FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Seattle [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, Platinum SPG, Platinum Hyatt, Silver Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by BenMeddle
I just spent five nights at the Westin Seattle on a cash & points booking. I had a very large king room that was immaculate except for a few carpet stains (can't change the carpet after every guest). Bathroom was large and clean, room was spacious and I had a perfect view of the Space Needle. I ended up checking in around noon without a problem.
just in case this help sanyone get a roomwith a great view - the rooms with best view of the space needle are xx31 in the north tower. The suites were in rooms xx41-42.

Just stayed there and got a great room with an awesome view of the space needle. I couldve spent all day staring out the window! I agree with what many people have said, the rooms are a bit worn. But I still had an excellent stay. Though I didn't recieve water bottles in my room... Shouldve asked about that...
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I was there a few weeks ago. Room nice, loved the view. But they act like the creamer for the coffee maker is made of gold! After leaving notes asking for extra to no avail, I finally went down and got it from the bar.

As a rule, though, I have liked most of the Starwood hotels.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
We're staying here on the Wed before Thanksgiving. Great rate and free street parking makes it worth our while.

How are they with dogs? Ernest is coming with....

lala
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:10 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by lalala
...How are they with dogs? Ernest is coming with....

lala
As long as Ernest does not weigh over 80 lbs., you should be good to go.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I stayed at the Westin this past Thursday night. The check-in process was pleasant, and I was offered my choice of plat amenities without prompting. I was informed that I had been upgraded to a deluxe room on the 45th floor of the north tower, but I had reserved a deluxe room/high floor/city view.

My room (4534) looked north toward Lake Union. If I stood at the right side of the window and looked left, I could see the Space Needle. The room was a basic one with king bed, sofa (that made into a bed), and chair. The bed was very comfortable, as you would expect from a Westin.

I didn't encounter any problems, just a couple of minor irritants: no bottles of water in the room, and no shampoo. The location is OK: about 10 minute walk from Pike Place Market, close to the Pacific Center, a McDonalds, a Starbucks, and a drug/convenience store for those who care about those things. In addition, the hotel is very close to the Westlake Center station. If you don't have bags, you can take the 194 bus from SEA. It's about a 30-minute ride and costs $1.50 off-peak ($1.75 effective February 1).

The sushi place in the basement is closed. Also, there is free wi-fi in the lobby. A sign says that you need to obtain a code from the front desk. In addition, there are three computers in the business center just off the lobby. These are available for a fee, but they offer complimentary printing of boarding passes.

This is a hotel whose best days are behind it, and it needs some upgrades. However, at the rate I got ($127.50 AAA), it was an outstanding value.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:48 pm
STM

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
I stayed at the Westin this past Thursday night. The check-in process was pleasant, and I was offered my choice of plat amenities without prompting. I was informed that I had been upgraded to a deluxe room on the 45th floor of the north tower, but I had reserved a deluxe room/high floor/city view.

My room (4534) looked north toward Lake Union. If I stood at the right side of the window and looked left, I could see the Space Needle. The room was a basic one with king bed, sofa (that made into a bed), and chair. The bed was very comfortable, as you would expect from a Westin.

I didn't encounter any problems, just a couple of minor irritants: no bottles of water in the room, and no shampoo. The location is OK: about 10 minute walk from Pike Place Market, close to the Pacific Center, a McDonalds, a Starbucks, and a drug/convenience store for those who care about those things. In addition, the hotel is very close to the Westlake Center station. If you don't have bags, you can take the 194 bus from SEA. It's about a 30-minute ride and costs $1.50 off-peak ($1.75 effective February 1).

The sushi place in the basement is closed. Also, there is free wi-fi in the lobby. A sign says that you need to obtain a code from the front desk. In addition, there are three computers in the business center just off the lobby. These are available for a fee, but they offer complimentary printing of boarding passes.

This is a hotel whose best days are behind it, and it needs some upgrades. However, at the rate I got ($127.50 AAA), it was an outstanding value.

That is an outstanding rate for this property; I can't say I've ever encountered a rate that low at the SEA Westin. For the price paid, you received an excellent value. However, I've stayed here for years and feel that the usual price (much higher than that) is disproportionately high for the quality of the hotel. The carpet is ragged in many of the rooms, TVs (if you care about this) are dated and the furniture is getting fairly rough. The lobby is OK and the other public spaces are decent. It's in need of an upgrade if it wants to remain a top tier property in SEA. I would now list it third in Seattle for Starwood behind W and Sheraton (at least a Union St. Tower room at Sheraton--the other tower isn't good).

STM
Old May 12, 2009, 11:16 pm

Got really lucky and just won this hotel for $65 on priceline for the end of May. Stayed here before and I LOVE this hotel. Also thought I'd add to anyone who has a stay here in the upcoming month, the pool will be closed for the month of May. My guess (although I don't know) would be that they will allow you to use a pool at the Sheraton Seattle.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:41 pm

Got back, nothing but compliments to this hotel! Got a beautiful view in the North tower in room 3440. Had a beautiful view of downtown. Can't beat this dang hotel for $65. They also paid for my taxi to go to the Sheraton since the pool was closed.

Nice job Westin Seattle! I'll be back.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by inspiration100
Got back, nothing but compliments to this hotel! Got a beautiful view in the North tower in room 3440. Had a beautiful view of downtown. Can't beat this dang hotel for $65. They also paid for my taxi to go to the Sheraton since the pool was closed.

Nice job Westin Seattle! I'll be back.
OOooo how did you get for $65!!! I have two trip to Seattle coming up..usually stay at either Sheraton or Westin but never gotten a $65 rate before unless using C&P.

nevermind, just read the post above that it was priceline win
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
I've never used priceline. . .if I were to submit and offer and it won for a Starwood property would that qualify for claiming a SPG best rate guarantee form? Or anyway to convert it somehow to an eligable stay?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:50 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
I've never used priceline. . .if I were to submit and offer and it won for a Starwood property would that qualify for claiming a SPG best rate guarantee form? Or anyway to convert it somehow to an eligable stay?
No, so-called opaque web site bookings do not qualify for BRG claims. From the BRG Terms and Conditions:

Opaque Providers
The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to any rates from opaque providers including, but not limited to, Priceline.com or Hotwire.com. An opaque provider is any entity or service that prevents the buyer from obtaining information relating to available hotel rooms until after the buyer has guaranteed payment ("Opaque Provider"). A site is opaque if it does not divulge any of the following points; (a) the name of the property on which the available hotel room is located, (b) the precise location of the property on which the available hotel room is located, (c) the identity, brand or flag affiliation of the hotel that will provide such available room, and (d) other specific information that may divulge the property's identity (e.g., exact property restaurant name).

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 28, 2009, 1:45 am

OOooo how did you get for $65!!! I have two trip to Seattle coming up..usually stay at either Sheraton or Westin but never gotten a $65 rate before unless using C&P.

nevermind, just read the post above that it was priceline win
Appears your not a fan, but lemme tell you, Priceline has been fantastic for me. I always get a really good deal and a decent hotel with it. If you watch some of the bidding forums, you can get a good idea which hotel you will win.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by inspiration100
Appears your not a fan, but lemme tell you, Priceline has been fantastic for me. I always get a really good deal and a decent hotel with it. If you watch some of the bidding forums, you can get a good idea which hotel you will win.
Yes, I found http://www.betterbidding.com/ a few weeks ago and quickly caught on. Sadly Aug 1st is when I needed to return and so far there hasn't been anything under $100 for 4* Not sure if there is more going on but that is when the Kenny Chesney concert and it's a biggin' (tailgate party starts at 10am, show runs 4pm to midnight). Got all of July to keep trying for a cheaper room but currently going to use our weekend award stay for our room but I've been trying to set my neighbors up with a room at either the Sheraton or Westin. Hopefully i'll get lucky next week and get something under $100.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:06 pm

Just following-up. After a couple weeks of unsuccessful bidding (but lots of learning) I finally won my first priceline bid.

It appears Aug 1s must be popular, can't help wonder if it's just because the big concert or if there are conventions or something. On the betterbidding.com forum people were getting great $65 to >$100 rates. I couldn't get anything, even at $105.

However I tried again today and got the Westin for $95. . .this is for our neighbors as my husband and I are using a free weekend night award. Still feels good to find a great rate, spg.com for Aug 1st is $219!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Just following-up. After a couple weeks of unsuccessful bidding (but lots of learning) I finally won my first priceline bid.

It appears Aug 1s must be popular, can't help wonder if it's just because the big concert or if there are conventions or something. On the betterbidding.com forum people were getting great $65 to >$100 rates. I couldn't get anything, even at $105.

However I tried again today and got the Westin for $95. . .this is for our neighbors as my husband and I are using a free weekend night award. Still feels good to find a great rate, spg.com for Aug 1st is $219!
August 1 is a Saturday. This is Seattle where summer cruises to Alaska abound!

Many cruise people come in/stay over on Saturday and leave Sunday. The summer season is peak season in Seattle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.