Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Seattle [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
I know reviews here are hit and miss but after 5 years of staying twice a year we have never been disappointed and even as just Gold we've always been upgraded.

We stayed here last year over Memorial day and were upgraded to a junior suite where our kids had their own separate adjoining bedroom. We were here back in May and the hotel was FULL but they still gave us a very high floor room and even delivered a tray of milk, cookies, and fresh fruit.

Well i'm currently staying here again. . this time we came for my son's 10th birthday at his request to stay here and see a Mariners game. The Westin has totally outdone themselves this time~

We arrived Sept 1st and the hotel is again full due to the PAC (gaming convention) however after mentioning my son's birthday on their FB page we were upgraded to the Cascade Suite on the top (40th) floor of the South Tower. The room is amazing and more then I could have ever dreamed of receiving. Both my son's were blown away but the birthday boy really felt special knowing it was for him.

Today, Sept 2nd, after attending the Mariners game (We WON yeah) we were relaxing in the room when there was a knock at the door. Room service wheeled in a surprise chocolate birthday cake with huge chocolate Mariners decoration. .

So yes while the hotel has been crazy busy and elevators always very full & slow. . our stay has been nothing short of amazing. . the kids LOVE the pool and having a separate room for them has been wonderful on mom & dad

We are one family that LOVE's the Westin and it's our FIRST choice for Seattle. We've had a handful of stays and the Sheraton and they don't come close.

Pix from our 2nt stay this weekend. http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...tin%20Seattle/
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Cascade Suite 4057

Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:06 pm

Super happy kid receiving a surprise birthday cake complements of the Westin

Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:09 pm

Bedroom adjoining the Cascade suite

Old Sep 7, 2012, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
I know reviews here are hit and miss but after 5 years of staying twice a year we have never been disappointed and even as just Gold we've always been upgraded.

We stayed here last year over Memorial day and were upgraded to a junior suite where our kids had their own separate adjoining bedroom. We were here back in May and the hotel was FULL but they still gave us a very high floor room and even delivered a tray of milk, cookies, and fresh fruit.

Well i'm currently staying here again. . this time we came for my son's 10th birthday at his request to stay here and see a Mariners game. The Westin has totally outdone themselves this time~

We arrived Sept 1st and the hotel is again full due to the PAC (gaming convention) however after mentioning my son's birthday on their FB page we were upgraded to the Cascade Suite on the top (40th) floor of the South Tower. The room is amazing and more then I could have ever dreamed of receiving. Both my son's were blown away but the birthday boy really felt special knowing it was for him.

Today, Sept 2nd, after attending the Mariners game (We WON yeah) we were relaxing in the room when there was a knock at the door. Room service wheeled in a surprise chocolate birthday cake with huge chocolate Mariners decoration. .

So yes while the hotel has been crazy busy and elevators always very full & slow. . our stay has been nothing short of amazing. . the kids LOVE the pool and having a separate room for them has been wonderful on mom & dad

We are one family that LOVE's the Westin and it's our FIRST choice for Seattle. We've had a handful of stays and the Sheraton and they don't come close.

Pix from our 2nt stay this weekend. http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...tin%20Seattle/
And you are only spg gold? wow!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Poor Stay :td:

Stayed here on a Friday night. Did not get any Plat Recognition. I had to ask for my amenity points. It was my anniversary with my S.O (indicated in my reservation), and did not receive any upgrade what-so-ever or congratulations on the anniversary. I booked a Deluxe room and inquired about an upgrade, they said none were available, but we upgraded you to a "high floor". I was thinking, "You mean the high floor I paid for" (my floor was half way up the North tower, so not really that high relatively). I didn't argue, not really my style, I just can't stand lies. I checked on my iPad in the room and was able to book a Suite or a Grand View Room right there.

I ended up enjoying the quality of the room. Great views of Seattle. Unfortunately, someone was running around late into the night knocking on our door for over an hour. My S.O. and I had a restless night getting up and checking the door--extremely annoying. Not the Hotel's fault. I couldn't find out if it was a kid or a drunk teenager.

I was so surprised of the plat treatment, after reading this flyertalk forum I was expecting a wonderful stay on my anniversary. The poor treatment by the hotel and the annoyances of staying up all night put a huge damper on my anniversary, I will never stay here again. I re-booked for the W Seattle for my trip there in two weeks.

I may write a note to the GM to train their employees better on the check in process.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
2 things..

Does anybody know if the renovation of other tower is completed and if they have moved to the tower that was not under renovation before?

I've also had lots of trouble getting suites here, 4 times in fact. Each time it was later in the day, suites were available online and the agent didn't really seem interested in looking. After speaking with the MOD, it was resolved each time to my satisfaction. YMMV.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
While this hotel isn't my 1st choice for Seattle, I thought I should mention a bunch of C&P inventory just opened up to the end of the year.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by nevansm
2 things..

Does anybody know if the renovation of other tower is completed and if they have moved to the tower that was not under renovation before?

I've also had lots of trouble getting suites here, 4 times in fact. Each time it was later in the day, suites were available online and the agent didn't really seem interested in looking. After speaking with the MOD, it was resolved each time to my satisfaction. YMMV.
I've spent every week at this hotel the past 8 months. All of the renovations are now complete so there is no need to worry.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:34 pm

What are they doing for Plat breakfast?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Just came back from a nice stay here. Got upgraded to a deluxe suite using suite nights. Very nice room and view...quiet and relaxing. Platinum breakfast was the only negative. It was just 3 items at the snack bar and a drink. No plates or anything...everything was take away...and mostly sugary stuff. They don't allow you to apply any breakfast credit at the restaurant.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
It was just 3 items at the snack bar and a drink. No plates or anything...everything was take away...and mostly sugary stuff. They don't allow you to apply any breakfast credit at the restaurant.
Big
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Big
Not sure why you are giving a big thumbs down. the rule is continental breakfast and that's what they provide. There are a few decent options including some breakfast sandwiches.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:18 pm

I always give a if a SPG hotel without a lounge doesn't give resto credit. Westin Bellevue, Four Points, and W all allow credit.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
I always give a if a SPG hotel without a lounge doesn't give resto credit. Westin Bellevue, Four Points, and W all allow credit.
why is that if that's not one of the benefits of the program???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.