Butt in Bed) nights?

SPG LT nights may be slightly skewed by the 5 night credit per year for SPG AMEX, although I'm not certain if those nights counted toward LT nights.
Yes, they do count. It might take a bit of digging, but I'm sure they can go back and retrieve just about any numbers they want. But that doesn't mean that data would be available upon request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.