W Mexico City [Master Thread]

Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Construction still ongoing last weekend... Lobby still was a construction site, Restaurant on level 1 also not finished yet.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
Update from recent stay: construction completed in lobby. Stayed in newly (I think it was the first use of the hair dryer) remodeled room (not a suite) and liked it a lot. Lots of glass/mirrors that housekeeping kept pristine. Could tell that work was still being done, but no noise at all. Staff was great. Will be back.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ray1111
Update from recent stay: construction completed in lobby. Stayed in newly (I think it was the first use of the hair dryer) remodeled room (not a suite) and liked it a lot. Lots of glass/mirrors that housekeeping kept pristine. Could tell that work was still being done, but no noise at all. Staff was great. Will be back.
Was there a couple weeks ago myself...lobby does look fantastic. I was in an older room (the famous round tub/shower) but still looked good to me.

Guessing no pics from you on your remodeled room?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Guessing no pics from you on your remodeled room?
I didn't have any, but my wife did; I finally had a chance to grab a couple from her camera. The third one is the quirky light fixture above the bed that, in addition to looking interesting, allows you to take "infinity selfies" among folk art figurines. (It was particularly cool for this visit as we went to the Yayoi Kusama retrospective at the Tamayo Museum where they had a couple of her infinity rooms.)

Note: anything out of order was because of us -- housekeeping was pristine.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
The refit on this place is virtually complete with the new restaurant about to open in the coming weeks.

However, a word of warning to anyone redeeming their SNA's here.

Only the Cool Corner Suites and the Fantastic Suites are NEW.

The Marvellous Suites are OLD and have not yet been renovated... they're on older (upper level) floors.

I should also add, that both the Cool Corner Suites and the Fantastic Suites are not really suites as you know it. They don't consist of separate rooms. They are slightly larger (in some cases) and also have balconies and baths too.

In many regards, the basic level Wonderful and Spectacular level rooms are a decent size and more than adequate.

In short, do not waste your SNA here like I did!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:37 pm

Stayed here for a week on points (vacation getaway with significant other). Definitely recommended!

Service staff were all incredible polite and eager to help. Quick check-in. Also got a personal e-mail after booking the room initially + e-mail the day of the check-in.

Originally they put me in the 2 floor suite described in the posts above.. and that was a bit of a letdown (low ceilings, awkward configuration). Asked for a different room and got one of the "suites" pictured above. Single room but wall to wall windows, tons of natural light, great view, very happy with the room.

Platinum breakfast at J by Jose Andreas was delicious and free (omelette made to order + lots of nice meats/cheeses/pastries).

Dinner at J by Jose Andreas was subpar (highly recommend traveling around.. many top class restaurants are walking distance in the area.. Pujol, Quintonil, Biko. Porchetta Pork House which is just across the street was great for something more low key.

Beyond food, was also a great location for easy access to Reforma/bikes on Sunday and Chapultepec Park.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
We had a 'suite' too - with a circular bath tub right in the middle of the room. It strikes me that this thing is fine for a motel-by-the-hour for romance purposes, but is not really appropriate for slightly longer visits. In the end, though, everyone has their own tastes and that's what matters.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ajnaro
We had a 'suite' too - with a circular bath tub right in the middle of the room. It strikes me that this thing is fine for a motel-by-the-hour for romance purposes, but is not really appropriate for slightly longer visits. In the end, though, everyone has their own tastes and that's what matters.
Must have stayed a while ago. The only rooms that are not renovated are the top floor Marvelous Suites which frankly are not all the marvelous any more and those don't have the circular tubs. All of the other rooms have been very nicely refurbished. They haven't finished the top floor yet because they haven't yet decided how to configure it. Given the great views from the top floor it may make more sense to have at least one Wow Suite up there. They haven't quite decided yet so it may be a while before that is done.

I had also used a SNA to a Marvelous Suite but the front desk staff were nice enough to show me that and the newly remodeled floors and recommended against the Marvelous Suite. Was glad they gave me the option proactively as the new rooms/suites are definitely much nicer.

As mentioned, breakfast was also very good.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco

Must have stayed a while ago ... the new rooms/suites are definitely much nicer.
Yes, it was some years ago. Glad to hear that things have improved. I might actually go back now -- I liked the location of the hotel, but not the I-wanna-be-hip decoration.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Contemplating a stay later this month . . . anyone have recommendations among the Fabulous Room, Cool Corner Suite, or Fantastic Suite? All are relatively close in price.

Bonus points whether you would stay here vs. the Hyatt Regency.

I'm a Hyatt Diamond attempting to flee WoH.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Fantastic suite has a balcony. The cool corner suite is a long room with a sitting area at one end.

The Hyatt is a giant hotel. Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was extensive. The staff could not be bothered to bring drinks or anything. Gym and pool at the Hyatt. Typical all beige room.

Beds at the W are more comfortable. Same neighborhood. More interestingly decorated. Feels more intimate than the Hyatt with a cooler vibe. Restaurant is good quality.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Fantastic suite has a balcony. The cool corner suite is a long room with a sitting area at one end.

The Hyatt is a giant hotel. Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was extensive. The staff could not be bothered to bring drinks or anything. Gym and pool at the Hyatt. Typical all beige room.

Beds at the W are more comfortable. Same neighborhood. More interestingly decorated. Feels more intimate than the Hyatt with a cooler vibe. Restaurant is good quality.
Awesome. Thanks for the response. I will probably try the W, though it is considerably more expensive. A little tough to cut the cord, especially with DSUs left to burn.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
W is a great property, especially after the renovation a few years ago. Some of the more interesting & stylish W rooms you'll find!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
Multiple times in DF but first time at this property. What should a platinum expect? Is breakfast standard included or is it an option as the welcome amenity? Cheers
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I had a 2 night stay here back in April. Booked a basic room and received an upgrade to a cool corner suite - not a lot of natural light but decent sized room. If I recall correctly, I had a choice between the continental breakfast or the points; the breakfast was very good for North American standards. I also ordered room service one night, it was very good.

Originally Posted by jchacko2
Multiple times in DF but first time at this property. What should a platinum expect? Is breakfast standard included or is it an option as the welcome amenity? Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.