Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by ohmark
Rob, I stayed at your property when it first opened as a Ren, and enjoyed it. Your enthusiastic response here makes it even more likely that I'll stop next time I'm in Chicago (although your sister Ren on the river is very nice also!). One thing out of your control that I wish were better, is the availability of decent restaurants for dinner (other than the Blackstone's) within walking distance. Carryout from KFC is not on my usual list.
Ohmark-two very good restos within a short walk(doable in decent weather)are The Gage on Michigan and Rhapsody in Symphony center.
We cabbed it to two other places and the taxi was $7 including tip

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Oct 4, 2009 at 10:05 pm
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
They will offer a $30 credit for breakfast each morning for Platinums on the weekend. Was just there a couple of weeks ago, but after a major mishap at checkout probably will not return

Can someone confirm that Blackstone is still giving out $30 credit for breakfast for Platinums on the weekend? I thought they no longer offer that any more.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Have stayed at wacker and the mag mile.

preferred wacker - just far more serene than the mag mile, whose unending conference crowd seems to mill about public areas, being loud and obnoxious. Just getting to the front door feels like running a gauntlet.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Which Chicago River North property?

I'm an SPG Plat trying to choose among three Marriott properties in River North (Residence Inn, Springhill Suites, Courtyard). I usually stay at the Westin, but I can't get availability for an upcoming stay. I like a nice fitness center, high-speed internet, and breakfast. Are there significant differences among the options?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I've never stayed at any of these three, but I can heartily recommend the Renaissnace across the river from the Westin. It's not in your three options, and it's not in River North - but it's close, and it's one of my favorite US properties. I've done about 100 nights here and have always had great experiences.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
I haven't stayed at any of them, but the Residence Inn and Springhill Suites are in the same, new building. The Courtyard is much older.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
There are two Courtyards - one is much older, but the other, on E. Ontario, is almost brand new and is very nice. The old Courtyard has an excellent gym because it shares it with a high-rise apartment/condo building next door.

I've only stayed in the Springhill Suites side of the new SHS/RI building, and was very impressed. Very modern rooms, flat screen HDTV. I have no recollection of the gym though, although I'm pretty sure I went.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 8:28 am

Thanks to all for the info. Frankly, part of my problem was that I can never seem to keep Marriott's brands straight. In any event, I'm going to go to the Ren, which should have been on my list if only because it's the Marriott I can see from the Westin.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 9:24 am

I stayed at the Springhill suites and it was pretty good.Nice fitness center/pool on the top floor.Usually much cheaper than the Ren.
I put my boss up at the Renaissance.I stayed here 2 years ago.They have done an EXCELLENT remodel and I reccomend it also.
The Springhill is 3-4 blocks to the ren. easy walk.
Springhill gives you free internet/free breakfast.
Renaissance is a nice FS property at a higher pricepoint.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I stayed at the Renaissance/SpringHill comb property last year. Other than the fact that the lobby was a total zoo with tour group travelers everywhere, the property itself was nice. The place felt a bit like a college dormitory...a bit of a raucous scene, chaotic breakfast area, etc. The rooms were the new layout/style - clean and modern.

The Renaissance is one of the stronger U.S. Renaissances in the system. But I'm simply priced out of that one sometimes...if it's close to full, rates will approach $400/nt. all in. unless your company has a very nice arrangement with Marriott.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:31 am

I guess I got lucky. The Westin must be hosting something, because it's showing no availability, but the Ren is actually cheaper than its cousins across the river.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:25 am

No free Internet at the Ren-BTW.
They do have a nice lounge if you qualify,otherwise no free breakfast.
SPS/RI has the above.
Parking at all of them is outrageous.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: MR Gold
Chicago area - 2x normal rates for 1st week in Dec.?

I need to be downtown from November 39-December 4 and am not seeing ANY rooms available for under $300/nt at properties that are available the following week for HALF that! Is there a convention or some other event that I may somehow be unaware of and/or any suggestions on MR discount codes that may help? My colleagues were able to book at the FS on Michigan for $159 for 11/29-12/4 but the cheapest I'm seeing is $359, INCLUDING any corporate/negotiated rates!

Last edited by PSUMarkDC; Nov 9, 2009 at 9:32 am Reason: accidentally the first sentence
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:39 am

first week of December is when the RSNA annual convention comes to town (world's largest medical meeting -happens every year).

2 years ago during the same time, rates were more than just high -they were sold out for just about every major hotel when I tried checking...
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: MR Gold
Originally Posted by milefan
first week of December is when the RSNA annual convention comes to town (world's largest medical meeting -happens every year).

2 years ago during the same time, rates were more than just high -they were sold out for just about every major hotel when I tried checking...
Thanks for the quick reply. Just called our corporate travel office and the agent I spoke to blamed it on the holiday season and in particular spillover volume from Thanksgiving (since the rates are back down to $150 that following weekend). My colleagues must have just gotten extraordinarily lucky, then, since they just booked their rooms two weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.