Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
In fact, I would say that the fact they are sending LP credentials upon qualification rather than the previous policy of only once one dropped under the lifetime status would seem to indicate they plan to continue with LP as it currently stands.

That being said, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some levels above "basic plat" rolled out, much like the way SPG currently operates. The interesting question will be to see if they allow qualification to the higher plat tiers on a lifetime basis, or if you can only get basic plat as a lifetime status and have to earn the higher tiers year by year...
Old May 31, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
In fact, I would say that the fact they are sending LP credentials upon qualification rather than the previous policy of only once one dropped under the lifetime status would seem to indicate they plan to continue with LP as it currently stands.

That being said, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some levels above "basic plat" rolled out, much like the way SPG currently operates. The interesting question will be to see if they allow qualification to the higher plat tiers on a lifetime basis, or if you can only get basic plat as a lifetime status and have to earn the higher tiers year by year...
Carefull, some legacy programs can run under the radar for a very long time before someone notices. I have no doubt the "fulfillment" center is out-sourced and runs off an automated feed that may take them some time to turn off. Until they roll out the new program, it's probably going to status quo until then.
Old May 31, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I agree with you, RogerD408, which is why the change from "you only get a card when you drop below your lifetime level" to "you get a card as soon as you hit lifetime plat" is interesting. That indicates the lifetime program is not under the radar right now.
Old May 31, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Nothing has been released yet. Final merger of the programs is slated for sometime in 2018 and they may miss that date as it is. I imagine they have a team crunching numbers to see what and how they bring the two programs into parity. Just like the LT requirements have evolved over the years, this is another change point.
If it is some time in 2018, I don't think I have to sweat, as I am at 673 Nights and 1.73M, with SPG Nights and 50k SPG points, so I am basically almost there. Just have to work out the points a little bit more. Might be LT PLT before they announce the new requirements of LT status.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Lifetime points issue has not been fixed. I called the Platinum Line today because my points have been frozen for about a month, even as the nights are being counted correctly and was told thet they are aware of the problem. It's frustrating because I was on the threshold of the two million points and it froze at 1.987 million. According to the hot line my points are there, 2.016 as of today, its just that I want to see the points in my app.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by alrvd83
I received a pleasant surprise in the mail yesterday. A letter congratulating me for making lifetime platinum as well as a lifetime platinum card. I was under the impression that I'd get nothing lol. Not bad.

I just made lifetime gold, I wonder if I'll receive anything. I'll have the points for lifetime platinum by next year, but those additional 250 nights is going to take some time. :->
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by drowelf
I just made lifetime gold, I wonder if I'll receive anything. I'll have the points for lifetime platinum by next year, but those additional 250 nights is going to take some time. :->
Got a nice new Gold Card and congratulations letter yesterday. My new Gold Elite Card has the words Lifetime in the same size Typeface/Font as the Gold Elite.

I guess I won't see another card until if/when I ever reach Platinum.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by drowelf
Got a nice new Gold Card and congratulations letter yesterday. My new Gold Elite Card has the words Lifetime in the same size Typeface/Font as the Gold Elite.

I guess I won't see another card until if/when I ever reach Platinum.
I suspect there will be new cards once they decide upon the new program (MPG?). I can't imagine a marketing type to pass up being able to say he/she designed the program logo and/or collateral material. Just imagine the expense that will generate!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
I recently qualified for LTP and was wondering when (if?) your online account is updated to reflect that status?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by dafonz
I recently qualified for LTP and was wondering when (if?) your online account is updated to reflect that status?
If you click on "My Account", "Account Overview" then the word "Nights" under your yearly total you will see your LT summary. It should say Platinum Lifetime Status.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
Originally Posted by njcommodore
If you click on "My Account", "Account Overview" then the word "Nights" under your yearly total you will see your LT summary. It should say Platinum Lifetime Status.
Jesus I don't know how I missed that. I was looking for it to update up in the header where it says "Hello Dafonz".

Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But upgrades at what priority? Doesn't Delta give upgrades by elite level? So if you're not even the first up elite level, don't you only get upgrades if absolutely no one with any elite level is in front of you?

I can't find anything at that link, or the link for further info about upgrades, which explains that.

That's what I meant by "no true status". At United, you know where you stand on upgrades (at least you're even with some other Silvers). At Delta, you have no clue, but my suspicion is you're below the lowest status level (sort of patterned after SPG's Preferred Plus level, which is many of the benefits of SPG Gold except you're not actually SPG Gold).
SPG elite falls below Silver on the upgrade list. Does it really matter? Not really, Silver never gets an upgrade anyway. Really more of a marketing stunt than anything of value.

I have UA silver through MR...I have no intention of flying UA. But if I had to I would get a free checked bag. Woo Hoo!

One year I missed out on SPG elite and tried the use the DL DM bennies at SPG hotel and they had no clue what I was talking about.

The real value in all of this is the reciprocal points. I get SPG points for flying, and I get DL points for staying at SPG. This is awesome....I'm sure it will go away once the programs merge. It was good while it lasted.

My question is how will be combined nights be handled...I have lifetime Gold on SPG but actually have more nights with MR and no lifetime because of the points requirement. I am hoping the combination (600+) leaves me at Gold but we'll see.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
My question is how will be combined nights be handled...I have lifetime Gold on SPG but actually have more nights with MR and no lifetime because of the points requirement. I am hoping the combination (600+) leaves me at Gold but we'll see.
Marriott has redesigned the lifetime status requirements several times before the merger.

Since the Marriott and SPG lifetime status requirements are so different (both count nights, but Marriott adds points but not years while SPG adds years but not points), I wouldn't be surprised if the lifetime requirements will change once again with the merging of the two programs. But change how, that I would have no idea (would they simple let you use either the pmMarriott or pmSPG requirements, or come up with totally new requirements?).
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by danola
It's reassuring to know I am not the only one that is getting "frozen" out.... could this "glitch" be programmed in???
I'm having the same problem. And I'm stuck right before Lifetime silver.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Milkman
I'm having the same problem. And I'm stuck right before Lifetime silver.
Why does this bother you? I think the only added benefit of LTS is that your points won't expire anymore. Other than this, I compare LTS to a "status purgatory". You then have a life fime status that doesn't really give you substantial benefits and the only way out of this purgatory is to be even more loyal to Marriott and make LTG in the future...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.