Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Georgetown - Washington D.C. [Master Thread]

Westin Georgetown - Washington D.C. [Master Thread]

Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
There are a ton of great places to eat in walking distance from this property. What makes me "sad" is when I hear about people coming to D.C. and eating in subpar hotel restaurants and lounges!!! If that is what is holding you back, then hit up us fellow FTers for some restaurant recommendations...
I mean, I get this, but hotel breakfasts are significantly more convenient for my habits. Plus, a Westin should have an open breakfast option at this point - no excuse otherwise.

If I'm going to pay Westin prices, I should get a free breakfast like all other properties in the brand.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by arlflyer
There are a ton of great places to eat in walking distance from this property. What makes me "sad" is when I hear about people coming to D.C. and eating in subpar hotel restaurants and lounges!!! If that is what is holding you back, then hit up us fellow FTers for some restaurant recommendations...
I know how to find restaurants. My wife was here for an all weekend conference. She got back to the hotel at 10 PM Friday and had to leave before 8 AM Saturday. The lack of options was annoying for her.

Even in cities with great dining it's better to have the option of hotel dining when needed.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Any more recent stays? Restaurant still closed? Is there at least a bar?

(I'm aware of the great food in the area, but still like options...)
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:24 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Noticed online that this hotel was renovated with the new Westin styling (along with the former Ren near the Marquis) - that leaves City Center as the odd one out without renovations
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Noticed online that this hotel was renovated with the new Westin styling (along with the former Ren near the Marquis) - that leaves City Center as the odd one out without renovations
Note that this property is using a proper duvet on top of the new brown blanket bedding.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by 1200GS
Any more recent stays? Restaurant still closed? Is there at least a bar?

(I'm aware of the great food in the area, but still like options...)
There is a restaurant now. The breakfast sandwich is delicious.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:12 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Thanks! I've stayed there since I posted that. I believe I had the breakfast sandwich too!
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:35 am

Okay, okay, I know you all have been waiting for my impressions of a US hotel (oh, my) - perhaps, my expectations for the US are just too low, or perhaps, this bed was really that heavenly, but I ended up liking the Westin Georgetown, despite some flaws - here are my impressions:
  • I had been upgraded from a Traditional to a Deluxe the day before arrival - most rooms appeared sold out, and the property was obviously hosting a large conference - at arrival, the associate did a lot of typing, hesitantly offered an 8th floor room with a connecting door, stopped herself, did some more typing, and then said she found something without a connecting door on the 6th floor - wonder how bad the connecting doors are ;-)
  • The rooms are light and airy, and mine felt spacious enough with a comfortable desk chair and comfortable lounger couch
  • The bed was truly heavenly - plush covers, plush pillows, and plush mattress - basically perfect
  • Internet TV OS latest version present
  • Bathroom was large with separate tub
  • Shower pressure was light - this could have been stronger - and shower drain had a slight smell upon arrival that went away after I ran the shower a bit
  • Staff was consistently friendly - both Bya who checked me in and the later associate who helped me out with a breakfast issue and checked me out
  • Asked proactively about late checkout - they were good with 4 PM
  • Bya kept telling me she had a gift for me and brought out a box of 6 tasty truffles
  • Location is nice - I like this part of DC, and you can walk to Georgetown (also walkable to the Chinese Embassy Visa Office - well, 40 minutes away)
  • Breakfast was interesting
    • The first morning on Monday, an a la carte menu was served - there isn’t a continental breakfast, but I was told the credit is $20, which frankly didn’t cover most entrees but did cover the $16 breakfast sandwich and $3 coffee - the breakfast sandwich was truly delicious with one of the tastiest sausage patties I had seen
    • The second morning on Tuesday, I was told they only had a $20 continental buffet with fruit or a $35 buffet with eggs - I asked about the menu and was told initially it wasn’t available - I went to the front desk to explain that paying $15 on top of the $20 credit for some eggs didn’t seem fair - the front desk immediately went with me and told them to let me have the full buffet for no charge (they ended up just ringing me up for the continental, which was covered by the $20) - the buffet food was fine, but the breakfast sandwich was better - the very kind restaurant manager came up later and told me that in the future to insist on ordering from the menu if a buffet is present (I did notice the table next to me had ordered the eggs Benedict, so I was given bad information initially)
  • Housekeeping refresh was performed without me asking
  • Exterior windows need a good cleaning

I wouldn’t have an issue returning.

Photos:

1200GS, ckendall, dcmike and 3 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.