Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hotel Seattle [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Last time I was at the W Seattle, I used an SNA and got upgraded to a Wow suite. Upon checkin, they gave me a Fabulous room instead. Didn't bother following up on why.

The front desk tends to give me a few free drinks coupons. I like hangout out at the large fireplace in the bar during the early week with no DJ.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:54 pm

Wow Suite

We stayed here and were given what we paid for- no further upgrade. It was nice but it seems like there is an it of noise from all the construction and sirens are very loud as they go down 4th Ave. I’d probably stay somewhere else next time since it was pricey and just ok

Last edited by spellbound2; Nov 10, 2018 at 9:56 pm Reason: editing all the extra URLs
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:11 am
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
I'll be staying at the W Seattle the week of January 6, 2019. I was told I can check in online, and it seems I've been upgraded to a "Marvelous, Studio Suite, 1 King, Mountain view, Corner room, High floor". Is "Marvelous" a new designation of suite? I don't see it mentioned in this thread. I am currently Platinum Elite; I suppose this is why I was upgraded.

Anybody experienced this room?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:13 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by DivMiler
I'll be staying at the W Seattle the week of January 6, 2019. I was told I can check in online, and it seems I've been upgraded to a "Marvelous, Studio Suite, 1 King, Mountain view, Corner room, High floor". Is "Marvelous" a new designation of suite? I don't see it mentioned in this thread. I am currently Platinum Elite; I suppose this is why I was upgraded.

Anybody experienced this room?
It’s a pretty normal designation of room and suite for the W brand, actually. Marvelous, Wonderful, Fantastic, Fabulous, Spectacular, Mega, Wow, Extreme Wow, all are the normal designations used at W hotels. I assume you’ve never before stayed at a W?

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-rooms/details/seawh-w-seatt

Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:01 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We stayed here in October on our way home from Greece. Only 1 night but they upgraded us to the Extreme Wow Suite. In our experience they treat Plats pretty well.

Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin

It’s a pretty normal designation of room and suite for the W brand, actually. Marvelous, Wonderful, Fantastic, Fabulous, Spectacular, Mega, Wow, Extreme Wow, all are the normal designations used at W hotels. I assume you’ve never before stayed at a W?

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-rooms/details/seawh-w-seatt

No, I've stayed at a few W Hotels, including about three or four times at the W Seattle. It is just the first time I've stayed as a Platinum. As a Gold, I was upgraded to room 2620 (a suite, as I remember) in 2007, and it was fantastic (if not Fantastic). I wonder how a "Marvelous" suite will compare to that one, and where "Marvelous" ranks in the scheme of things at the hotel.

(Yes, I do tend to record -- in Quicken -- the room numbers of hotels where I have stayed).
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:09 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by DivMiler
No, I've stayed at a few W Hotels, including about three or four times at the W Seattle. It is just the first time I've stayed as a Platinum. As a Gold, I was upgraded to room 2620 (a suite, as I remember) in 2007, and it was fantastic (if not Fantastic). I wonder how a "Marvelous" suite will compare to that one, and where "Marvelous" ranks in the scheme of things at the hotel.

(Yes, I do tend to record -- in Quicken -- the room numbers of hotels where I have stayed).
You always can see what the suites are named at each property’s marriott.com website. The names vary a bit between those I’d already mentioned in terms of what is better, but it’s always some variation on those names. At the W Seattle, the Marvelous Suite is a pretty entry level 450 sq ft suite.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:37 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Believe it or not the very first Starwood I ever stayed at was a W- the W Union Square soon after they opened back in 2000. Since then we have stayed at many and I still don't have their silly names down. I am always confused and have to look it up each time. Is Fabulous better than Spectacular? Are they even consistent from W to W?

Here is the breakdown in Seattle DivMiler-- https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...awh-w-seattle/

Marvelous is better (bigger) than Mega or Fabulous
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
After some hunting I was able to book a night for under $200 (seems to vary greatly by the date). As with most hotels I actually want to use a SNA and I get the "We're sorry. Your Suite Night Awards can't be used toward this reservation." even though there are multiple different suites available for cash.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
You're not missing out on much. The suites are barely larger than a regular room. Last time I used an SNA, I got a suite, which was a single room with a funky couch.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:01 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
You're not missing out on much. The suites are barely larger than a regular room. Last time I used an SNA, I got a suite, which was a single room with a funky couch.

Hmmm. Ours in October was not too shabby.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by damon88

Hmmm. Ours in October was not too shabby.
What suite type is that?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by flyguy6
What suite type is that?
Hot diggity - that's the top-of-the-line Extreme WOW Suite.

khabah
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:41 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
It seems you may have made the mistake of selecting a nicer room as on of your SNA choices. It’s prudent to only select actual suites that will satisfy you when you apply SNAs so you don’t have regrets afterward.

My complimentary Wow Suite upgrade was quite spacious and well appointed.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Booked a 4 night stay on a corporate rate here, in a room with 2 double beds since that was the cheapest available at the time. I'm a Plat member and it's my 3rd or 4th time staying here. At check-in I asked if I could move to a King room, they said today is all booked, but check back tomorrow. Next day I did that and the manager at the reception said again that they didn't have any King rooms for tomorrow. Went upstairs to my room and checked the site, turns out they were selling at least 2 types of King rooms for the remainder of my stay. I called Marriott Plat line and asked them about this, the agent called the hotel and then said the front desk told them that in their system "the number of King rooms was negative, indicating sold out, not sure why the website was saying different".

I've never found an inventory at the hotel to be different from what Marriott is selling on the site, so this left a bad taste in my mouth. Won't be staying here again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.