Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hotel Seattle [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Originally Posted by chrisinacton
Can I take public transportation to the W from the SEA airport? I'd like to avoid taking a taxi.
Thanks!
Your best bet in that case might be the Gray Line Downtown airporter, which buses you to a circuit of downtown hotels (including the Fairmont Olympic, right across the street from the W). The cost is $11 one way/$18 roundtrip, and the service is punctual.

Last edited by Somewhere Over the Atlantic; Nov 16, 2008 at 6:33 pm Reason: factual correction
Old Nov 16, 2008, 6:32 pm

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Can I take public transportation to the W from the SEA airport? I'd like to avoid taking a taxi.
Thanks!
Yep, you can get the 194 (Express) or 174 (non-Express) from 2nd & Seneca (2 blocks downhill).

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-b....pl?resptype=U is your friend.

$1.50 all in and the Express takes just under 30 minutes.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver SPG Lifetime Gold
Thanks again Tony!
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by tony2x
Yep, you can get the 194 (Express) or 174 (non-Express) from 2nd & Seneca (2 blocks downhill).

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-b....pl?resptype=U is your friend.

$1.50 all in and the Express takes just under 30 minutes.
It's actually now $1.75
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:41 pm

Where do I get on the bus? I'm coming in on Virgin ( which I'm flying for the first time ). Can I get on the bus right at the arrivals section?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ldsant
It's actually now $1.75
Darn it, King County Metro need to update their trip planner then. However, I thought only the 2 zone+ fares went up?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:35 pm

Where do I get on the bus? I'm coming in on Virgin ( which I'm flying for the first time ). Can I get on the bus right at the arrivals section?
According to the Seatac website it is outside Door 6 by Baggage Carousel 5, on the Baggage Claim (lower) level.

I've never taken the bus from Seatac downtown, just the other way.

BTW You'll love VX, try and secure yourself a T-24 upgrade to 1st and prepare to have your socks knocked off.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:34 am

How do I get a t24 upgrade? This is the first time in 2 years that I'm not on United
Old Nov 17, 2008, 1:06 am

How do I get a t24 upgrade? This is the first time in 2 years that I'm not on United
Probably one for the VX forum but seeings as we're already here, when you try to OLCI go try and select a 1st class seat and if it is available you will be given the option of paying $50 to upgrade!
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, Platinum SPG, Platinum Hyatt, Silver Marriott, Avis First
Just a quick update on this property :

They have completed the fitness center renovations. They now have brand new equipment - 4 treadmills 4 ellipticals a couple bikes and free weights. Very nice equipment - he nicest I've seen in a Starwood property.

Seems kool korner rooms are the standard upgrade for plats. I've gotten them the past 3 times in a row now after making plat. Also on this stay recieved a plate full of fruit from the GM with a signed card. Nice touch!

If it wasn't for the parking and the traffic in the morning to Bellevue, I'd stay here every week!
Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat
Good to hear the fitness center has completed its upgrade as the old one was starting to get a bit tired.

In terms of upgrades, I stayed at this hotel probably 25 times this year including ~15 as a Platinum. Got a corner room about 1/2 the time and an upper floor the other half. Unfortunately never received a suite - so I am guessing that upgrade is rare for this property.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:42 pm

Programs: USAir Gold, Delta Slvr, *Wood Plat
Back at my favorite W for another few nights... no fruit basket and note from the GM this time... I guess that's a one time deal? Should I ask *nicely* for the 500 points instead of a Plat welcome gift? All in all, great spot and highly recommended for anyone asking.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
going to W Seattle

Going there next week for 5 nights. Thanks for all the comments. Will report back. ...does anyone know how easy it is to get the Acura to take you somewhere and is the W Seattle busy during Christmas time?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by singtx
Going there next week for 5 nights. Thanks for all the comments. Will report back. ...does anyone know how easy it is to get the Acura to take you somewhere and is the W Seattle busy during Christmas time?
The Acura is really easy--just call or walk down to the lobby, and they will put you in the queue. The most we waited in May was 20 min, and most of the time it was ready for us. Keep their number handy as well, because they will do pickups around town depending on how busy they are.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
update on W Seattle

Stayed 4 nights recently. Booked cheapest room and upgraded to a Fabulous room on 23rd floor with an awesome view of the bay and needle as a Gold member. Used the Acura service and Gym. Gym was nice, new equipment and fresh fruit to eat...wish they had bottled water. Manager of the hotel was outstanding. I needed $10 dollars to pay for a cab ride and the ATM was disabled. I asked the front desk if they could add the $10 dollars to my bill and give me the cash. Front desk clerk said "NO" and manager said yes, no questions asked. Outstanding service.
Overall statement...was nice, but not my favorite W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.