Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 18, 6:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FindAWay
Wiki Link
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old May 28, 15, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Quick way to earn nights...

Glad to see this old thread is still alive. I have a question for the group...

Thanks to my Marriott Timeshare and my Marriott Visa, I almost have enough lifetime points for lifetime Platinum (1.8 million) but am still far from enough nights even for Gold (418). Is there any way to accumulate nights quickly? Since I don't travel for work any more, I won't be able to earn them the old fashioned way. Thanks!
Old May 28, 15, 12:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by dsperling View Post

Thanks to my Marriott Timeshare and my Marriott Visa, I almost have enough lifetime points for lifetime Platinum (1.8 million) but am still far from enough nights even for Gold (418). Is there any way to accumulate nights quickly? Since I don't travel for work any more, I won't be able to earn them the old fashioned way. Thanks!
Best way I know of to accumulate points quickly is to get the Premier ViSA. Just for owning the card, you get 15 nights / year on your anniversary. Okay... So you'd still need to own that card for quite some time to get lifetime nights. Also, every $3000 spent on the card, you get a bonus night. $30K on the card = 10 nights.

Those are the only non-stay options I know of for getting more points. There may be others I'm not aware of, though. I think it's going to take you a while to get there.
Old May 28, 15, 12:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Mileage Plus Plat, Global Entry

Don't know how well this actually works, or whether you would feel comfortable doing it, but this is probably the fastest way I have seen mentioned.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-required.html
Old May 28, 15, 1:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM; UA Silver, Marriott LT Plat Premier, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold Club

Just (accidently I might add) discovered that with the Short Stay Exchange through II you actually get credit for 7 nights for each stay (so one week can earn you 14 nights). With the short stay exchange you can break up the week into two stays, unfortunately you will have to pay the transfer fee twice but for each stay (1-6 days each) you will get credited 7 EQNs.
Old May 28, 15, 2:18 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Platinum, Marriott Time Share,DL, AA,US,UA,B6,SW

Have a meeting!
I booked a meeting for one--me!-- a couple of weeks ago at a local Courtyard. Booked it last minute and they gave me a great rate ($100). Got 10 nights credit. Be sure to get a contract, which the sales manager did with me via email. It didn't post, so I called the rewards desk this morning. They called the hotel to verify and the nights posted within an hour. It won't get you points, but it will add nights.
This brought me over the top. I'm now lifetime plat!
Check out this thread:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-required.html
Old May 28, 15, 4:22 pm
NDN

Programs: Ritz-Carlton/Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by whistlindiksee View Post
Have a meeting!
I booked a meeting for one--me!-- a couple of weeks ago at a local Courtyard. Booked it last minute and they gave me a great rate ($100). Got 10 nights credit. Be sure to get a contract, which the sales manager did with me via email. It didn't post, so I called the rewards desk this morning. They called the hotel to verify and the nights posted within an hour. It won't get you points, but it will add nights.
This brought me over the top. I'm now lifetime plat!
Check out this thread:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-required.html
How long was the meeting for?
Old May 28, 15, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by NDN View Post
It's been reported as little as a one-hour meeting has qualified. Reading the T&Cs, there is no stipulation as to how long or a minimum rate. The biggest trick is getting the property to post it properly, if at all. There is a second system they must use other than what is used to post room stays.

Follow the line in whistlindiksee's post and learn more than you need to know.
Old May 28, 15, 4:54 pm

I told her I needed it for an hour and she booked me in for two, "just in case I got there early or needed to stay longer." I was there for about 10 minutes.
Old May 28, 15, 7:19 pm
NDN

Programs: Ritz-Carlton/Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by whistlindiksee View Post
I told her I needed it for an hour and she booked me in for two, "just in case I got there early or needed to stay longer." I was there for about 10 minutes.
How was the rate done? Was it hourly or fixed? I could actually use the meeting room for work if it were $100 for 6 hours.
Old May 28, 15, 8:03 pm

How was the rate done? Was it hourly or fixed? I could actually use the meeting room for work if it were $100 for 6 hours.
My understanding is every situation is different, with some properties having rigid policies and others not so much. I asked for an hour (and got 2), but I don't know if it would have been more $ if I'd asked for 3 or 4 or 5, given the last minute nature of my request.

I did call other properties in the area. The CY I booked was a little farther away from Boston (495 as opposed to 128) than some that were charging a lot more. At one, I was told $300, no matter how long, since they had to set up the room, blah, blah, blah.
Old May 29, 15, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premiere
Can't see Lifetime Points

I log into the Ritz-Carlton website and they do not have the capability to show Lifetime Points. Other than calling or keeping track manually (a pain) do I have any other options ????
Old May 29, 15, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premiere

I have the opposite problem - I have 625 nights and just over 1.5M points. Yours seems to be easier to solve, I need to spend $$$ to get there.
Good Luck !
Old May 30, 15, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K mm / AA EXPPlat / Marriott Lifetime Plat , Hilton Diamond (dropping to gold for 2017)
Originally Posted by danola View Post
I have the opposite problem - I have 625 nights and just over 1.5M points. Yours seems to be easier to solve, I need to spend $$$ to get there.
Good Luck !
Same here - which comes from being a government traveler (with the requirement to use the government travel card). 790 nights / 1.6M points.

Time will solve it...eventually.
Old May 30, 15, 9:36 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LTPP; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by danola View Post
Other than calling or keeping track manually (a pain) do I have any other options ????
You could pay or convince someone else to track it for you. Otherwise, there aren't any other options.
Old May 30, 15, 3:55 pm

My lifetime points show 0 as of today... I have stayed over 400 nights... anybody have any idea why this could be? The last time I checked it, a month ago, it had the correct amount of points stated there... but not anymore

Search this Thread