Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With less competition, I think things will get tighter...
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TommyC80
I really think the combined program needs a lifetime level above platinum. A meaningful lifetime level. Not the BS that is Platinum Premier today.

Something that includes for example: suite night awards, suite upgrades at RCs extra points, etc.
I've never seen a program that has lifetime level that doesn't exist as an annual level.

So you're putting the cart before the horse IMHO.

First, they have to create an annual level that has benefits above what annual MR Platinum currently has, for them to be able to even consider creating a lifetime level that's above lifetime Platinum.

There are lots of programs that have some levels only in annual form and not lifetime form (including Platinum Premier at Marriott), but I've never heard of a program that has levels that exist only in lifetime form but not in annual form.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I've never seen a program that has lifetime level that doesn't exist as an annual level.

First, they have to create an annual level that has benefits above what annual MR Platinum currently has, for them to be able to even consider creating a lifetime level that's above lifetime Platinum.

There are lots of programs that have some levels only in annual form and not lifetime form (including Platinum Premier at Marriott), but I've never heard of a program that has levels that exist only in lifetime form but not in annual form.
UA Global Services would be the closest thing. It's invite only from an annual perspective (e.g. no published qualification criteria)...like PP. However, one can earn lifetime GS after 4MM UA flight miles, whereas you cannot earn lifetime PP from MR/RCR.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

No, they don't have to have an annual level that matches the lifetime level. Granted, that is all we are used to seeing, but it would be fine to offer a benefit for those that have LT status that is not available to others, say confirmed suite upgrade at time of booking. That might be something to entice making LT status quicker than just letting it happen over time.

We'll see how the MR/SPG transition plays out.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
They already have a pretty good template for that in the legacy SPG 50/75/100 night benefits tiers. I predict that the combined program will keep a similar tiered benefits escalation structure for platinums under the combined program.

If I had to guess (and it's only a guess), the combined program will grandfather everyone's lifetime elite level from either legacy program at a certain date (e.g. January 1, 2018, etc.). So if you're lifetime Plat with SPG at the cutoff date you'll be grandfathered as lifetime plat in the combined program.

Then beyond that they'll combine the lifetime nights totals from both programs and establish some new tiers. Another guess:

500 total lifetime nights (total of both legacy programs) = lifetime gold
750 = lifetime plat
1000 = lifetime plat 50 (10 Suite Night Awards, Gift Gold status, 1 Free Night)
1250 = lifetime plat 75 (additional points per $ spent, Your 24)
1500 = lifetime plat 100 (ambassador/concierge)

They might also have total points requirements to go along with these levels that would be based on the combined total points earned in both programs (using the 3:1 conversion ratio for legacy SPG points of course) so you'd need (yet another guess):

1.6 Million points for lifetime gold
2 Million for lifetime plat
2.4 Million for lifetime plat 50
2.8 Million for lifetime plat 75
3.2 Million for lifetime plat 100

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Sep 24, 2016 at 8:27 am
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:34 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
With the merger final, I started looking at both LT SPG and LT MR and I was wondering about the language on the chart for LT MR. The last line now says "Guaranteed lounge access and breakfast for two" and there is a hyperlink. Didn't the old terms just talk about Lounge access? I know some properties limited it to 2 for lounge access but I found most places extended lounge access across all occupants in all booked rooms. I wonder now if all properties will start with Lounge +1 access.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kklems
With the merger final, I started looking at both LT SPG and LT MR and I was wondering about the language on the chart for LT MR. The last line now says "Guaranteed lounge access and breakfast for two" and there is a hyperlink. Didn't the old terms just talk about Lounge access? I know some properties limited it to 2 for lounge access but I found most places extended lounge access across all occupants in all booked rooms. I wonder now if all properties will start with Lounge +1 access.
Properties will continue to do what they want... Some will draw the line at the minimum (or less) and some will over-deliver. I've always gone with what was booked in the room. That's why I always hedge the bet and even when travelling alone, I book the room for two (if not rate difference) so I'd have some flexibility in my plans.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
They already have a pretty good template for that in the legacy SPG 50/75/100 night benefits tiers. I predict that the combined program will keep a similar tiered benefits escalation structure for platinums under the combined program.

If I had to guess (and it's only a guess), the combined program will grandfather everyone's lifetime elite level from either legacy program at a certain date (e.g. January 1, 2018, etc.). So if you're lifetime Plat with SPG at the cutoff date you'll be grandfathered as lifetime plat in the combined program.

Then beyond that they'll combine the lifetime nights totals from both programs and establish some new tiers. Another guess:

500 total lifetime nights (total of both legacy programs) = lifetime gold
750 = lifetime plat
1000 = lifetime plat 50 (10 Suite Night Awards, Gift Gold status, 1 Free Night)
1250 = lifetime plat 75 (additional points per $ spent, Your 24)
1500 = lifetime plat 100 (ambassador/concierge)

They might also have total points requirements to go along with these levels that would be based on the combined total points earned in both programs (using the 3:1 conversion ratio for legacy SPG points of course) so you'd need (yet another guess):

1.6 Million points for lifetime gold
2 Million for lifetime plat
2.4 Million for lifetime plat 50
2.8 Million for lifetime plat 75
3.2 Million for lifetime plat 100
LOL, guess i qualify for LT plat 100 between the two programs

But i really don't think Marriott will create a plat 50, 75, 100 program. They've never had to for their Marriott program before the merger and with less competition they have even less reason to. LT SPG will likely go bye bye in 2018 just like the old CO LT status after United bought out CO.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
points converted/transferred in from SPG counting towards LT status?

I'm sure I wont be unique so thought I'd ask someone to check this out.

I'm at the LT plat nights threshold but short points (partly because I also stay at SPG a lot and I have quite a lot of SPG points in my account)

if the points transferred in from SPG count towards lifetime status this would make a crucial difference for me and allow me to get my Lifetime Status sorted this year- which I think would be wise before any program changes are announced!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catharsis

I'm at the LT plat nights threshold but short points (partly because I also stay at SPG a lot and I have quite a lot of SPG points in my account)

if the points transferred in from SPG count towards lifetime status this would make a crucial difference for me and allow me to get my Lifetime Status sorted this year- which I think would be wise before any program changes are announced!
I was just talking to a coworker and we had the same question. Of course, the computer has to be smart enough - otherwise people will transfer back and forth a few times and bump their point count up drastically
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
Originally Posted by catharsis

Per another thread here on FT re: does transferring pts add to LT points?

"SPG to Marriott Rewards transfer also does not post to lifetime. Bummer."

So...to avoid that whole fiasco, they denied it for all and will most probably have some scheme to merge them...though w/ the pgms merging to be in '18...well that's a LOOONG way off.

For me, I will stay loyal and try to attain LT Plat in one pgm and assume (hope) when they merge the pgms in '18, I'll have LT Plat for both (or the one that emerges from the merge, that is), much like they are doing for elite status now.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:39 am
Suspended

How do you view Lifetime nights & points online?

i've been looking all over the website and can't seem to find it
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
i've been looking all over the website and can't seem to find it
Login to your account, go to Account Overview, click on Nights - it will give you a breakdown of your yearly stats as well as your lifetime points and nights balance.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Login to your account, go to Account Overview, click on Nights - it will give you a breakdown of your yearly stats as well as your lifetime points and nights balance.
thank you!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:37 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by MillenniumFlyer; Oct 11, 2016 at 10:53 pm Reason: Found answer in thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.