Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jxd
Kim is in the StR, trump is in the SL.
I know. That's why I mentioned that the media had shown a picture of the wrong swimming pool.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:05 am

"Guests hoping to snap a quick image of the famed leader [Kim Jong Un] were out of luck. Strict security was in place. For example, guests were banned from holding phones or bags, and told to remain seated.

Kim went straight to the hotel's elevators without acknowledging the crowd. A procession of North Korean officials -- including his younger sister Kim Yo Jong -- arrived shortly after." CNN reports.

I would be pretty unimpressed to be a guest at the moment.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
not sure if it was the caronline astor

the caroline astor is not a standard suite, it is a one bedroom suite with a separate living room. so not a junior suite. ]
that suite is pretty nice, but once they are out of junior suites they start trying to give you an upgrade to a deluxe room.

about the butler, the butler has a own key, so you can shower and just let them place the coffee on the table for the future

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've had upgrades to their standard one bedroom suite (Caroline Astor?) and to the next category, which is on a slightly higher floor, and to the next one which seems to be a bit different and slightly larger but still isn't a genuine specialty suite.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Stay at one of their specialty suite ... Knickerbocker Suite before. Its pretty much exact same layout like their St Regis Suite, but have better (supposedly) furnishing and one of their art collection on the wall
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by derpelikan
the caroline astor is not a standard suite, it is a one bedroom suite with a separate living room. so not a junior suite. ]
that suite is pretty nice, but once they are out of junior suites they start trying to give you an upgrade to a deluxe room.

about the butler, the butler has a own key, so you can shower and just let them place the coffee on the table for the future
Their standard suite upgrade pool consists of genuine one bedroom (senior) suites on lower levels, NOT JUNIOR SUITES! The Caroline Astor and the St Regis suites in this property are very similar and appear to be approximately the same size (to the naked eye, I don't know what the measurements say).

It is NOT true that the SPG Plat suite upgrade benefit is supposed to be a junior suite. [That would be more like the old HGP program, although WOH seems better this way.] The SPG Plat upgrade pool is supposed to contain select standard suites, which at most properties seems to be the lowest cateegory (senior not junior) one bedroom suite.

Sorry, but I don't want some butler person entering my room while I'm naked, and I also don't make a practice of undoing the deadbolt on my door before taking a shower.

Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by derpelikan
This property doesn't have junior suites, nor is there a "deluxe" room category. The two lowest categories are "Executive Deluxe" and "Grand Deluxe." The higher categories are "Caroline Astor" and "Penthouse." The Caroline Astor rooms are listed as being 4-6 sq meters larger than the others, all of which are the same size (a generous 50-52 sq meters).

Their standard suite upgrade pool consists of genuine one bedroom (senior) suites on lower levels, NOT JUNIOR SUITES! The Caroline Astor and the St Regis suites in this property are very similar and appear to be approximately the same size (to the naked eye, I don't know what the measurements say).
The Caroline Astor suite is bigger. It's the second category; St. Regis suite is lowest. The normal suite upgrade is to St. Regis suite.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:28 am

I know they're different categories, but I've stayed in both and I didn't notice much difference except for the label and one being on a slightly higher floor. [Similarly their room categories depend on the floor location, with higher category rooms not necessarily being much different from their standard room category.]
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I know they're different categories, but I've stayed in both and I didn't notice much difference except for the label and one being on a slightly higher floor. [Similarly their room categories depend on the floor location, with higher category rooms not necessarily being much different from their standard room category.]
Right. They may have split their base level suites into two categories to minimize upgrades ("I'm sorry sir, all our standard suites are booked"). That's a favorite Hyatt trick.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:55 am

The Caroline Astor suites are a little bigger in the living room area - it's the area behind the couch that is a bit tighter in the St. Regis suite.
and yes, Caroline Astors have better views.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:09 pm

I vaguely remembering the Caroline Astor suite having more of an entry way, with an impressive piece of furniture that had a coffee maker on top and contained the minibar. The color scheme was different too.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by M.dA.R.
It’s a cash stay paid for by the singaporean government...
since he is not paying for it, he wouldn't be entitled to stay credit & points....
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:34 am

I vaguely remembering the Caroline Astor suite having more of an entry way, with an impressive piece of furniture that had a coffee maker on top and contained the minibar. The color scheme was different too.
You probably had an even more senior suite then.
St. Regis Suites and Caroline Astor Suites have the exact same color scheme and almost identical furniture. (unless they changed things up recently)
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:31 am

Maybe, but it definitely didn't seem like a specialty suite, given that this was a StR.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
You'll get mixed reports on the JW. I didn't like it. Internet problems, several service slips. Not known for generosity with upgrades, reports of cuts to lounge offerings. But check the property thread for yourself, as some have loved it.

I personally like the SR, but agree the service slips below true 5* at times. I am a little surprised to see the breakfast criticized, as I thought it was excellent.
Breakfast is great if you like the previous customers dirty napkins, their half used jam pots, you like waiting 15-20 mins for eggs, you like your plate whipped away before you finish, having to ask 5-6 times for hot tea !
Of course all this is worth the wait in the queue to actually get into breakfast
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
Breakfast is great if you like the previous customers dirty napkins, their half used jam pots, you like waiting 15-20 mins for eggs, you like your plate whipped away before you finish, having to ask 5-6 times for hot tea !
Of course all this is worth the wait in the queue to actually get into breakfast
Huh. Never had any of those issues at this property, nor have I seen any similar comments in this thread or on T/A. But it is a common human failing to assume that your single experience is universal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.