Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by geclub1
What mode of transporation do you recommend going from Nice to Monaco?
There is only one way for me. In a drop-top Alfa Romeo Spyder.

Seriously, it's one of the worlds most beautiful drives! I can't imagine taking a bus. At least take a mini-van with a sun roof. Even the relatively boring toll road is beautiful. But if its your first time, you have to take the beach roads. Get a GPS if you want, but it's pretty easy to just keep the ocean on your right.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
There is only one way for me. In a drop-top Alfa Romeo Spyder.

Seriously, it's one of the worlds most beautiful drives! I can't imagine taking a bus. At least take a mini-van with a sun roof. Even the relatively boring toll road is beautiful. But if its your first time, you have to take the beach roads. Get a GPS if you want, but it's pretty easy to just keep the ocean on your right.
Not so easy for Princess Grace. May she rest in peace.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Not so easy for Princess Grace. May she rest in peace.
Well she was up in the hills, not the beach road. And she never would have taken the bus either.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
Just got back from a 4 night stay. Here is my review:

The Hotel's location is amazing first off, can't be beat! As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a studio room facing the ocean with a large terrace. The room was still small but that's ok, the terrace made up for it! Other than the upgrade, there wasn't really any other platinum benefits. I stayed here 2 nights on points and 2 nights paid. I knew I would get an upgrade and hence booked it, otherwise the hotel is an absolute rip off if u were a regular person paying 200/night for a classic rooms with are just horrible. I feel that I got a great deal with my upgrade and combining it with points. If ur a Platinum, I would recommend staying at this hotel, otherwise, save your money and stay elsewhere.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Park- Sea View

Just back from 4 night stay. we had Deluxe room with a large Balcony or terrace on the Top floor. I think I prefer our Park facing room. We still had an excellent view of the sea from our bed , but we also had a view of the park, the Old Town and Castle Hill.
The Hotel is not a pretty building on the outside, but when you're standing on the balcony looking at the best view in Nice, you don't see the hotel.
The rooms have been re done and are a tight efficient use of space, but we loved it. The best location in Nice.
We picked up a rental car on our 4th day. the Sixt office is in the hotel. It was very convenient being able to ride the hotel elevator right to our rental car, already parked in the hotel garage.
We'll stay there again.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Anybody with Le Meridien Nice experience this fall?

I'll be staying here in January for two weeks. Despite having a house 15 minutes away for 25 years and using the car park under the hotel for forays to La Pizza for the same 25 years I have never been inside this hotel.

Has anyone stayed there in the last few weeks?
How is it now?
Have they started free breakfast for Platinums?
Is there finally a lounge open?

We've been considering the blu instead, but are prejudiced in favour of the location, SPG Platinum benefits and the cheaper price.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I'll be staying here in January for two weeks. Despite having a house 15 minutes away for 25 years and using the car park under the hotel for forays to La Pizza for the same 25 years I have never been inside this hotel.

Has anyone stayed there in the last few weeks?
How is it now?
Have they started free breakfast for Platinums?
Is there finally a lounge open?

We've been considering the blu instead, but are prejudiced in favour of the location, SPG Platinum benefits and the cheaper price.
We were there for a quick night at the end of October. Plat upgrade to Room 962, which faces a park (Place Massena?) and had a great view view of town, coastline and sea. Sleeping area in room was tiny, which we didn't mind, and bathroom was tired, which we minded a little. No lounge or free breakfast, unless we totally spaced it.

A storm had rolled in while we there, so we just had room service for dinner and enjoyed the view and stormy weather. Booked it that morning for 150 Euro pre-paid rate.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
People seem to mention the beach as a rip off for EUR 34, but what about the roof top pool pictured in the confirmation email/website? Looks beautiful. I presume the lounge chairs at the pool are free? Why not spend an afternoon sunning there with what looks like a spectacular view of the ocean?

Last edited by nologic; Feb 27, 2011 at 9:07 pm
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:32 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by nologic
Looks beautiful. I presume the lounge chairs at the pool are free?
I remember being charged for the lounge chairs at the pool two years ago.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nologic
but what about the roof top pool pictured in the confirmation email/website? Looks beautiful. I presume the lounge chairs at the pool are free? Why not spend an afternoon sunning there with what looks like a spectacular view of the ocean?
Professional photos can really sell something, that really isn't. The photos make the pool area look like this expansive rooftop deck overlooking the ocean, great for lounging, tanning and what not. The reality is .... it's just a tiny waste of space with a few chairs, and a ridiculously crap pool. And that's being honest.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
should have stayed elsewhere. The hotel is tired, the Platinum experience does not exist. All in all I will not return. There are a number of nice small hotels in the region, but I was trying to be loyal to Starwood.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
should have stayed elsewhere. The hotel is tired, the Platinum experience does not exist. All in all I will not return. There are a number of nice small hotels in the region, but I was trying to be loyal to Starwood.
No platinum room upgrade?

Anyone else with recent experience? Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1P, Hertz PC
Stayed at the Le Meridien Nice for 5 nights on points (5th night free) for our honeymoon in July.

I am a SPG Plat and I also indicated to the SPG concierge that we would be traveling on our honeymoon. She contacted the hotels where we would be staying to request an upgrade on our behalf as well.

We were upgraded to a Jr. Suite on a low floor facing the park with a sea view. It was an upgrade, although a marginal one. Room was decent, nothing to write home about. The Plat experience here is something left to be desired.

The rooftop terrace bar / pool area is nice. Good views, relaxing atmosphere.

The location of the property is pretty good. Walk across the street to the beach and a short walk to Old Town.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sparco
We were upgraded to a Jr. Suite on a low floor facing the park with a sea view. It was an upgrade, although a marginal one.
And the most you were entitled to.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1P, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
And the most you were entitled to.
Thanks? I am well aware of the SPG terms and what I am entitled to. I wasn't complaining, just stating what happened in relation to the treatment and upgrades I received at other properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.