Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Roll Call: Report your Residence Inn 'social hour' offerings

Roll Call: Report your Residence Inn 'social hour' offerings

Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:16 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
I'm in the Mission Valley RI (San Diego) right now. They still offer their nightly 'social hour' Monday thru Thursday nights. My original plan was to stop by there last night to check on what their offering was (Monday's is their Sport's night supposedly with hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.) But we went whale watching yesterday and I just had to try Anthony's Seafood Grotto instead. (Anthony's is a bit on the expensive side, but we did enjoy it.)
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Last night at the Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland in Smyrna, Ga they had salad, cheicken and dumplins (and they were good) beer and wine. Food and drinks are offered 4 nights per week. Last night was my first night but from looking at the menu some nights are kind of weak but some nights look good.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
At the Garden Grove RI near Disneyland this week.

Last night was "soup", salad, chips etc. NO beer/wine. Offerings are only Mon, Tues and Wed. Nothing on Thursday.

Breakfast looked ok, but was overrun with kids (What do I expect at this location? LOL!)

The only reason I went with a RI is I am here for two weeks and wanted the "kitchen". I also need the points for an upcoming trip. Otherwise I would have gone Homewood (which I will next trip that's this long. Closer to my office)

Last edited by CarolDisney1; Mar 17, 2009 at 11:42 am
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Deliberate bump to see if Marriott is actually following through w/ their 'enhanced', 'consistent' offerings...

Report - location, date (nights (M-W, M-Th), what's being offered.

Cheers.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Anaheim... RI

If that's "enhanced" then... I would hate to see "decline"

November 10 to November 20

Breakfast was actually very nice. Lots of options, refilled quickly etc.

The "evening" LOL! Monday/Wed and every other Friday.

I only made one and walked in.. looked at the "overcooked" hotdogs, sad remains of lettuce in the salad bowl and "water down" looking iced tea and walked out. Advertised as "barbeque" LOL! HORRID looking! Never worried about getting back to the room in time to try again!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
RI Baton Rouge (Towne Center) had BBQ sandwiches last week.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott PP, UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Life Gold, WN A-List
RI Colorado Springs North (Interquest)

Offer Mon-Weds. No Thurs. Had nice BBQ (pulled pork), burgers, dogs, etc. on Weds. Actually pretty good. VERY friendly staff at this property, especially Kristine. As RIs go, this is one of the best I've stayed at recently.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Just completed a stay at the Residence Inn Burlington-Williston, Vermont. Arrived on Thursday, where they had their 'Tuned In' night, whatever that's supposed to mean. In terms of offerings, they had 'Baked Potato' night. Nice spread, potatoes with chili, broccoli (lovely, fresh, not frozen), cheese sauce, bacon and sour cream. My baked potato-loving, wheat-allergic mother was in seventh heaven. Got chatting with the food lady, and when it hit 7:30, got to take home leftovers... as in half a pound of broccoli and a dozen potatoes!

Saw the schedule for the month, Mondays are barbecue night, Tuesday's are the 'Manager's Reception'. Nothing it appears on Wednesdays.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse

On 3/24/10, the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse was serving decent burgers. The lettuce, tomatoes and other toppings were fresh. The cookies were good as well. I think that they also had hot dogs.

The burger wasn't the greatest I ever had, but it was good enough that I chose to eat at the hotel (for free) instead of heading down the street to Ray's Hell Burgers.

The only negative is that this particular RI is not able to serve adult beverages, thanks to Virginia's blue laws.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher?

Anyone been to the Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher lately?

Last July, they had the worst RI 'social hour' I ever experienced. At the beginning of the 'social hour', a staff member put out a ice bucket with about a 7-8 bottles of beer in it. He then emptied a bag of cheese puffs into a bowl, then promptly disappeared until closing time. Seriously, that was it -- a dozen or so beers, total, and a bag of cheese puffs.

The hotel did seem to be hurting - my coworker and I only noticed about a dozen other guests were staying at the hotel. We were served the typical RI breakfast (full buffet, with hot eggs, pancakes, sausage, oatmeal, etc) and never had to worry about not getting a table!

My guess is that this particular RI has had problems with USF students crashing their 'social hours', so I'm wondering if anyone has an up to date report?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 9:02 pm

Residence Inn Irvine/John Wayne Airport has hotdogs and burgers on
Wednesday. Also, you can have the usual chips and cookies. Very healthy
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Residence Inn Wodbridge VA

The Residence Inn Woodbridge VA offers food 6-730PM Mon-Thurs.
This week it was:
Monday: Lasagna & Salad. No desert, they did not get their delivery.

Tuesday: Make your own Tuna fish sandwiches, condiments, salad, potato salad, potato chips and chocolate chip cookies. I do not like fish so did not taste it.

Wednesday: Hot Dogs and chili dogs, salad, potato salad, potato chips and cookies.

Thursday: I checked out today but Thursday is always just cheese and crackers.

two drinks per person served by attendant, beer or wine, room numbers recorded.

The attendant and all hotel staff are very nice and maybe I just picked a bad week for my taste in food.During past stays there was no Tuna, and there were hamburgers and hot dogs on the same night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.