Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any stays recently? TIA
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Any stays recently? TIA
I'm booked for next spring, so if you stay there between now and then please report back. TIA
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by JayeJ
I'm booked for next spring, so if you stay there between now and then please report back. TIA
My stay is booked early September. Will report back!
JayeJ likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
My stay is booked early September. Will report back!
haha, my stay will be late October.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:15 pm

Just checked out last week and this place is trash
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ramiraw
Just checked out last week and this place is trash
Perhaps you can share more?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:51 am

Perhaps you can share more?
condition of the property is really bad and the service is useless. They’re fully booked and too busy. Sent multiple emails to the general manager Stéphane dartois but he didn’t even bother to reply. Absolute garbage.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:15 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
condition of the property is really bad and the service is useless. They’re fully booked and too busy. Sent multiple emails to the general manager Stéphane dartois but he didn’t even bother to reply. Absolute garbage.
We saw your message, Ramiraw and we’d like to look into this. Could you please send us more information via private message or email us at [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:25 pm

Was nervous about my stay given some of the posts here but it was perfectly fine. I did not notice anything negative about the condition of the property.

The location is fantastic, right on the promenade, and within 15 minutes walk to the train station in one direction and to old Nice in the other direction.
I had requested to use SNAs. Had used free night awards so two consecutive reservations. Only cleared for the first night into the Junior Suite Sea View and at check in they said I'd have to move the second day, but they'd upgraded me to an Executive Sea View with a terrace. They offered to move my luggage for me if I didn't want to wait around. The second morning, though, I saw the app showed I was in a Junior Suite for the second night as well. Called downstairs and confirmed I wouldn't have to change rooms. Would have been good to know earlier as id not unpacked but still appreciated.

Junior Suite Seaview

Junior Suite

Junior suite Seaview terrace

Junior suite bathroom

The Junior Suite isn't really a Junior Suite, but just a large room with a larger bathroom and terrace. I appreciated that there were plenty of towels in the room, large size Malin & Goetz toiletries, and two bottles of Evian refreshed daily.

It is weird that you're given all the Nespresso pods and cups in a paper bag at check in, as it seems they can just be in the room.

The room was quite lovely and larger than the pictures make it look. The terrace was absolutely massive, though it was very hot out so I didn't spend much time on it.

The breakfast buffet wasn't anything special but hit the trick. Only scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, pancakes, and mixed vegetables as hot dishes and a basic cold assortment.

The gym was great for a European hotel, with a full range of hand weights and cardio machines, all clean and new. Plenty of bottles of water and towels.

The only real disappointment was the pool. The pool itself isn't as much the problem but the seating area around it is. It is so tiny and there are these little chairs that you can't fully recline on. And they're perched so close to the waters edge I was afraid I'd fall in walking by! Unfortunately there's not much they would do short of reconfiguring the whole rooftop and perhaps shrinking the restaurant/bar. And the beach is where it's at anyway.

Pool/rooftop terrace

Pool

Rooftop terrace

​​​​
I didn't really interact with staff much but they were friendly enough when I did.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
I appreciate this update, Adam1222. We're scheduled for next May and I'm always nervous reading bad reviews. Fingers crossed for an upgrade!
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by JayeJ
I appreciate this update, Adam1222. We're scheduled for next May and I'm always nervous reading bad reviews. Fingers crossed for an upgrade!
In a place like Nice in May, hopefully you won't be spending much time in the hotel regardless!
​​​​​​
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III
We saw your message, Ramiraw and we’d like to look into this. Could you please send us more information via private message or email us at [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you.
I emailed you twice and sent you all the photos but you ignored.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:15 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
I emailed you twice and sent you all the photos but you ignored.
Thank you again for your message, Ramiraw. We’d like to look into this. Could you please send us your email address via private message or email us again? At the moment we don't have any pending email in our queue.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I am staying at this hotel now. I got SNA cleared and checked in a corner sea view junior suite on 7th floor. The interior of the room is in a good shape. Some painting on the exterior (patio) are peeled off. I do not have much to add. Overall it is a nice property.
Was nervous about my stay given some of the posts here but it was perfectly fine. I did not notice anything negative about the condition of the property.

The location is fantastic, right on the promenade, and within 15 minutes walk to the train station in one direction and to old Nice in the other direction.
I had requested to use SNAs. Had used free night awards so two consecutive reservations. Only cleared for the first night into the Junior Suite Sea View and at check in they said I'd have to move the second day, but they'd upgraded me to an Executive Sea View with a terrace. They offered to move my luggage for me if I didn't want to wait around. The second morning, though, I saw the app showed I was in a Junior Suite for the second night as well. Called downstairs and confirmed I wouldn't have to change rooms. Would have been good to know earlier as id not unpacked but still appreciated.

Junior Suite Seaview

Junior Suite

Junior suite Seaview terrace

Junior suite bathroom

The Junior Suite isn't really a Junior Suite, but just a large room with a larger bathroom and terrace. I appreciated that there were plenty of towels in the room, large size Malin & Goetz toiletries, and two bottles of Evian refreshed daily.

It is weird that you're given all the Nespresso pods and cups in a paper bag at check in, as it seems they can just be in the room.

The room was quite lovely and larger than the pictures make it look. The terrace was absolutely massive, though it was very hot out so I didn't spend much time on it.

The breakfast buffet wasn't anything special but hit the trick. Only scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, pancakes, and mixed vegetables as hot dishes and a basic cold assortment.

The gym was great for a European hotel, with a full range of hand weights and cardio machines, all clean and new. Plenty of bottles of water and towels.

The only real disappointment was the pool. The pool itself isn't as much the problem but the seating area around it is. It is so tiny and there are these little chairs that you can't fully recline on. And they're perched so close to the waters edge I was afraid I'd fall in walking by! Unfortunately there's not much they would do short of reconfiguring the whole rooftop and perhaps shrinking the restaurant/bar. And the beach is where it's at anyway.

Pool/rooftop terrace

Pool

Rooftop terrace

​​​​
I didn't really interact with staff much but they were friendly enough when I did.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Monaco - F1

Booked this hotel on points for May 2022 for F1 race in Monaco. Hope the hotel is complete with its renovations by then.

Did you go to Monaco on your trip and if so by train? Just curious how easy the public transportation is there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.