Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by bruno-s
I'm considering booking a family trip at this property for February. Since there will be kids have been looking at All Inclusive hotels. There are some mentions of this hotel being (at least at some point) all inclusive. Has anyone that stayed / staying there got during the check-in any mention about all inclusive benefits for an additional fee?

Also, how are the restaurant prices at the hotel in USD? Checking if worth paying all inclusive somewhere else or stay here and fork the meals cost separately.

Thanks
Paid $75 per person per day for All inclusive upcharge at check-in in March 2016. Didn't have kids, so not sure what they would charge for kids.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by MarkCron
Paid $75 per person per day for All inclusive upcharge at check-in in March 2016. Didn't have kids, so not sure what they would charge for kids.
that's an option. thanks for the info.

Last edited by bruno-s; Oct 3, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:39 pm

What kind of food was included for all inclusive? Usually that's
buffets and I only saw a breakfast buffet.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
What kind of food was included for all inclusive? Usually that's
buffets and I only saw a breakfast buffet.
There is a sit down restaurant in the hotel - Arrecifes - we ate dinner there most nights. This was the best option for dinner, by far. Entrance off lobby, and then you walk downstairs to restaurant.
One night we ate at the Sea and Stones - the pizza there not that good. This was out off the pool/beach area.
We ate lunches snacks outside, and this was off menu and not buffet.
Breakfast was buffet in El Palmar, which also offered buffet dinner, but we did not partake.
The cocktails at The Place Bar in the lobby were the best. Cocktails at Sea and Stones were bad.
I emailed the hotel and they sent me menus, as well as what is included in all-inclusive packages, before our trip.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:13 pm

There is a sit down restaurant in the hotel - Arrecifes - we ate dinner there most nights. This was the best option for dinner, by far. Entrance off lobby, and then you walk downstairs to restaurant.
One night we ate at the Sea and Stones - the pizza there not that good. This was out off the pool/beach area.
We ate lunches snacks outside, and this was off menu and not buffet.
Breakfast was buffet in El Palmar, which also offered buffet dinner, but we did not partake.
The cocktails at The Place Bar in the lobby were the best. Cocktails at Sea and Stones were bad.
I emailed the hotel and they sent me menus, as well as what is included in all-inclusive packages, before our trip.
Do you still have the menus? I called the hotel and they said they don't offer the all inclusive option anymore. I wanted to understand how pricey are the restaurants without the all inclusive option.

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by bruno-s
Do you still have the menus? I called the hotel and they said they don't offer the all inclusive option anymore. I wanted to understand how pricey are the restaurants without the all inclusive option.

Thanks
I do, and could send them to you if you PM me your email.

all prices in Mex Peso /March 2016

Breakfast Buffet 346
Cont Breakfast 207
Amer Breakfast (eggs/hash brown/bacon/toast) 256

Most dinner entrees 150-250
Rack of Lamb 420 - 790 * 395 supplement w/ AI
Ribeye 500g 450
NY Strip 400g 550
Lobster 500g 1100 * 550 supplement w/ AI

Pizzas 200-250

12 oz water 38
51 oz water 102
sodas 57
juice 70
Mex beer 63
Bud 77
most cocktails 130-160
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I do, and could send them to you if you PM me your email.

all prices in Mex Peso /March 2016

Breakfast Buffet 346
Cont Breakfast 207
Amer Breakfast (eggs/hash brown/bacon/toast) 256

Most dinner entrees 150-250
Rack of Lamb 420 - 790 * 395 supplement w/ AI
Ribeye 500g 450
NY Strip 400g 550
Lobster 500g 1100 * 550 supplement w/ AI

Pizzas 200-250

12 oz water 38
51 oz water 102
sodas 57
juice 70
Mex beer 63
Bud 77
most cocktails 130-160
Something to note with the current refurb many of the establishments are closed.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:59 am

I am thinking about staying at this property from after Christmas till January 2, 2018 or so. Should I stay at this property or not? Could anyone who stayed recently share experience? I understand that they are undergoing major renovations.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I am thinking about staying at this property from after Christmas till January 2, 2018 or so. Should I stay at this property or not? Could anyone who stayed recently share experience? I understand that they are undergoing major renovations.
Depends on what you are looking for. We were in the RBC and it was fine but the hotel, when we were there, was a mess. I wrote a report on TripAdvisor which gave my honest view.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Depends on what you are looking for. We were in the RBC and it was fine but the hotel, when we were there, was a mess. I wrote a report on TripAdvisor which gave my honest view.

Great review on TripAdvisor SomchaiBKK. I read 10 pages of the review before posting here and got a sense that if you are staying in the RBC, it will most likely be fine like you mentioned in here and on TripAdvisor review.

My concern is that I don't know if I get an upgraded room in the RBC, since I am using points (my status = SPG gold from Amex platinum). If I'm stuck in a room not in RBC, I assume based on other's review that the stay would not be pleasant.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:08 pm

I was PLT and used points. Upgrade, as there was 3 of us, was from a inland view to Ocean view. I would expect if only two you may well get a suite if available. RBC extras, breakfast and canapes/drinks, are well worth the extra IMHO
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I was PLT and used points. Upgrade, as there was 3 of us, was from a inland view to Ocean view. I would expect if only two you may well get a suite if available. RBC extras, breakfast and canapes/drinks, are well worth the extra IMHO

I will look into this. I did not know that I can book RBC with points. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I will look into this. I did not know that I can book RBC with points. Thanks!
If you call customer service they can assist with the points upgrade to an RBC room. Think it was something like 1500 a night.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
(deleting after reading previous posts in thread)
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
I stayed here earlier this year for 3 nights. Booked an Express Deal on Priceline and knew it was the Westin, and wasn't expecting an upgrade.

At check-in (which was super efficient) they upgraded me to the Ambassador Suite, and apologized that the Presidential Suite wasn't available.

They did not include club access, but the suite was in the RBC tower of the hotel. They did offer the option to buy club access, but our eating at the hotel mainly consisted of drinks and snacks out on the beach, which were actually quite tasty and reasonable.

The only way the construction interfered for RBC guests is if you rent a car and have to navigate the maze that is sometimes created when most of the work is happening during the day. Besides that, there were zero service interruptions, and I really enjoyed my stay. One of the most professional yet friendly Westins I've stayed at, especially given how low my rate was (compared to the lowest standard rate on SPG.com).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.