Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Victoria BC Inner Harbour [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Victoria BC Inner Harbour [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Be warned that the Leader Picture for this property on The Marriott site is of the Former Wonderful Top Floor Panoramic Concierge /Executive Lounge, however this has been closed, as such for a few months.

Lounge has been replaced by a 1st/Ground Floor Windowless Bunker called the M Club which appears to share its function as a Runners Go Through beetween the Kitchen and Main Restaurant.

A big let down after many years enjoying the excellent Top Floor Lounge.
I read the hotels response on the hotels website. Their complete disregard for your comment and response that was totally inappropriate made me drop them for consideration for my stay!
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL DM, AS Gold MVP
Stayed at the Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour last weekend and used some suite upgrade certificates. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite that overlooked the Fairmont Empress and Legislative Building. The room had an Old-English style decor but and everything was in good condition. My only complaint was Breakfast in the M Club Lounge. Seating during the Breakfast Hours was limited and food was not replaced as it ran out. Not sure if this was because it was a weekend but seemed odd. Loved the location of the hotel as it is walking distance to most of the sights in the Inner Harbour Area.
Old May 3, 2021, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
My friend and I had a 2 night stay here recently (2 rooms). We both applied SNAs and were both upgraded to corner suites, city view. We inquired about a harbour view and were both further upgraded. The suites had very much what I would call an "Arabian Nights" feel to them. We checked in after dark and could not see the harbour. During the daylight, we could finally see the water but it definitely wasn't close (compared to the Delta Ocean Pointe). Location was good. Very close to the bike rental shop, and a short distance from Fisherman's Wharf (a delightful area with multiple food vendors and outdoor tables which came in handy given the "no indoor dining" restrictions).

We were offered Elite breakfast in the Fire & Water Restaurant. We were allowed to choose anything on the menu up to $23/person. We went over by a bit, but were not charged for the extra. There was a nice, covered patio area with heaters for outdoor eating. Food was excellent (my friend raved about the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict). I'm attaching a copy of the menu.

First time here, and would not hesitate to go back.
King Chung Huang and estnet like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 5:13 pm

How is the renovated room? Their official facebook page has some updated guest room pictures but on Marriott booking page still has the old one.
Old May 3, 2021, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ultrawin
How is the renovated room? Their official facebook page has some updated guest room pictures but on Marriott booking page still has the old one.
I don’t think I had a renovated room. The furniture looked heavy and the decor was like something you’d expect in Alexandria, Egypt.

ultrawin likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 7:09 pm

This is the pic they posted on their facebook page. Will ask for a renovated room next time I go.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:31 am

Official website finally updated the renovated room pictures. (Amex travel has the picture updated awhile ago already)
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...inner-harbour/
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:40 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ultrawin
Official website finally updated the renovated room pictures. (Amex travel has the picture updated awhile ago already)
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...inner-harbour/
Victoria is high on my list of Canadian destinations in addition to Halifax once the borders reopen. I do wonder what the tourism industry looks like in YYJ now that it’s dependent on domestic travelers only.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 11:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just got back from a stay at this property. Attempted to use SNAs, was denied. Requested a suite upgrade via chat before checkin, and again at checkin, both denied. The hotel appeared to be fully booked - I tried checking to see if there were any suites available for my dates and no rooms were showing at all for that week and the week after. I was upgraded from a base room to a M-Club level room, but not the side that facing the harbour. The room is renovated, BUT... the bathroom was not. Well maintained, strong water pressure, but looks like you stepped through a time warp. For those who care, the TV is set up to do streaming with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Youtube, but the selection of normal channels is somewhat limited (mostly news, business channels, and a smattering of sports).

The Elite breakfast in the restaurant is as described above - I got a voucher for each morning of my stay, good for 2 breakfasts up to $23. In practice it's 1 entree + 1 drink (if you want coffee and juice, order the All-Canadian). The crab cake benny was indeed yummy, if on the heavy side. They are somewhat short staffed - the first morning I had to wait 20 minutes to be seated even though the restaurant looked half empty, as there were only 2 servers working. There is a significant amount of patio seating with heaters and fire pits, which was nice.

Lounge is still closed, but most of the snacks and drinks in the grab-and-go shelf of the lobby was complimentary (except the Starbucks frapuccino).

Overall, a pretty good stay IMO. I'd not hesitate to come back, although I've not tried the Delta across the harbour recently.

M-Club level room is renovated

The bathroom, not so much.

Crab cake eggs benedict

All Canadian

Black forest ham hash

Black forest ham + aged cheddar cheese omelet
margarita girl and bubbelbine like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed here last weekend and used an SNA to upgrade to a suite (which cleared 5 days out). I asked for a renovated suite and I was told that none of the suites are renovated yet! So it was Arabian Nights for me once again.
tomatogrower likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I stayed here last weekend and used an SNA to upgrade to a suite (which cleared 5 days out). I asked for a renovated suite and I was told that none of the suites are renovated yet! So it was Arabian Nights for me once again.
Well at least you had what looked like a comfortable sofa and did not have to look at that fake wood product floor and crane your head up to look at the TV mounted on the wall.

Last edited by schriste; Sep 10, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, DL, AC Gate Lice, WS, UA
Visited here over the weekend. First full house in 2yrs, booked king low floor, upgraded to M Floor city view, no suite that chaise thing is very uncomfortable and parking was full. M Lounge is still closed, breakfast still great (voucher is now worth $26) one of the elevators was out so waiting time was >5min and the big new Starbucks next door at The DoubleTree is open.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:52 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by YYCfasha
Visited here over the weekend. First full house in 2yrs, booked king low floor, upgraded to M Floor city view, no suite that chaise thing is very uncomfortable and parking was full. M Lounge is still closed, breakfast still great (voucher is now worth $26) one of the elevators was out so waiting time was >5min and the big new Starbucks next door at The DoubleTree is open.
Anyone with recent stay? Is the lounge still closed? TIA.

LAX
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Just checked out today.

Lounge is open. They have a few snacks, non- alcoholic beverages in the fridges, coffee, tea.

Breakfast vouchers for the restaurant were handed out.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:41 am

Official website states that parking is now valet only

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...bour/overview/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.