Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
You are basing you guess on what? A few years ago, Marriott made it easier to get LT by lowering the number of nights needed and eliminating the ten years of membership requirement. There has been no indication that Marriott has been unhappy with the reduced requirement or has a plan to go back to the tougher requirement.
Just a guess (it is FT) -- educated guess but I put equal weight on it not changing at all. I'm aware that they lowered the membership requirement but I would think that the fact that SPG has a relatively lower LT night requirement (and therefore a potentially larger percentage of their members are LTers -- maybe not) would cause the combined program to have a much larger LT base. I might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised either way. I WOULD be surprised if they made lowered the LT requirements though with the new program.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:13 am
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ehallison
I was told the same thing! I used the Platinum chat feature to try to get LT totals for mine & my husband's accounts. I guess we will call and see if we get a better answer.
SPG phone reps used to be able to give that info, at least they did several years ago. I happened to be chatting with a rep regarding upcoming reservations and she happened to say, "Wow, you have accumulated a lot of Starpoints over the years" and told me the figure. Flash forward 5 years, I called this week to see what the new total was and was told they don't have that info available. So, I sent off a note to Customer Service and hopefully will hear back soon. We shall see....
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
So much easier to get LT status with Marriott than others... especially airlines. Made LT top status with MT (in 5 years) vs only 70% of the way to LT G on UA ... only 17.5% of the way to LT top status on UA.

I wonder why Marriott made it so easy to achieve LT PT..... I would have expected to see 2000 actual paid nights + 4MM pts... or maybe even more. That would eliminate a lot of riffraff (including myself for the time being).
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmoore
So much easier to get LT status with Marriott than others... especially airlines. Made LT top status with MT (in 5 years) vs only 70% of the way to LT G on UA ... only 17.5% of the way to LT top status on UA.

I wonder why Marriott made it so easy to achieve LT PT..... I would have expected to see 2000 actual paid nights + 4MM pts... or maybe even more. That would eliminate a lot of riffraff (including myself for the time being).
Because of the competition. Starwood only requires something like 500 nights and 5 or 10 years in that status. So Marriott already requires more at 750 nights and adds in points instead of years.

I don't see how it's that easy. Just because it was easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. There are lots of people who only travel now and then and have trouble getting to even annual Marriott Platinum status, in which case it takes them many more years to get to lifetime. And the other thing is it that it's only that easy if you're exclusive to Marriott (while needing a lot of hotel nights a year), but not everyone is.

And I don't see how you're suddenly "riff-raff" if you got there in 5 years. 750 nights divided by 5 years implies you're staying well over 100 nights a year in Marriott, so you'd have the same (published) Marriott Platinum level status whether annual or lifetime, no?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And I don't see how you're suddenly "riff-raff" if you got there in 5 years. 750 nights divided by 5 years implies you're staying well over 100 nights a year in Marriott, so you'd have the same (published) Marriott Platinum level status whether annual or lifetime, no?
I think the point is, w/SPG it takes 500 nights stayed in hotels, period.

W/MR, your nights from credit card spend add to it, right? Don't your rollover nights too? Nights from the credit card?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:10 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Currently I believe that if a spouse transfers MR points to the other spouse's account it raised the lifetime points status of the account transferred to and lowered the lifetime points of the account transferred from.

I also believe that currently spg to MR point transfers DO NOT count towards LT status on MR (at least so far from other threads)

Has anyone converted SPG-->MR points and than transferred those points to a spouse? Do those points count towards LT points?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

W/MR, your nights from credit card spend add to it, right? Don't your rollover nights too? Nights from the credit card?
That is correct. CC spend, rollover nights, bonus nights, event bonus nights.... they all count. I never understood why rollover nights count since they were technically credited the year before. It's a true double-dip. Rollover nights count for probably 300 of my total of 1100 nights.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

You also have to have 10 years of elite status, one of which has to be Platinum. MR had years of elite as well, but eliminated that back when they reduced the number of points needed.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
That is correct. CC spend, rollover nights, bonus nights, event bonus nights.... they all count. I never understood why rollover nights count since they were technically credited the year before. It's a true double-dip. Rollover nights count for probably 300 of my total of 1100 nights.
Rollover nights started back when there was major cuts to business travel and MR needed to entice people to book their properties. Rollover became very popular and MR has kept them around. All these loyalty games are just that games to get our attention and give us something to chase (aka the brass ring) thinking they are really worth something.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:59 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
You also have to have 10 years of elite status, one of which has to be Platinum. MR had years of elite as well, but eliminated that back when they reduced the number of points needed.
Close.

I think that SPG requires someone to have 10 years of Plat status before they can get LT Plat status. And LT Gold status has no Plat requirement at all that I know of.

Marriott didn't have an elite status requirement for their LT status. They used to have a 12 year general membership requirement, but one could technically get LT status without ever achieving any elite status. They dropped the 12 year membership requirement at the same time they lowered the points/nights requirements about 8 years ago or so, if I'm remembering correctly.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
For those who travel a LOT, Marriott is easier than SPG - since bare minimum is 10 years elite with SPG no matter HOW much you stay/year. For Marriott, you could theoretically get to 750 nights before that.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Please help me out here, as I recently left SPG in favor of Marriott and am targeting LT status. I'm going to be right around 75 nights. Obviously, if I hit 75, that's 75 nights toward LT status, no rollover. But if I stop at 74, does that mean I get 74 nights toward status this year and another 24 next year, giving me 98 nights toward lifetime total?

I'm not overly concerned with whether I have Gold or Platinum status in 2017. Thanks.

Mike
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:28 pm
alc

Originally Posted by mikeef
Please help me out here, as I recently left SPG in favor of Marriott and am targeting LT status. I'm going to be right around 75 nights. Obviously, if I hit 75, that's 75 nights toward LT status, no rollover. But if I stop at 74, does that mean I get 74 nights toward status this year and another 24 next year, giving me 98 nights toward lifetime total?

I'm not overly concerned with whether I have Gold or Platinum status in 2017. Thanks.

Mike
you do not get double dip toward your LT status. LT status look at number elite status nights you get for all sources. Rollover night is to help you get status for the next year.

So, with your example, 74 nights will be 74 nights toward your LT status.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Rollover nights started back when there was major cuts to business travel and MR needed to entice people to book their properties. Rollover became very popular and MR has kept them around. All these loyalty games are just that games to get our attention and give us something to chase (aka the brass ring) thinking they are really worth something.
Very true, we are all chasing something "special" that many people can easily get (yearly PLT for instance). If we are all special, then none of us are special.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; United Platinum; AA Gold
Originally Posted by alc
you do not get double dip toward your LT status. LT status look at number elite status nights you get for all sources. Rollover night is to help you get status for the next year.

So, with your example, 74 nights will be 74 nights toward your LT status.
Are you positive? I thought roll over nights count towards LT status

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.