Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
For discussion of the now expired offer for a 35K signup bonus, see Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [No referral offers in this thread.]

USA-issued card benefits changed on August 11, 2015. (Announcement & extended discussion at American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits.) The benefits are slightly different for personal and business cards:

Public Links:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- The Annual Fee is $450.

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 3x on restaurants and airfare; 2x on all other purchases.

- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels

- FREE NIGHT AWARD: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS: Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

- Other Highlighted Benefits: Priority Pass Select Membership, Global Entry credit, No Foreign Transaction fees.

- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- $125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95)

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 4x at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services & on U.S. purchases for shipping; 2x on all other purchases.

- Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- Complimentary Silver Elite Status

- No Foreign Transaction Fees

Other related discussion:
Print Wikipost

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
According to Marriott everything is A-OK so nothing to worry about.

Not.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by jedelvalle
I was at 26 elite qualifying nights for the year and on August 18th they reset me back to 16. This means they removed the 10 elite qualifying nights that I got from being an SPG AMEX card member. Is this a mistake or Im out of luck about being Platinum next year?
Welcome to FlyerTalk! It looks like you joined back in 2012, but this is your first post.

I don't know the answer to your question. This might work itself out in the next week or two. Your other option would be to call or write an email to Marriott/SPG. You might have to get them to manually change it, but hopefully those 10 qualifying nights aren't gone for good.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:10 pm
txp

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
AMEX SPG Points not posted

Hi everyone,

The points I earn on my AMEX SPG card would normally post on my SPG account within 24 hours of the monthly statement date. This is the first month when the AMEX SPG points would normally get credited to my Marriott account instead of SPG. However, it's been a week and no points have posted. I wrote to Marriott and they said the following:

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today. I apologize for any inconvenience this may causes, however at this time due to technical difficulties our guests profiles are not updated. We ask that you contact us if your account is not updated within the next five to seven business days. We appreciate your patience during this time. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Safe travels,"

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thank you!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Welcome to FlyerTalk! It looks like you joined back in 2012, but this is your first post.

I don't know the answer to your question. This might work itself out in the next week or two. Your other option would be to call or write an email to Marriott/SPG. You might have to get them to manually change it, but hopefully those 10 qualifying nights aren't gone for good.
Yeahh call me a sniffer, a load to society. I've been reading posts for years without contributing and the first time I do it's for a question.... Thank you for the input. I already sent the email to these guys.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:17 pm

Try to check it on App, I saw my AMEX SPG points posted in Marriott App but cant see on website. How strange.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
My 5 SPG AMEX nights have disappeared.
Has anyone got AMEX nights restored?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
My 5 SPG AMEX nights have disappeared.
Has anyone got AMEX nights restored?
Mine are still not showing either. I am still missing 7 nights from 2018. I should have 36 paid, 9 award, and 5 credit card nights. Post merger it said 35, 8, and 0. I was told that Marriott is still working on restoring the data.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I originally thought these were AMEX night credits that disappeared from my account, but I'm pretty sure they were SPG nights from stays after mid-July. They now show under "activity" but they are not counted in my total.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:41 am

Will points earned from SPG card automatically post to your merged Marriott account?

My Business AMEX SPG card closed 4-5 days ago. When I log into my Amex account, I still see the OLD spg number showing under Loyalty#
My combined new Marriot account has a new loyalty number but the old one is showing also as previous loytalty number.
Do I have to call in to get the points properly posted or it will automatically goes into my new merged account?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
From the FAQ:

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO WITH MY NEW MEMBER NUMBER? HOW WILL THIS IMPACT FUTURE RESERVATIONS IVE ALREADY BOOKED?

New member numbers will be automatically applied to any existing reservations and linked with your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card(s) from American Express. Remember to apply your new number to any new hotel reservations and meetings/events bookings that you make and confirm that any travel partners have your updated information.

Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
My SPG AMEX was updated to my new SPG account number sometime yesterday. I have not yet combined accounts so I wonder if this willl need to happen again when I combine into Marriott.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Saidoh
My SPG AMEX was updated to my new SPG account number sometime yesterday. I have not yet combined accounts so I wonder if this willl need to happen again when I combine into Marriott.
was it automatic? or u had to call?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:56 am

I see that I'm not the only one feeling the pinch here.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
My 5 AMEX nights are still missing.

Quick "stupid" question, how do you display the "paid nights" on the website? It doesn't show the number of nights on the screen, just says "Hotel Stay". Am I missing anything?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:35 pm

Mine didn't post after a week. I merged the accounts. 3 days after merging the accounts, the points posted. YMMV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.