Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
BeachFan, I echo your comments. I had a 5day stay at the LeM exactly 1 year ago. Outstanding staff.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by beachfan
My sympathies for all of Nice and fellow SPGers at this hotel. Seems like it the terrorist truck was stopped just a couple blocks short of the hotel.
I also echo your sentiments. Le Meridien Nice was the second French hotel I ever stayed at, in 1995.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Stayed there literally a month ago tonight during the Euro - so sad to see. Great city
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
they told me that late checkout is based on availability? Is this correct? Thought this is only in resorts?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canael
they told me that late checkout is based on availability? Is this correct? Thought this is only in resorts?
Yes. Le Meridien Nice is classified as a resort.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
We're stay here for three nights starting this Tuesday. Used SNA and have been upgraded to a Panaromic Junior Suite. Read a bunch of reviews on Travel Advisor and am now worried that rooms get hot and that the air conditioning only works in summer. I can't sleep in hot room. And my wife can't sleep with windows open if it is noisy (and the reviews say it will be).

Anyone know when they turn the air con will start working. It will be seasonably warm when we are there.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
I'm staying here now after staying at Le Meridien Beach Plaza in Monaco. It's like night and day. The Le Meridien Beach Plaza felt like a Le Meridien. Rooms and public areas were recently renovated and clean, rooms had bathrobes and slippers, service was good. The Le Meridien Nice, on the other hand, feels worn and dirty, Loads of stains on the carpet in the halls and room, paint chipped/missing, no bathrobes or slippers, bed sinks, general dirty feeling, old toilet, etc. I've seen hostels in better condition. Do yourself a favor and stay at Le Meridien Beach Plaza or at a non-SPG property in Nice. I'm planning to check out a day early.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by merrickdb
I'm staying here now after staying at Le Meridien Beach Plaza in Monaco. It's like night and day. The Le Meridien Beach Plaza felt like a Le Meridien. Rooms and public areas were recently renovated and clean, rooms had bathrobes and slippers, service was good. The Le Meridien Nice, on the other hand, feels worn and dirty, Loads of stains on the carpet in the halls and room, paint chipped/missing, no bathrobes or slippers, bed sinks, general dirty feeling, old toilet, etc. I've seen hostels in better condition. Do yourself a favor and stay at Le Meridien Beach Plaza or at a non-SPG property in Nice. I'm planning to check out a day early.
So it also goes the way down like the ex LeMeridien Juan les Pins. Same owner if I remember correctly.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
At the risk of getting flamed by someone on the forum, I think it is common for hotels in the south of France to wait extremely long to renovate just because they can get away with it. Look at the entire French Riviera including Cannes, Nice and even Monte Carlo and you will see this. The simple fact is that there are not that many nice properties with ocean views and the ones that are there hold out forever especially if they have a rich storied past that might justify the dated and worn furnishings. There are numerous examples of ones needing renovation like the IC Carlton Cannes and then there are some that waited forever to update like the Martinez and the Hotel Barričre Le Majestic Cannes. Even the best hotels in the area could use a room update (especially to the standard rooms) like the Cap-Eden-Roc...especially for the prices they charge.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:51 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by christianj
At the risk of getting flamed by someone on the forum, I think it is common for hotels in the south of France to wait extremely long to renovate just because they can get away with it. Look at the entire French Riviera including Cannes, Nice and even Monte Carlo and you will see this. The simple fact is that there are not that many nice properties with ocean views and the ones that are there hold out forever especially if they have a rich storied past that might justify the dated and worn furnishings. There are numerous examples of ones needing renovation like the IC Carlton Cannes and then there are some that waited forever to update like the Martinez and the Hotel Barričre Le Majestic Cannes. Even the best hotels in the area could use a room update (especially to the standard rooms) like the Cap-Eden-Roc...especially for the prices they charge.
Certainly true, but LM Nice has so much potential (best location in down, great view) - yet the staff are really poor, breakfast is a joke/substandard, the rooms are old, hallways look like lumberjacks have had a go at them, rooms are in a sad state.

In all fairness, this property is overdue for a refurb and rethink of everything inside of it. Perhaps a rebrand under another SPG/Marriott brand would be a good idea.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by GVA
Certainly true, but LM Nice has so much potential (best location in down, great view)
I wasn't stating anything to the contrary. I agree but I think the hotel (like others in the area) wait on renovations since they can get away with it and still make $ without renovating...as the LeM does and so many others.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by merrickdb
This is mostly true. I stayed at both last year, upgraded to a big suite in both places with SNA. The suite at Nice was better, everything else was better about Monaco (as you state). However, given the choice I would stay all my nights in Nice (assuming need to be SPG in the area)... the hotel is in an amazing location and Nice>>>Monaco imo.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Considering a stay mid January. Any recent updates to this thread? What benefits/upgrade should I expect as SPG Platinum? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fmkgb; Dec 31, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:09 am

I was there two days ago. I am Gold and have received two categories above the one I booked, also the position in actual category was the best possible (high floor, nice view). My advice is to contact them before you arrive and try to arrange your benefits (I did it that way). Late check-out was not a problem too.
I can say that this hotel has the best possible location in Nice, and heated open pool on the roof is a must.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Hey folks - I was wondering if anyone had the scoop on what's up at this hotel lately, as TripAdvisor has a couple of reports of people saying that renovations are happening with no notice to guests. Any idea of what the timescale is? I was considering this for September, and would pull the trigger if it's all done and dusted by then...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.