Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:43 am

Just about to finish a stay here. This is my first international marriott to stay at. They upgraded me to a view of the river on the 8th floor and of course lounge access (plat). Wish I had a suite but the room is nice, large, and great great view.

Lounge offerings are very good. Breakfast has 3 hot items and copious fruits and pastries. Evening offerings are very good as well with a vegetarian option a meat option and two cold options every evening. They also have cheeses etc. It does get crowded which is a shame and they do run out of desserts but the offerings are very good.

The gym here is very good especially compared to the Nobis. At least 10 treadmills and ellipticals, two different bikes, nice machine weights legs, hamstrings, lat pull downs, squat, chest press, shoulder press and the requisite free weight dumb bell set.

I like this hotel MUCH better than the Nobis and I would recommend this hotel when staying in Copenhagen.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: United GS; Lufthansa Senator; Delta Gold: Marriott Titanium; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
"Executive Lounge" is more like a tourist trap bar or a day care center than a lounge. Not much use for getting any business work done or lounging.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by MMA95D
"Executive Lounge" is more like a tourist trap bar or a day care center than a lounge. Not much use for getting any business work done or lounging.
The booze are free at the Copenhagen Marriott. They don't sell it. The fridge is open during the appetizer times and locked up when it is not so it isn't quite a tourist trap. I have pictures from my stay here.
Marriott Copenhagen Executive Lounge
Kalboz and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Don't want to sidetrack this Marriott thread, but a MOXY is opening up in Copenhagen later this year.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Hi everyone, as a Marriott Gold Elite, I know I would have daily access to the Executive Lounge with breakfast. However, am I also able to access the regular breakfast buffet in the main restaurant instead? Are there any major differences between the two breakfasts? Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by glu800
Hi everyone, as a Marriott Gold Elite, I know I would have daily access to the Executive Lounge with breakfast. However, am I also able to access the regular breakfast buffet in the main restaurant instead? Are there any major differences between the two breakfasts? Thanks.
No they only offer the executive lounge. The lounge is now next to the restaurant, and catered from the same kitchen.

While there are no made to order options in the lounge, there are plenty of hot and cold options to make a full breakfast out of it. You are probably not going to miss much You not going to the restaurant.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No they only offer the executive lounge. The lounge is now next to the restaurant, and catered from the same kitchen.

While there are no made to order options in the lounge, there are plenty of hot and cold options to make a full breakfast out of it. You are probably not going to miss much You not going to the restaurant.
Great, thanks for the clarification! ^^
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:59 am
Community Director Emerita

I had a two night stay and am rather ambivalent about the property. The hotel is large, on the canal front, a bit isolated from other businesses. Half the rooms face the canal. It's a totally different experience as to whether one has a water view or looks over the parking lot, construction, and city. I had booked a suite with points. It was spacious and well appointed. However, we had no view. I thought that the executive lounge would face the water. It didn't. And it was very crowded, not a pleasant place to linger. There is an outside seating area by the lobby meant for smokers. The weather was good, the days were long, and it made a pleasant place to sit. There was no waiter service which seemed odd. We were moved to a water view suite on the second evening. That made a big difference in our enjoyment. Folks were out enjoying the spring weather, using the canal mostly by boat, or seated along it. It was great to pull a chair up to the window and enjoy the water action.

Staff with whom we interacted were not local. It seemed we usually got misinformation. For example, the concierge told us the wrong location for the ferry to Oslo. Yet when we called the ferry line we were told that everyone knew where they docked.

The hop on hop off bus stopped immediately outside the hotel which was convenient.

When we arrived, a Nordic Africa economic conference was being help in the hotel. We understand that 26 African countries sent their economic ministers. There were police with machine guns inside and outside the hotel, a bit disconcerting.
aussielori and Kalboz like this.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 8, 2018 at 5:04 am
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:50 am

Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:53 pm

margaritagirl provided an update on the exec lounge status for weekends. She provided more info than I need for the sticky so thought I'd post the extra info here. Thanks to MG for the info.

Executive lounge on lobby level open daily from 06:00-00:00 (midnight) offers:

Breakfast M-F from 06:30-10:30 and Sa-Su from 06:30-11:00
Afternoon tea from 15:00-17:30
Evening snacks from 17:30-19:30
Wine and beer from 17:30-21:30

Cheers.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I stayed at this hotel last week. Due to an early morning flight, I arrived at the hotel around 08:30. I could see from the app that I had been pre-upgraded to a suite, so very pleased with that. Unfortunately, the suite was not ready first thing in the morning. FD agent offered a regular room, but highly recommended that I wait for the suite as it would be a much better experience. I agreed and went to the lounge to do some work, then showered in the gym before heading out for some sight seeing. I returned at 16:00 and was given my room keys. I went to the lounge for afternoon tea before heading up to my room. I was surprised to find I had been put in a regular room (on the Executive Floor).

I returned to the Front Desk and asked what happened to the suite I had been waiting for all day. Agent disappeared in the back for 5 mins then said that they thought I preferred a regular room so I could check in sooner, but I could still have the suite if I wanted it. She apologized. I asked for the business card of the FD Manager and was given a generic card with no name on it.

The suite was beautiful but with no view. Well, I was told it was a view of Tivoli, and I could see a tower in the far distance, but my immediate view was a parking lot and construction. My welcome amenity was a bottle of water and one apple.

The lounge was very nice and had decent food offerings. Note that the lounge is now on the LOBBY level. (I know previous posts indicated it was on the Executive Floor.) Lounge was a good size especially since there are 2 more rooms behind the first room you walk into. The center room has 2 computers and a color printer, plus some additional tables. The far room has many more tables/chairs and an additional coffee machine which should help with the long lineups in the main room.

Hotel Concierge promotes buying bus/boat tours from the Grey Line desk set up in the lobby, even when I inquired about cheaper options. For example the canal cruise is 105 dk from Grey Line, while there are other canal cruises that are readily available for 50 dk when you wander into town. Note the Grey Line ticket is valid for 48 hrs (not sure about the cheaper cruises), but I was only at the hotel overnight so only did one cruise. I felt that I needlessly overpaid.

This could have been a good stay, but being downgraded to a regular room for no reason ruined the experience for me plus I never saw or got an apology from the FD Manager, nor was there any goodwill gesture made as a service recovery.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:02 am
Suspended

I am thinking of booking this property for mid-March. Do they really give exec lounge access to all Golds? I'm travelling with a friend without status who will be in a separate room. Will both rooms get the lounge invitation if I book them?

I hope this is not a naive question. I'm currently a credit-card Gold. I've concentrated on other programs thus far but am planning to give more business to Marriott as it increasingly works for me location-wise.

My alternative to the Marriott would be the Crowne Plaza. It surely is of a slightly lower standard and its location is worse. On the plus side I'm a top-tier elite with IHG.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanp
I am thinking of booking this property for mid-March. Do they really give exec lounge access to all Golds? I'm travelling with a friend without status who will be in a separate room. Will both rooms get the lounge invitation if I book them?

I hope this is not a naive question. I'm currently a credit-card Gold. I've concentrated on other programs thus far but am planning to give more business to Marriott as it increasingly works for me location-wise.

My alternative to the Marriott would be the Crowne Plaza. It surely is of a slightly lower standard and its location is worse. On the plus side I'm a top-tier elite with IHG.
Gold does not get lounge access anymore, you need to be platinum or above for lounge access to apply. Platinum in the current program is more or less equivalent to Gold in the old Marriott Rewards.

But generally yes, lounge access is for plus one and they don't need to be in the same room
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Gold does not get lounge access anymore, you need to be platinum or above for lounge access to apply. Platinum in the current program is more or less equivalent to Gold in the old Marriott Rewards.
Thanks. I was just about to edit my post, as I realized the post I took that info from was before the programme change.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryanp
Thanks. I was just about to edit my post, as I realized the post I took that info from was before the programme change.
But, the point is that all the credit cards will continue to grant you gold status. I have not heard of one that gives platinum status, but I do believe they give a kick start towards platinum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.