Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Breakfast in st regis sg ... its great when its not very busy. But once they get full, service goes down significantly.

St regis sg do need to improve on this part.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Huh. Never had any of those issues at this property, nor have I seen any similar comments in this thread or on T/A. But it is a common human failing to assume that your single experience is universal
It seems also a human failing not to read quite a number of reports that complain of many service failures at this property, plus you also fail in assuming my experience as only once, in fact I stayed twice at this hotel and had awful service both times.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
They are also very unfriendly to those suffering nut allergies.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:19 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We've experienced this when busy. Impossible to get a waiter's attention.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:16 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Hi folks, anyone stayed here recently as i would like to know the likelihood of getting an upgrade (with/without SNA)

Also not sure if its a "new feature" but when i applied SNA they asked me to choose either or all of the following
- Caroline Astor Suite
- St. Regis Suite
- Penthouse Double
- Penthouse
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
They did upgrade up to st regis suite normally ... depends on availability.
But most of the times they quite full.

As for room, penthouse rooms is pretty much a grand deluxe room on the floor just below top floor (i believe they use the entire top floor for their kim jong un presidential suite.

Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xar
Hi folks, anyone stayed here recently as i would like to know the likelihood of getting an upgrade (with/without SNA)
They're known to be a bit tight with the upgrades, like most Singapore hotels.

For the non-SNA upgrade, it helps to book higher than the base room.
xar likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There isn't much difference between the StR suite and the CA suite, although the latter are located on higher floors. I've had upgraded to both. I wouldn't want to use SNAs for just a room on a penthouse floor.
xar likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:37 am

Recently stayed here one night for a staycation. I booked a luxury privileges rate for 420 SGD that included breakfast and a 100 USD credit. I applied a SNA and 5 days before my stay the SNA cleared and I was upgraded to a Caroline Astor suite. However, 2 days before my stay it was adjusted to a St Regis suite. I arrived around 3:30pm and was told my suite was not ready yet because the previous guest was a platinum and had requested a late checkout but I could use a Lady Astor double until my room was ready. At check-in I was also given 4 drink vouchers and the option to have breakfast via room service which was appreciated. 4pm late checkout was proactively offered. The St Regis Suite is a proper one-bedroom suite (70 sqm) with a smallish living room with a sofa and views in the direction of the Botanic Gardens from the 7th floor. There is only one bathroom but there is the ability to partition the toilet and a sink from the rest of the bathroom. The room styling is not my exactly preferred styling but is well done and the hard product seemed to be high quality.

We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant, Yan Ting and had some drinks at Astor Bar both of which I liked. For breakfast we ordered one Japanese set and one Asian set with the nasi lemak which were good but not amazing. The pool area is nice and was not crowded when we visited although the pool is rather visible from one of the restaurants. I think the location is a nice area but not particularly central. Overall, I had a good stay and would consider staying again in the future.
zzap and xar like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:47 am

IIRC, each floor will have 2 St Regis Suite and 2 CA Suite.

The StR Suite will be the curved part of the building, along with their Grand Deluxe rooms
CA Suite are on the square ish side ... along with Executive Deluxe rooms facing St Regis Residence building

On the Floor below top floor, those Suite become one of their Specialty suite.
The rooms become Penthouse rooms.
exploreaswego likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
However, the specialty suites are bigger, so they would have at least one additional bedroom's space included in the suite.

Also, in the past, part of the definition of their room categories and rates was the floor level, with for instance only the first five or so floors available as a standard points redemption. My impression also was that the SNA pool included only lower floor suites.

BTW, IIRC facing the residence building means looking over the pool (although there's some funny sight line with the roof of the restaurant and another pool that seems to be for the residences) versus being on the front entrance side and facing the side street on which the hotel is located.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:33 am

I believe the bigger suite is the Premium Specialty Suite.
(it was called King Cole Suite previously)

Specialty suite (previously Knickerbocker and Metropolitan Suite) however are exactly the same as St Regis Suite
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My impression also was that the SNA pool included only lower floor suites.
That's all I've gotten as an upgrade.

While they will upgrade, this property has never been described as overly generous with its upgrades
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:42 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
ok so i want a place in singapore that has a nice opulent room, amazing location (so no to sensota) and a pool. so while the jw has a pool, this place has amazing location.

is the breakfast honestly that bad? i stay at courtyards and do a lot of business in canada so i'm very familiar with awful mediocre half baked service, and i wonder if the posts about this breakfast are in contrast to a st regis osaka or a sheraton times square....how bad is it? i'm not needy i just want eggs and black coffee and a croissant. on a weekend. late in the am.

Last edited by cur; Jul 13, 2019 at 5:02 pm Reason: on a weekend. late in the am
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Of course not - there is a decent selection of high quality food in the mornings. This is my preferred property in Singapore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.