Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toddreg
2- Any rumor as to what will happen down the road when the 2 programs finally do merge?
As mentioned above, lots of rumors.

And let me mention a fact that may be relevant:

Marriott has changed the way they compute lifetime status several times in past years, without having any excuse like "we're merging programs".

That's fact. Now question (rather than rumor):

Marriott people have up to now been computed based on lifetime points and nights, while SPG based on lifetime years and nights. How will they resolve that once these two programs merge?

Now opinion:

Once you look at it that way, you might see how wide the area of possibilities is. And how one rumor is no better than the next rumor, because there are so many possibilities.

Another opinion:

Right now is probably not the best time to start out planning (with specifics) on how to reach lifetime status, if you're far from it. You'll get only a little ways further before you'll find out if/how it will change, presumably within the next year or so.

Just realize that in case something resembling the current method survives, it's better to earn points than miles (if you want miles, convert them later), and if all else is equal it's better to stay at 10 pts/$ brands than 5 pts/% brands. But all that is also true if all you wants the points for is for reward stays in the future! So does it really take that much change in behavior to (temporarily?) pursue points earnings as well as nights earning as well as years in your desired status?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
I've been pondering on this as well. I'm 150 nights and 350k points from LT plat...I can't decide if I should do it or not. I did the math and I can get close enough by next December that I could mattress run or cc spend to get over the hump but I would have to be all in with Marriott through that period. I'm afraid they are going to introduce some "platinum pro" level above plat and I'll be kicking myself for chasing what would then become the second highest level. Hopefully we will hear Marriott's strategy by the end of Q1 18
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CPRich
Are you missing "n't"?
Indeed. Thanks for catching this.

I added the missing word.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
As mentioned above, lots of rumors.

And let me mention a fact that may be relevant:

Marriott has changed the way they compute lifetime status several times in past years, without having any excuse like "we're merging programs".

That's fact. Now question (rather than rumor):

Marriott people have up to now been computed based on lifetime points and nights, while SPG based on lifetime years and nights. How will they resolve that once these two programs merge?

Now opinion:

Once you look at it that way, you might see how wide the area of possibilities is. And how one rumor is no better than the next rumor, because there are so many possibilities.

Another opinion:

Right now is probably not the best time to start out planning (with specifics) on how to reach lifetime status, if you're far from it. You'll get only a little ways further before you'll find out if/how it will change, presumably within the next year or so.

Just realize that in case something resembling the current method survives, it's better to earn points than miles (if you want miles, convert them later), and if all else is equal it's better to stay at 10 pts/$ brands than 5 pts/% brands. But all that is also true if all you wants the points for is for reward stays in the future! So does it really take that much change in behavior to (temporarily?) pursue points earnings as well as nights earning as well as years in your desired status?
In the past, lifetime requirements ar Marriott weren't just nights and points. At one time, LTP also required IIRC twelve years in the MR program.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up actual Lifetime Status level now showing under Nights!

I just logged in and went to my account and clicked Nights, and in the lifetime section it says Lifetime Marriott Silver.

I don't remember anyone mentioning before it showing the actual level there, and I'm pretty sure a week or two ago it didn't show it to me either. (I would have crossed into lifetime Silver a while ago, since I crossed 1.2 million lifetime points a while ago, and am already well over 500 lifetime nights, so the lifetime points is the determining factor in my case).

While I don't care a hoot about having Lifetime Silver status (I have Platinum annual), it's cool to see that it's finally displayed there.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:15 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I just logged in and went to my account and clicked Nights, and in the lifetime section it says Lifetime Marriott Silver.
Interesting. I have lifetime status gifted by Bill Marriott in recognition of joining the program the year it started. I think it was part of the 30 year anniversary celebration of the program, though don't remember. There are a number of us on FT who have lifetime status for this reason. Anyway, my account does not show it.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Conversion from SPG to MR doesn't increase MR lifetime points (at the time of transfer).

Laundering them through UA presumably does, although there's a pretty severe haircut in doing so:
  • 20k SPG to UA = 12,500 UA miles = 12,500 MR points
  • 20k SPG to MR = 60,000 MR points
You can also convert Hyatt points to Marriott through UA!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:20 pm

Getting to the finish line:

Gold Lifetime Status

Nights: 688

With SPG Account:

Lifetime Nights: 37

I understand that transferring from SPG to Marriott currently does not change the lifeitme count, but would you advise me to do that? I am also not sure if I should worry about LT nights now, as I would have roughly 30-40 nights by Jan 2018.

Shall I try to give a call to Marriott PLT line to find out if I can get LT PLT after the merger of the program?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Getting to the finish line:

Gold Lifetime Status

Nights: 688

With SPG Account:

Lifetime Nights: 37

I understand that transferring from SPG to Marriott currently does not change the lifeitme count, but would you advise me to do that? I am also not sure if I should worry about LT nights now, as I would have roughly 30-40 nights by Jan 2018.

Shall I try to give a call to Marriott PLT line to find out if I can get LT PLT after the merger of the program?
You will still be 25 nights shy of the 750 night requirement....
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by jjmoore
You will still be 25 nights shy of the 750 night requirement....
Oh, if they count the SPG LT nights, then technically it's done. I just don't know whether they are going to count it before program is fully merged.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Oh, if they count the SPG LT nights, then technically it's done. I just don't know whether they are going to count it before program is fully merged.
Sad part neither will anyone you get on the phone or via email. The details of the merged program has not be released and will not until they are ready. DO NOT count on any advice as to what will be in play after the merger.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The other thing you don't know is if/how the lifetime requirements might change once the program is fully merged.

So you shouldn't spend that much time fretting about what your SPG points/night will do under the current Marriott math, because you have no idea if the current Marriott math will still apply at that point.

Marriott has changed how they compute lifetime status several times in past years, even without an "merger" excuse. So why expect them not to change it even a little bit when the merger is completed?

So if you can get to your desired LT status easily just on the Marriott side before this might change, great. Otherwise, don't try to "manipulate" it too much, because the goalpost might move before the ball you just kicked gets there.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
16 nights from renewing Platinum, 31 nights from lifetime platinum. (13 and 28 after a trip this week). 13 nights is going to be tight - I'm not traveling as nearly as much this year and I can only account for another 3 nights for sure this year.

Probably going to rent a conference room to get me over the top so I don't lose Marriott Platinum, but I have no idea what the typical rate would be... or if the hotel really cares that I show up/stay for any real period of time. I don't really need a conference room, I just need the 10 nights -_-
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
I have heard that Marriott will renew your platinum status if you are close to the 75 nights. Can you try calling Marriott Rewards and ask them?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
Originally Posted by phltraveler
16 nights from renewing Platinum, 31 nights from lifetime platinum. (13 and 28 after a trip this week). 13 nights is going to be tight - I'm not traveling as nearly as much this year and I can only account for another 3 nights for sure this year.

Probably going to rent a conference room to get me over the top so I don't lose Marriott Platinum, but I have no idea what the typical rate would be... or if the hotel really cares that I show up/stay for any real period of time. I don't really need a conference room, I just need the 10 nights -_-
Could also get the Marriott Business CC and its 15 nights if you don't have that already.

i used to spend $100 at CYs (then they raised price) Last year or 2 I did it (2014) at Fairfield and it was much cheaper to negotiate directly with hotel.
Its lobby area was under renovation and didn't even have an active conference room so we
did 3 @ $75 a pop and we all were happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.