Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:16 am
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Originally Posted by tilhas
Anyone stayed here recently? I'm planning on being there first week of September. I hope that the first 3 floors would be completed and the other 3 floors are not in renovations.
I stayed here for 2 nights this month. I had a renovated suite on the 9th floor. I was hesitant to stay initially due to the reviews, but I had a great stay. Location is amazing, and the rooftop is fun with a great view. I can't comment on the un-renovated rooms, but the new ones were good.

The other property I was considering was the Boscola Exedra. That was actually my first choice but I was using the credit card certificate and there weren't any rooms available there the nights I wanted without paying a fee for a higher room category.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LifetimeUpgrade
I stayed here for 2 nights this month. I had a renovated suite on the 9th floor. I was hesitant to stay initially due to the reviews, but I had a great stay. Location is amazing, and the rooftop is fun with a great view. I can't comment on the un-renovated rooms, but the new ones were good. ...
Thanks for this. We'll be in a renovated sea-view room for several days next May and previous reviews here of the hotel were not all encouraging.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
GM email

Can someone tell me the name and email address of the current GM? I had an old one from a few years back.
PM me if you prefer. Thanks, I tried searching.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone stayed at Le Meridian recently?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:17 am

Likewise, I’m interested to hear any recent DP’s of Elite Treatment, and even recommendations of best time to visit. Is there an outdoor area for breakfast? It’s been suggested that the property has recently undertaken a small returb
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:26 pm

Any recent stays here?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by zagguru
Any recent stays here?
Also v.interested to hear any recent feedback
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
I just checked in and they are mid-renovation for the upcoming summer season. Some public areas are closed this week (La Terrasse and the pool), but it feels like most things are being done in phases to minimize disruptions.

The renovations are nice - wood floors (or perhaps porcelain tile as wood), lighter colors/fabrics, walk in shower in the bathrooms and updated overall.

I've just taken a 5 minute view on the rooms as I just dropped my bags and then ran to grab food but I think once it's all done will be a nice refresh.

Side note: I don't believe the upgraded rooms are currently available as they are being renovated. So my upgrade (LT Titanium 50) was to a renovated deluxe sea front king. The only high room category available this week for my dates was the Mediterranean suite and I don't believe they upgrade to that.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by RChavez
I just checked in and they are mid-renovation for the upcoming summer season. Some public areas are closed this week (La Terrasse and the pool), but it feels like most things are being done in phases to minimize disruptions.

The renovations are nice - wood floors (or perhaps porcelain tile as wood), lighter colors/fabrics, walk in shower in the bathrooms and updated overall.

I've just taken a 5 minute view on the rooms as I just dropped my bags and then ran to grab food but I think once it's all done will be a nice refresh.

Side note: I don't believe the upgraded rooms are currently available as they are being renovated. So my upgrade (LT Titanium 50) was to a renovated deluxe sea front king. The only high room category available this week for my dates was the Mediterranean suite and I don't believe they upgrade to that.
Nice to hear that improvements are coming along! States online they will be completed next month, I wonder if that is likely?

How is breakfast here?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Nice to hear that improvements are coming along! States online they will be completed next month, I wonder if that is likely?

How is breakfast here?
Not sure on their timeliness. Today they were just closing up the old entry/reception area and have relocated the reception to just before the previous coffee shop area. I doubt the renovations will be fully complete next month, but it sounded like the pool and terrasse restaurant were just out of commission this week and reopening next week.

Breakfast, not sure yet. I can let you know tomorrow.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by RChavez
Not sure on their timeliness. Today they were just closing up the old entry/reception area and have relocated the reception to just before the previous coffee shop area. I doubt the renovations will be fully complete next month, but it sounded like the pool and terrasse restaurant were just out of commission this week and reopening next week.

Breakfast, not sure yet. I can let you know tomorrow.
Yes, would be interested to hear! Now stated that renovations are due through to May,
Old May 11, 2020, 3:05 am

Any idea how I could reach out to this property? Trying to see if they would let me amend an upcoming award stay booked at pre March rates.
Old May 11, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I’ll pm you an address that worked for me in November.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
are they doing any renovations to the rooftop area?
Old May 12, 2020, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I’ll pm you an address that worked for me in November.
Thanks, much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.