Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
Hey folks - I was wondering if anyone had the scoop on what's up at this hotel lately, as TripAdvisor has a couple of reports of people saying that renovations are happening with no notice to guests.
Not sure where on TA you are seeing any mention of renovations (except the hotel needing renovations) in any review. Hotel web page definitely has NO mention of any renovations. If they are indeed renovating (which would be a good thing) and not telling guest during the booking process that would be a problem.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:42 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by christianj
Not sure where on TA you are seeing any mention of renovations (except the hotel needing renovations) in any review. Hotel web page definitely has NO mention of any renovations. If they are indeed renovating (which would be a good thing) and not telling guest during the booking process that would be a problem.
I saw a couple of mentions of an active renovation taking place, as well as mentions in reviews on other third-party websites complaining about loud hammer/drilling noises consistent with extensive renovation. The latest TA review posted on January 14th has a note from the GM where he explicitly says that they have three floors of the hotel out of commission for the renovation, so their capacity is currently greatly reduced.

*Shocker* that the official Marriott websites and channels make no mention...

khabah
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by khabah
*Shocker* that the official Marriott websites and channels make no mention...

khabah
In the US you could likely argue the rate or get compensation if you stayed there and were impacted by the reno which is not mentioned anyway. In France, my feeling is that it will be "Ce la vie" and thanks for staying with Marriott and have a good "bonvoy!"
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
In the US you could likely argue the rate or get compensation if you stayed there and were impacted by the reno which is not mentioned anyway. In France, my feeling is that it will be "Ce la vie" and thanks for staying with Marriott and have a good "bonvoy!"
In Nice they’d probably charge you for all the rooms under renovation
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
hey - like the others said, there are anecdotes scattered around the booking/reviewing sites, some coming from the hotel itself, like the reply to this one

Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Méridien Nice with us on Trip Advisor.
We are sorry about the inconveniences you encountered.
Having 3 floors under renovation, our inventory is greatly reduced which is why you were given a room not in the exact same position as the one you originally checked in.
I'm going to email them and ask directly. If anyone is around and knows more, do let me know!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
And here it is, from the horse's mouth

​​​​​​​Indeed, we are actually doing some renovations that will finish by the beginning of May 2019.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Latest updates from GM's responses to TripAdvisor reviews this month:

"As for the rooms condition, we agree with you, they are tired. This is the reason why we have started major renovations. The 1st phase ending pretty soon will deliver 3 floors entirely renovated. The 2nd phase, which will end April 2020, will take care of the 3 remaining floors as well as all the public areas such as the hotel entrance, lobby, reception and 1st floor bar & restaurant. These renovations are sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests."

"We apologize for the wear and tear you are referring to; we would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the 1st phase of our major renovations is soon to be delivered at the end of April with 3 floors entirely renovated. The 2nd phase will start in November 2019 and will take care of the 3 remaining floors as well as all the public areas such as hotel entrance, lobby , reception, 1st floor bar & restaurant."

So in summation, the renovation will be split as such and cover the following areas:
  • Phase 1 [completion end of April 2019]: three guest floors
  • Phase 2 [November 2019 - April 2020]: three guest floors, hotel entrance, lobby, reception, restaurant, bar
Hope the rooms will be special - would love to see the new brand designs incorporated into the spaces.

khabah
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Has anyone stayed there post 8/18/18? If so, could you post what the breakfast situation is since there's no exec lounge? I'll update the exec lounge sticky after someone posts. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
A very good included breakfast off the menu.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hedoman
Thank you! I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by hedoman
In December '18 breakfast amenity was in the restaurant and a combo of an extensive cold/pastry buffet with egg and pancake dishes ordered via the servers. Servers also brought unlimited Illy espresso beverages to our table!
Old May 3, 2019, 7:51 pm

Hi,
can Marriott Bonvoy gold members expect an ocean view upgrade at this property when staying on points (booked the most basic room)?
I'm wondering how good/bad this hotel is for elite recognition.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Priority Club
Going in July

Originally Posted by agjil
Hi,
can Marriott Bonvoy gold members expect an ocean view upgrade at this property when staying on points (booked the most basic room)?
I have this same question! You guys are making me think I should switch to the Beach Plaza as well. These reviews are horrendous.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
Hi,
Originally Posted by agirl5
I have this same question! You guys are making me think I should switch to the Beach Plaza as well. These reviews are horrendous.
i wouldn’t get my hopes up since it’s peak season and gold is the old silver.
itsaboutthejourney and agirl5 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:08 am

Anyone stayed here recently? I'm planning on being there first week of September. I hope that the first 3 floors would be completed and the other 3 floors are not in renovations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.