Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]

Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]

Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you don't get input & stay there, please start a separate property thread post-trip so it will come up easier in search for your fellow FTers.

Cheers. Sharon
Actually, I will post it to here as this thread already has a couple of comments about some of the hotels in this city and now there are 3 hotels in Lisbon under the Marriott banner in one way or another.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Anyone ever stay at the AC Hotel Lisboa and can provide a report?

Thanx,

NJ
I stayed there in June. I liked it. Location wasnt bad. Hotel itself was very nice. Big rooms for europe. I believe i got free breakfast as well.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Thanks, NJXBEAN!

Plans have changed, but I will remember that this is a good hotel.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:37 am

Trip Report Feb 2013

Just completed a stay at Marriott Lisbon, and here are some remarks:

1. Location

If you are depending on public transport, do your 'homework' before-hand. We arrive at Sete Rios train station, and you will have to find your way to the Zoo Jardim metro station integrated in the same building (?) with the train station. Then, get out from the exit directing you to the zoo. From there, take bus 755 to Universidade Catolithica. The bus station is right in front of the hotel. Alternatively, take the taxi from Sete Rios to the hotel. It shouldn't cost more than 10euro I guess, the hotel told me that the taxi journey is about 5/10minutes only.

2. Lounge

It would be the only reason for our return I guess. The hot dishes prepared during the happy hour (5.30pm till 7.30pm) are very nice, we had chicken for one night and another night it was lamb (refilled with salmon wrapped by bacon after the lamb finished). Complimentary breakfast for gold/platinum can be taken at the lounge/restaurant as you wish.

3. Room

Need renovation, especially the bathroom (it looks like a 2/3stars bathroom).
Lobby looks like it belongs to 5stars hotel, but the room looks like a 3stars hotel.

All in all 7/10, might return for the lounge and good price of 50euro/night=)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:48 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by imverge
I stayed there last summer and the hotel was OK.
The service was very poor, right from the telephone operator to the front office staff.

I would not return.
Just writing from my room at this property.
Yesterday I had a complain.
After all problems can happen, the importance is their solutioning.

I was really surprised by the professional and quick address of the issue.
I do not know as it was in the past but yesterday I get the service level was great ! Really impressed.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Volvic
After all problems can happen, the importance is their solutioning.

I was really surprised by the professional and quick address of the issue.
I do not know as it was in the past but yesterday I get the service level was great ! Really impressed.
Good to know! Thx!

Cheers.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there easy public transportation to the hotel from the airport?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there easy public transportation to the hotel from the airport?
Not easy, but doable.

There are a few buses, walking will be involved (5-10min) so if you have a lot of bags, it could be difficult.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
any recent updates on this property?

thanks !
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, M&M
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
any recent updates on this property?

thanks !
Have stayed in this hotel 2-3 times so far and definitelly will come back.
my summary below:
CONS:
- during first stay we found plenty of ants in dining area during brekfeast. alarmed supervisors and hopefully ants were removed in few days.
- drinks in the hotel bar are so-so...for us it was much better to go to Bairo Alto. Suprisingly bigger, cheaper and much better drinks outside of hotel!
- rooms are relativelly small - when having kids in room it was too crowdy. But just for single or a couple it's OK. For familly it's better to choose 2 rooms.
- both times we experienced very unproffesionall behavior of restaurnat/pool bar staff: they forgot about our order (drinks), delayed simple pool dish delivery (pizza) by 1 hour, etc...
- during summer time pool area is wonderfull - but really noisy - there is 3 lane highway just 50yards from the hotel and it gives a lot of noice, even if hotell is bordered by a lots of green from this highway.
- the highway noise can be a little difficult as well in rooms, even with all windows closed - so if you want to have more quiet room - take a north side, eastern wing.
- around the hotel area nothing really to do - so you need to get other places in Lisbon to: eat, drink, entartain or shop

PROS:
- great staff in reception, really taking care of you and your issues
- wonderfull concierge - Nuno - he acting on Lisbon Marriott website video - and really he is making the difference for customer service! just ask him for places and museums to visit in Lisboa.
- older waiter in restaurant - sorry forgot name - when heaving problems with other underperforming staff he did his job and was the good face of Marriott at that time
- as already mentioned in other post, executive lounge is very good, and usually good staffed with food, anyhow during busy months - variety of items drops down
- for us it was almoust convenient to use public transport / sometimes taxis - metro station is 10-15 min. walk from hotel and then max 15mins to city center. 2-3 bus stop less than 2 mins. taxi costs in Lisbon are really low - up to 10EUR to main turistic attracions: Jeronimos and Belem, including Bairo Alto, Baxia.
- breakfasts in main dining area - WONDERFUL - so big choice - even staying here for 2 weeks you will not stack with eating the same food (which is for example a case in most Marriott properties in UK).
- from money perspective they used to have very often promotions like 3 nights in costs of 2. So if staying longer than 2 days it can be even less expensive....
- wonderfull views of Lisbon panorama - both south and north direcions - really it's good to be there on top floors.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:45 am

Thanks for the update & pros/cons list!

Cheers.
Old May 20, 2014, 9:44 am

JamesEaston posted this in the exec lounge sticky. Since it provides a bit more info than what I need for the exec lounge sticky I thought I'd post it here. Thanks to JE for providing the info:

"Lisbon Marriott – Average size lounge on 17th floor with outdoor terrace and reception/concierge staff available during all opening hours. Breakfast is small but platinum can also eat in main buffet restaurant. Dinner is small but well created with small selection of alcohol, local wine and beer (but they’ll get you Heineken if you ask)"

Cheers.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:45 am
jxd

Any recent stays? How is the room condition like now?

Will be staying there for 4 nights next week, got a really good rate at 70E a night which includes breakfast!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Any updates/recent stays? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.