Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Shelbourne, Autograph Collection, Dublin, Ireland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Shelbourne, Autograph Collection, Dublin, Ireland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mike2200

And for all those that have inquired there is NO lounge nor any plans for one. Elites will receive two drink coupons for the bar.
Do they also receive breakfast (cont'l or full) in the hotel restaurant? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Are the drink coupons per night or per stay?

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 3, 2014 at 8:43 am
Old May 3, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Re: Shelbourne's drink coupons and style of breakfast served:

Received two coupons-total (staying here 4 nights)

Breakfast is seven days a week and is a full event either ordered off menu or Buffet style (your choice)

Last edited by mike2200; May 3, 2014 at 9:03 pm
Old May 3, 2014, 4:23 pm

Shelbourne Dublin Ireland

Was there in February. Very nice full breakfast for plats, including Sunday. I wasn't there for a Saturday morning but I got the impression it was 7 days.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Checking in for 14 nights on June 1...stayed back in 2012 and enjoyed. However, I did try to book the Westin 1st - but unable. I'm Plat w/ SPG and only Gold w/ MR...

Looking forward to nice stay in Dublin - and also doing 5 days (w golf!) around Ireland - Ballybunion, Waterville & RCD...can't wait!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:49 pm

Ha, I've noticed the DreamRewards tracker before and only just now found a trip to store! Since I rarely visit big cities, most of my stays are $100-$150 a night and I couldn't think of anywhere I'd be for a week where the travel package reward would be 'worth it' for me to redeem.

Turns out they have something for everyone - a week on St. Stephen's Green? Yes please!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Restaurant suggestions walking distance from Shelburne, dublin

Checking in tomorrow wondering if anyone has restaurant suggestions within walking distance of hotel? Our appetites for food and alcohol are not what they were 20 years ago so really small meals would be perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by tatmtr7
Checking in tomorrow wondering if anyone has restaurant suggestions within walking distance of hotel? Our appetites for food and alcohol are not what they were 20 years ago so really small meals would be perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Turn right out of the hotel and go down past the 'mall' and you will find quite a few excellent little places. Every one we tried was great.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:24 pm

Thanks! Will do.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
Thanks! Will do.
For good pub food, try Sheehan's on Chatham St and for more of an upscale meal, one of our favorite restaurants in Dublin - Darwin's on Aungier St.

Obviously there are a ton of wonderful pubs around Dublin, but we do enjoy a pre-dinner drink at Cafe en Seine, which is very close to the hotel. Have fun! The Shelbourne is lovely and Dublin is always a great time.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by jtwiz
For good pub food, try Sheehan's on Chatham St and for more of an upscale meal, one of our favorite restaurants in Dublin - Darwin's on Aungier St.

Obviously there are a ton of wonderful pubs around Dublin, but we do enjoy a pre-dinner drink at Cafe en Seine, which is very close to the hotel. Have fun! The Shelbourne is lovely and Dublin is always a great time.
+1. You're spot on!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:27 am

Just checked in here. Was told no drink coupons since we got points. Stayed here last week got both as platinum. I am going to complain!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:43 am

Ok it worked. Vouchers are to be given out they are out of stock presently.
One has to ask though checkin today was not easy.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Just watched a 6 part documentary on the Shelbourne on Irish television (http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/theshelbourne.html).

It was interesting to get a behind the scenes look at how it works. There was a lot of focus on their perceived VIPs. No mention of Gold/plats when they were allocating upgrades etc. They did feature some big night stayers on a couple of episodes, was wondering if any were FTers!

Worth a watch anyway!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:35 pm
Community Director Emerita

We spent a night here and were given full breakfast as a platinum. We were not offered drink coupons.

I had seen online that I had been upgraded to a heritage park suite several days before my stay. I was delighted as that was a more significant upgrade than I had seen on this thread. I continued to see that upgrade thru the day of check in. I commented on the nice upgrade on checking in. It was affirmed by the check in agent. You can tell what's coming. Sure enough we got to the room and it was no suite. They had sold out that night and someone paid for the suite. Fair enough, but the agent should have been straightforward about it.

Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It is Ireland's only 2 star Michelin restaurant. Lunch is a great value, 40 euros for 2 courses and 50 euros for 3.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
I'm looking at using points to stay here for a night in July with my wife and daughter.

It seems that the only room type available is the deluxe king - which sleeps two.
However, it seems there are 2 x double rooms, which sleep four, available when revenue options are selected.

Does anyone know if it may be possible to request a 2 x double bed room instead of a king on a MR redemption?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.