Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LessO2

Internet access does have option to log into roaming partners.

Anything else you want to know?
Thanks.
Do you recall if CL is open on weekend?
Your comment re size of room, was it an upgraded room or standard type? Do well do they treat elite plat or gold?

Internet is EUR19.95 per day in room (according to web). I will pass. Do they have a computer in either the CL or biz center where one can do online check in and print board pass?
Many thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:09 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
IIRC - the lounge was open over the weekend and there was a PC in the lounge with free internet access, but no printer.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Thanks.
Do you recall if CL is open on weekend?
Your comment re size of room, was it an upgraded room or standard type? Do well do they treat elite plat or gold?

Internet is EUR19.95 per day in room (according to web). I will pass. Do they have a computer in either the CL or biz center where one can do online check in and print board pass?
Many thanks.
Yeah, that's what I meant by "Open on weekends."

There is a computer there in the lounge, but I'm not 100% sure if it's hooked up to a printer. You might want to ask the concierge attendant if you can use her/his computer for that -- they're pretty friendly there.

Again, the internet access has logging onto roaming partner options.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 8:36 pm

Thanks for the info re PC being available in the lounge. Once my travel dates are firmed up, I think I will give this place a try.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by johnaalex
IIRC - the lounge was open over the weekend and there was a PC in the lounge with free internet access, but no printer.
According to their web site, the club lounge is no longer available on weekends. It closes at midnight on Friday. Does anyone know if they offer breakfast to club level guests in the restaurant on the weekend? They still seem to sell those rooms as Exec level.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Skyteam 777-
Where are you getting your info?
I just pulled up the Marriott web site and put in a weekend night, and it shows a room with CL access, and it says the lounge is open Sat.-Sun 6am-12pm. So it should be open every day of the week. 12pm, by the way is noon, so I assume they mean 12am or midnight. Something got lost in the translation.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by HookEm
Skyteam 777-
Where are you getting your info?
I just pulled up the Marriott web site and put in a weekend night, and it shows a room with CL access, and it says the lounge is open Sat.-Sun 6am-12pm. So it should be open every day of the week. 12pm, by the way is noon, so I assume they mean 12am or midnight. Something got lost in the translation.
This is all I can pulled from the hotel web site re executive lounge:
"
Executive Lounge

Other

With exclusive free access for guests staying in the Executive Floor, serving breakfast and afternoon snacks and drinks.

* Open for breakfast"

No hours posted, nor is it clear about open daily or not.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 5:14 pm

You have to put in a specific date on the reservation page. Then click on a room option which includes CL access, and it will then reveal the info I provided - i.e., open Sat.-Sun. and the hours it is open.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:29 am

HookEm,
Thanks for the info.
I logged on and plugged in dates. Then came the rates. If I choose room type with "Executive Lounge Access" (week day rate 213 EUR; 223 Eur weekend), then I see this:
"Please Note
Starting November 3, 2008, the executive lounge will be open Monday through Friday only 6am-12midnight."

By the way, AP rate week-day is 81 EUR and 88 weekend.

On weekend, the difference in rates (Exec Level vs AP) is 135 EUR. The lounge is NOT even open on weekend. Go figure (btw, this was discussed in another thread)
Old Feb 26, 2009, 3:21 pm

I had clicked on room details for a CL access room, and it shows the CL is open Sun.-Sat. But allset2travel is right, the reservation page also shows the words that it is now closed on weekends, which I had not observed. They need to correct the room details page so customers aren`t negatively surprised because they didn`t see the words pointed out by allset2travel.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by allset2travel
HookEm,
Thanks for the info.
I logged on and plugged in dates. Then came the rates. If I choose room type with "Executive Lounge Access" (week day rate 213 EUR; 223 Eur weekend), then I see this:
"Please Note
Starting November 3, 2008, the executive lounge will be open Monday through Friday only 6am-12midnight."

By the way, AP rate week-day is 81 EUR and 88 weekend.

On weekend, the difference in rates (Exec Level vs AP) is 135 EUR. The lounge is NOT even open on weekend. Go figure (btw, this was discussed in another thread)

You might want to post that in the lounges being closed thread, as it's a perfect example.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You might want to post that in the lounges being closed thread, as it's a perfect example.
Good suggestion!
Did a couple search in vain to find that thread.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any current updates on quality of hotel and lounge?

I called the hotel yesterday and if I understood her correctly:
Lounge only has service Monday morning through Friday night (not Sunday night)

Lounge open 7 days so that you can sit and read, etc. No service on weekends but I think she said cold drinks and snacks were available.

They no longer serve breakfast in the lounge. Platinums and Exec Level guests get free breakfast in the restaurant every day including weekends

Recent TA and other blogs I've read haven't given this hotel and the lounge a raving review: Breakfast in the restaurant is a madhouse--poor service, lines to get food..., there is no security to enter the lounge so it's overrun by guests who probably shouldn't have access and thus they run out of food, drinks early in the eve and don't replenish. Booze no longer complimentary. Mediocre exercise room.

Anyone stayed there recently and care to comment/update? Anything special done or Platinum members (eg drink coupons at bar on weekends).

thanks
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any current updates on quality of hotel and lounge?

I called the hotel yesterday and if I understood her correctly:
Lounge only has service Monday morning through Friday night (not Sunday night)

Lounge open 7 days so that you can sit and read, etc. No service on weekends but I think she said cold drinks and snacks were available.

They no longer serve breakfast in the lounge. Platinums and Exec Level guests get free breakfast in the restaurant every day including weekends

Recent TA and other blogs I've read haven't given this hotel and the lounge a raving review: Breakfast in the restaurant is a madhouse--poor service, lines to get food..., there is no security to enter the lounge so it's overrun by guests who probably shouldn't have access and thus they run out of food, drinks early in the eve and don't replenish. Booze no longer complimentary. Mediocre exercise room.

Anyone stayed there recently and care to comment/update? Anything special done or Platinum members (eg drink coupons at bar on weekends).

thanks
I stayed there for 3 nights in May this year.
I confirm the story you received from your call to the hotel re the lounge & breakfast. I received comp breakfast everyday. I found the restaurant was in good order. They did check ask for your room # before entering. I noticed the hotel had some tour groups stay here. During high season, I could imagine the restaurant may seem chaotic. I saw nothing of what you read.

About the lounge: Moderate size with tables spread out. Food and drinks were extremely limited. I recall there was beer availalble. Not sure about wine or liquor as I don't consume them. Water and soft drinks were available. There was one computer in the lounge, fee based! I was able to get my boarding pass printed downstairs in the business center which normally charge by the time. Since all I needed was to print BP, she did not charge me anything.

I found my room up to Marriott standard. I did receive an upgrade. No comp internet in room. The place is somewhat dated, but not at the point when it becomes disgusting.

Many (in forums) rejected the hotel based on its location (remote from city center). For the rates that I paid, I had no complaint. I used the buses (several stop right in front of hotel) to connect to the subway. In and out from hotel to city center can be done in less than 45 minutes. Very convenient indeed, contrary to public opinion!
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:18 pm

I was there in June, and agree with everything said above. I would like to point out that the computer in the lounge is completely free. I used it to check flights and some other future travel plans with out any issues. You do have to enter your room number to log on, but there is no charge asssociated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.