Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
My apologies. Noted. (And so perhaps they will clamp this down to folks who actually produce the kind of revenue that you and your kind do - all really just speculation and musing on my part in any event.)
No apology needed. Marriott probably should do something to control the abuse of "rewarding events." They could, for example, only give nights credit when the "event" includes a room block. Or, if they were concerned that might alienate customers who spend a lot on large events that do not include a room block, they could limit the 10 nights credit to events that include a room block OR meet a minimum spend threshold. Other smaller "events" could earn points, but would not earn 10 nights credit for the meeting planner/host.

I also wasn't personally offended. Just trying to explain why Marriott might want to reward folks who book events, but don't stay for 50 or 75 nights. It's not an issue for me. I book a couple of small to medium events a year (15-30 rooms for 3 nights), but I have over 75 butt in bed nights.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:30 am
phb

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Agreed.
I would like to see the requirements for lifetime status increased it's becoming very easy to get lifetime status with all the tricks to get night credits and all the credit card and points bonuses.
Better would be to put a stop to all the 'tricks'. Many of these (especially the credit card) are not available to non-US residents. Simply raising the bar would make it even harder for non-US to qualify for lifetime.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
I fell a night short of being platinum, but I am platinum for life already. This is the first year I have fell short since making lifetime.
I see that lifetime Marriott status doesn't transfer to SPG. So, how will my status display on Marriott? Gold or Platinum since I was lifetime plat? And will that show for SPG status as well or will it be Gold?

Between the two programs, I had over 110 nights as I was close to plat on both.
?? Why wouldn't your MR status transfer to SPG? You MR account should be flagged as Plat, the hotels should be giving you Plat benefits, so SPG should be doing the same. Now maybe they haven't programmed the system to properly transfer your status, but I'd push them on that.

There are going to be several corner cases come up that may need manual intervention. Calling MR & SPG and coordinating their efforts might be a challenge but doable.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I fell a night short of being platinum, but I am platinum for life already. This is the first year I have fell short since making lifetime.
I see that lifetime Marriott status doesn't transfer to SPG. So, how will my status display on Marriott? Gold or Platinum since I was lifetime plat? And will that show for SPG status as well or will it be Gold?

If you're Lifetime Platinum, you'll be Platinum w/ Marriott & basic Platinum w/ SPG if you've linked your account.

Cheers.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:48 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold

Actually, your Lifetime status does transfer, effectively, once you have linked your two accounts. You will always have the highest elite level in both programs (up to base Plat) based on your highest elite level in either program. This should be the status quo until the two programs are combined.

Now once they are combined, who, if anyone, will have LT status is a good question and one we can only speculate about. My best guess is if someone has LT status in either program, they will have it in the new "combined" program. But there have been other guesses as well (i.e. MR will combine nights/points from both programs and only those who meet some "new" LT status thresholds will have LT status, MR could throw all previous LT nights/stays/points/etc out the window and start everyone with new counters, etc.)

No one who might actually know is going to speak up as they would probably no longer be on the inside.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:39 am

Does the Marriot site show points accumulated per year?

Hi,

I wanted to extrapolate how much more time it will take me to achieve lifetime status at Marriot using this year as a normal run rate for accumulating points.

The web site indicates how many transactions I have had related to points, but short of using a calculator to add up all 97 transactions in 2016 I do not see a way to get a summary of how many points have been attained in a year.

Am I overlooking something? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks....Mike
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:36 am

Lifetime Qualification Changes?

Is there any concern that with the merger the lifetime qualification stats will change, for better or worse? I have enough points for lifetime plat, but am still about 150 nights away, which will be hard for me to hit this year. Thoughts on pushing to achieve it, or wait and see what the new program does?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JCrew7384
Is there any concern that with the merger the lifetime qualification stats will change, for better or worse? I have enough points for lifetime plat, but am still about 150 nights away, which will be hard for me to hit this year. Thoughts on pushing to achieve it, or wait and see what the new program does?
Of course people are concerned (including me) but no one knows if there will be changes and if there are, what they will be - until they are announced.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by JCrew7384
I am in the same boat and thinking of scheduling some "meetings" for the qualifying nights. I find it unlikely that the current threshold will stay the same and am banking on that they will grandfather existing lifetime plats. I know it is a big assumption but to me it is worth the risk.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I am 64K points and 28 nights away from Lifetime Platinum. With the 15 nights from the MRCC, leaves only 13 nights. I figure I'll reach the nights before the points but it should still be by mid-year. Have not received my MegaBonus points yet. Should make it to the finish line before any changes, if any, are made.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by danola
I am 64K points and 28 nights away from Lifetime Platinum. With the 15 nights from the MRCC, leaves only 13 nights. I figure I'll reach the nights before the points but it should still be by mid-year. Have not received my MegaBonus points yet. Should make it to the finish line before any changes, if any, are made.
Im almost in the same boat. I need 41 more nights and Ill make it to lifetime platinum. Im already there with the pts!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Actually, your Lifetime status does transfer, effectively, once you have linked your two accounts. You will always have the highest elite level in both programs (up to base Plat) based on your highest elite level in either program. This should be the status quo until the two programs are combined.

Now once they are combined, who, if anyone, will have LT status is a good question and one we can only speculate about. My best guess is if someone has LT status in either program, they will have it in the new "combined" program. But there have been other guesses as well (i.e. MR will combine nights/points from both programs and only those who meet some "new" LT status thresholds will have LT status, MR could throw all previous LT nights/stays/points/etc out the window and start everyone with new counters, etc.)

No one who might actually know is going to speak up as they would probably no longer be on the inside.
I find it hard to believe that they would be willing to piss off all the Elites. I for one would redeem all my points and then go elswhere.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I find it hard to believe that they would be willing to piss off all the Elites. I for one would redeem all my points and then go elswhere.
While I hope you are correct, you've got to remember MR is a marketing tool designed to get people to stay in the hotels. Those of us who achieved LT status but are not maintaining current status probably don't drive all that much business. The idea of LT status is to encourage current customers to stay, not to reward past stays. We need to hope the PTB see that monkeying with what we were promised in the past sends a negative message to those currently trying to achieve LT status. Who would want LT status if the promised benefits are quickly and easily be taken away?

As someone who did renew Plat for 2017 but will likely be relying on LTP after this year, I hope you are right about them not wanting to send out that negative message, but the threat of redeeming all your points and gong elsewhere might be hollow, as your points are a negative on Marriott's bottom line and we LTPs might not be driving that much current business.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
MR has a history to dumping benefits that members have figured out how to use to their advantage. Such as BOGOs, EEOs, and many of the PP perks. So don't bank on them not doing the same once the programs are merged.

Given there are fewer programs to choose from, trying to buy our loyalty is not something they need to do. Many of us have tried others and determined MR or SPG is the program we like. Betting we won't go anywhere is a good bet. Those that are swayed by a few trinkets here or there are probably not the customers they want to court.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you're Lifetime Platinum, you'll be Platinum w/ Marriott & basic Platinum w/ SPG if you've linked your account.

Cheers.
Is there a level higher than base PT in Starwood's program? I'm not so familiar with any special tiers that they have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.