Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Victoria BC Inner Harbour [Master Thread]

Marriott Victoria BC Inner Harbour [Master Thread]

Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:54 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does this hotel still have a lounge? If so, is it open 7 days a week? What is the breakfast like, and what other services does it provide?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does this hotel still have a lounge? If so, is it open 7 days a week? What is the breakfast like, and what other services does it provide?
Yes- as of May it had a lounge open 7 days a week with the exception of the Christmas season.

The breakfast is good- buffet style- and quite a large layout.

There is also an afternoon tea (I think), and a dessert service after dinner (from 20:00-22:00).

Basic Conceirge services are also provided.

While not on par with the Entree Gold lounge at the Fairmont Empress, it is still a very good lounge by Marriott standards- and has an excellent view.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:48 pm

I'm currently staying at this property now... will be here for the next 5 nights if you guys have any questions. High speed internet is extremely fast, and provided comp without even requesting it.

The front desk at check-in was absolutely wonderful. Upon arrival had a small welcome note from the hotel G.M. (Francis M.) that was handed to me.

Checked into the 16th floor (where they have the concierge lounge) in a corner room with balcony... upgrade from the room that I booked. Appears that only the upper floors have a view of the inner harbour as there are large buildings appearing to obstruct the view from lower floors.

Food in the lounge is among the very best I have ever had at a Marriott lounge:

Breakfast was good, pancakes, eggs, french vanilla yogurt (in a bowl... looks like it was specialty made by the hotel) as well as pre-packaged yogurts, fresh grenolla was available, fruit - strawberries, melon, apples, etc.

Dinner last night was pork with a very nice sauce, dried bread ovals and spice (very tasty), mushrooms, eggplants, red and green peppers, cheese and crackers, carrots with dip, a selection of sodas juices, milk, water, etc. (also available at breakfast).

Dinner tonight was chicken with a nice sauce, dried bread ovals and spice (very tasty), mushrooms, eggplants, red and green peppers, cheese and crackers, carrots with dip, a selection of sodas juices, milk, water, etc. (also available at breakfast).

Dessert both nights was cookies, fruit and other pastries (lemon tarts, and one I cannot pronounce). A little boy asked for some cinnamon rolls, and Pamela the concierge went out of her way just to make him smile calling around the hotel. ^

Considering yesterday was a Sunday, appears the lounge is open on weekends.

The manners of all the concierge staff are excellent. Michael & Phillip (same name as me) always greets me when I enter and exit. Clean-up service after finishing a meal is fast.

Room service (16th floor June 15th) went above and beyond. Came back three different times to try to prepare the room as I spent most of the day inside the hotel. My wife asked for extra conditioner and the maid left several bottles.

Weather seems a little cool in BC ... wearing a light jacket and at night it is cooling down quite a bit, however there has been no rain no rain.

Last edited by phil398437; Jun 15, 2010 at 6:29 pm
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

That sounds great. We'll be there in a few days. You've got me looking forward to it.

How far is the walk tp the hotel from the dock where the ferry from Bellingham arrives in the Inner Harbor?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:22 am

That sounds great. We'll be there in a few days. You've got me looking forward to it.

How far is the walk tp the hotel from the dock where the ferry from Bellingham arrives in the Inner Harbor?
Haven't been on the Ferry yet, but the walk to the inner harbour is only about 5 minutes. Very short distance to get to the I.H. which is central to everything. Last time I was down they had many street vendors selling hand-crafted wares along the harbour with several musicians (talent varies)

Few "musts" I would say: Bouchard Gardens, Beacon Hill Park (massive park with lots of wildlife), Inner Harbour Walks, Parliament Buildings.

Still need to experience the Ziplining and Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont.

San-diego, if your here before the 19th maybe I will see you in the lounge.

Last edited by phil398437; Jun 15, 2010 at 12:40 am
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arriving from Bellingham- the walk from the Inner Harbour would be around 10 minutes- walk towards the Empress, turn right on to Humboldt street- follow Humboldt down, cross Douglas- you will see the hotel on your left hand side just past the car rental companies and the Executive House Hotel (tall yellow tower). Taxi would be around $8 CAD plus tip and is available on arrival easily.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Thumbs up quick trip report - Nov 2011

A quick update on this thread - my family and I just spent 4 very nice nights at the Victoria BC Inner Harbour. All that has been posted here is true. The hotel is quite nice, the lounge is very good with excellent service. Rooms were clean and well kept, and housekeeping was thorough. Front desk staff and concierge were uniformly helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

The lounge is up high enough to have a wonderful view of the surrounding area, including the very scenic harbor and mountains (assuming the weather cooperates). The food selection in the evenings is plentiful - you should have no trouble making a meal of it should you choose to do so.

We arrived on Vancouver Island via the ferries out at Swartz Bay, and had no trouble navigating the public transportation system to get around. $2.50 one way and the bus drops you less than a block from the hotel's front door.

One note - the lounge is closing for the holiday season - if I recall correctly it's closed as of today for the next month or so, so if you'll be traveling there soon and this is important to you, check their website for any updates.

Cheers!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:13 pm
DH

I had a nice two nights stay earlier this month. ^ In addition to what others commented, there is a self service laundry on second floor near gym/swimming pool.

Here are my pictures of the hotel -
https://picasaweb.google.com/1062426...eat=directlink
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Does anyone have recent experience staying at this hotel - particularly regarding the concierge lounge? I will be there for a four night stay next month and am curious what to expect. I read a recent review (from May 2013) in tripadvisor where someone said the evening lounge offerings were "sparse". That surprised me as it conflicts with the reviews I saw in this thread.

Regards.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by GoingGal
Does anyone have recent experience staying at this hotel - particularly regarding the concierge lounge? I will be there for a four night stay next month and am curious what to expect. I read a recent review (from May 2013) in tripadvisor where someone said the evening lounge offerings were "sparse". That surprised me as it conflicts with the reviews I saw in this thread.

Regards.
Can't address during the week, but fyi re: the weekend (from the exec lounge sticky)

* Victoria / Marriott Inner Harbour / CLOSED; Voucher for cont'l brekkie for 2 in restaurant; $4+tax upcharge to full buffet; 07/07/13 update

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Average Marriott

We had a room on the 14th floor with a balcony. The balcony was rather useless as it had no chairs on it and the in-room furniture was too large to fit through the door. The room was, otherwise, a typical Marriott room. The view was of the city and the water in the distance. The location is excellent, about a 5 minute walk to the waterfront. The concierge lounge was good for both the evening and morning services. Evening service consisted of cheeses, crackers, an artichoke dip and some sort of hot pork dish. I was disappointed that the lounge did not have the vermouth to make a martini, despite having martini glasses and a shaker. The lounge attendant said she didn't know what vermouth or a martini was. Another guest was equally astonished. And the price of a drink is WAY, WAY over the top at $10 plus a couple of dollars tax. Simply outrageous as I never paid more than $8 for a drink in any of the restaurants in Victoria. The morning service was pretty standard with scrambled eggs, bagels, croissants, and some cold cuts.

If returning to Victoria, I'm not sure we would stay there. There are other hotels with more rooms having great views of the Inner Harbour and don't charge guests over $10 for a drink.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Were you there on a weekend? If so, was the lounge open or closed? If closed, did you get cont'l or full breakfast in the restaurant? Please advise & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Were you there on a weekend? If so, was the lounge open or closed? If closed, did you get cont'l or full breakfast in the restaurant? Please advise & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
We were there on a weekday.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I couldn't find a more recent thread for this property, so I'm posting it here.

The concierge lounge on the 16th floor has now closed. A new M Club has opened, behind the renovated Fire & Water restaurant.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:23 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Inner Harbout Marriott - Victoria BC Canada..Misleading Pic on Header Page

Be warned that the Leader Picture for this property on The Marriott site is of the Former Wonderful Top Floor Panoramic Concierge /Executive Lounge, however this has been closed, as such for a few months.

Lounge has been replaced by a 1st/Ground Floor Windowless Bunker called the M Club which appears to share its function as a Runners Go Through beetween the Kitchen and Main Restaurant.

A big let down after many years enjoying the excellent Top Floor Lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.