Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Hi all -

Been a while since I stayed in Chicago, but I think I am going to go back for a conference in beautiful late November 2022.

Would like a nice Marriott property good for eating / drinking. The conference itself runs busses back and forth to the McCormick center from most major hotels ... as long as I'm downtown it's usally easy transport.

Might drive from CLE but probably would just park the car and go cabs/uber when needed. (Or I might fly, not sure)

Can expense it to a $400 ish per night

What's good these days?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, MR, UR, Marriott, Miles & More
Anyone know why Hotel Zachary isn't available for cash bookings, but IS available for points? I've never seen that before.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by twoheadedboy
Anyone know why Hotel Zachary isn't available for cash bookings, but IS available for points? I've never seen that before.
When? Calendar shows cash rates available most nights except for some blocks in the summer, presumably conferences, weddings, or other events. If the dates in question fall into one of those time frames, I'd presume it's probably some sort of inventory management issue - a given number of rooms were tagged for redemption and not cash.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Well, then as a Chicagoland native with a toddler, do you have any recommendations for suggestions for families with toddlers to go visit?

David
Childless, I don't have any well-founded suggestions, but I'm sure your kids will enjoy it. After all, it is a toddling town.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chic...dlin'_Town)
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:22 am

Which Aloft in Chicago? River North or Mag Mile?

Upcoming one night stay after a concert at United Center. Don't want to spend a lot so going with Aloft.

Between the Aloft River North and Aloft Mag Mile which is better? How do either treat Bonvoy Platinums?
Old May 4, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays at Chicago Marriott Dtwn Magnificent Mile? I'm going to be there for 4 nights in late May -- Titanium status. Anything to ask for or stay away from? TIA!
Old May 30, 2022, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Rooms with windows that open?

I've become addicted to hotel rooms that have windows that can open. Seem to sleep better that way.

In my mind, I had pictured most of the Marriott properties in Chicago as having windows that open... but based on searching today, I'm finding that to not be quite true...

Only these properties advertise windows that open:
  • AC Downtown (the rooms with balconies)
  • Courtyard Mag Mile
  • Fairfield River North (website says yes, pictures seem to say no)
  • Fairfield Mag Mile
  • Le Meridien Essex
  • Marriott Medical District
  • Moxy Chicago Downtown
  • Renaissance Downtown (small windows on the sides but not the large window in the middle?)
  • Residence Inn Downtown/Loop (website says no, pictures look like yes)
  • W Chicago City Center
Anyone have experience with those properties or know of any others with openable windows?

Right now I'm leaning toward the AC, since I'm trying to be near River North, could book it using some certs, and might be able to secure a balcony. But would love other ideas...
Old May 30, 2022, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I've become addicted to hotel rooms that have windows that can open. Seem to sleep better that way.

In my mind, I had pictured most of the Marriott properties in Chicago as having windows that open... but based on searching today, I'm finding that to not be quite true...

• Courtyard Mag Mile
  • Fairfield Mag Mile
  • Le Meridien Essex
  • Moxy Chicago Downtown
  • Renaissance Downtown (small windows on the sides but not the large window in the middle?)
  • W Chicago City Center
Anyone have experience with those properties or know of any others with openable windows?

Right now I'm leaning toward the AC, since I'm trying to be near River North, could book it using some certs, and might be able to secure a balcony. But would love other ideas...
One thing to note about CHI and its skyscraper hotels - there's at least one species of spider that has specialized in spinning webs up high now in that town. Just wanted to let you know that.

David
Old May 30, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
One thing to note about CHI and its skyscraper hotels - there's at least one species of spider that has specialized in spinning webs up high now in that town. Just wanted to let you know that.

David
I feel risky leaving the curtains open at night - let alone leaving the actual window open at night. Sounds like a good way for things to crawl in my mouth.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:24 pm

• Courtyard Mag Mile
  • Fairfield Mag Mile
  • Le Meridien Essex
  • Moxy Chicago Downtown
  • W Chicago City Center

Stayed in Courtyard River North early this month and don't believe that the windows opened. But don't worry, the sirens every 90 minutes through the night will keep you up, windows open or not...
samosa likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Chicago Courtyard River North

Originally Posted by nitu000
Stayed there in September for a week. The email they sent 2 days before had gone to spam folder. Loud noises and water shut off during the day. After I complained, hotel credited 5,000 points.
Loud noise and water shutoff during the day, with 48 hour notice? 5,000 points sounds outrageously low, especially for a 7-day stay.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I recently finished a 4 night stay at the Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile in a suite on the 45th floor. The windows do open (a crack) sideways. Honestly, considering the city noise that comes through the windows to begin with -- not sure I'd be too happy about the even louder noise with 0.5inch open But everyone is different
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I've become addicted to hotel rooms that have windows that can open. Seem to sleep better that way...
Thanks for the feedback, all. It's nice to have a new fear in life, regarding the spiders. Now I do remember seeing them nesting happily on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Building... Always wondered what they would eat up that high.

I'm leaning toward giving the AC a try, though I may just go back to the Hotel Chicago (Autograph) since I did have a nice stay there last time.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:53 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We are visiting Chicago the first weekend in July, mostly for going to Wrigley Field. We have reservations at the Meridien Essex ($) and the Sheraton Grand (points). One night game, one day game.

plan is to walk part way to the game and catch transit, and take transit back to the hotel after the games. Was playing to explore Grant Park after the day game, until dusk and then find dinner nearby. Concerned about safety in the area around the Meridien, and reviews about the Grand. Everything else in the area is outside of our budget now, other than the Moxy, which we might book instead.

looking for advice on which reservation we should keep. We can cab/Uber instead of transit at night to the Meridien if that makes sense, but if it is a bad idea to wander in that area on a Sunday evening then we likely will stay elsewhere.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:00 am

We're cashing in a free 40k point certificate in downtown Chicago this week as a Titanium. Trying to decide where we'll find the best experience with possible upgrades and perks like breakfast or lounges. Considering Westin River North, Le Mer or spending about 20k more to stay at Gwen or Ritz. What would you do? Open to all hotels. We're familar with Chicago, so not picky with location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.